Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Help Thread] Please post your questions here.

Old   #1816

elite*gold: 0
I know this is a noob question, but I really wanna learn. Can you show me how to use this code?

"use
Arcadia
UPDATE [Arcadia].[dbo].[NPCResource] SET[spawn_type] = 0 WHERE [contact_script] LIKE '%Secroute%'"

Old   #1817

elite*gold: 1
Open your SQL server and connect.

Select the radio button for New SQL Query.

Paste that into the window that opens and select execute SQL

Old   #1818

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndr View Post
Open your SQL server and connect.

Select the radio button for New SQL Query.

Paste that into the window that opens and select execute SQL
what should i put in "contact_script" & "%Secroute%"
Old   #1819

Quote:
Originally Posted by woshini1daye View Post
what should i put in "contact_script" & "%Secroute%"
Nothing, the SQL query is complete as it stands to change the cash shop NPCs (hidden Village) spawn_type from 4 to 0

It is a workaround for customizable hot key settings not being retained, but it is only part of the workaround.

Old   #1820

Quote:
Nothing, the SQL query is complete as it stands to change the cash shop NPCs (hidden Village) spawn_type from 4 to 0

It is a workaround for customizable hot key settings not being retained, but it is only part of the workaround.
As you said this code only work for NPC in hidden village. Can you show me how to go to hidden village? Does this code also work for NPC with empty string in Horizon village?
Old   #1821

Salutes guys...I'm just curious if anyone has gotten the hammer working. I tried the sql query above and the hammer still isn't working for me..I still have broken dura items. I am using Arcadia db ..7.4. Any further help with the repair of dura items would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys so much.
Old   #1822

Would anyone have some spare time to write up a tutorial on how to fix the empty strings and other anomalies within the 8.1 db? I.E. red npc markers (found in Laksey) where there are no npcs. I have ACRE and notepad ++ ....but my attempts at repairing Arcadia ....well....have resulted in me restoring the db...eight times.
I just simply do not know what to look for or what to replace to fix these errors.
I am totally willing to dig in there and do the work....but I am spinning my wheels without the know-how. So....is there anyone willing to teach this old dog a new trick?
If anyone has time...may I humbly request a tutorial on fixing these errors....thank you for your time and all your efforts.
Old   #1823

Quest markers with no NPCs sound like the new 8.1 daily questlines.

Do you happen to know the name of the NPCs on mouseover?

Are you using an 8.1 updated client?

What language is your client?

What language or locale arguments do you launch sframe with?
Old   #1824

Quote:
Quest markers with no NPCs sound like the new 8.1 daily questlines.

Do you happen to know the name of the NPCs on mouseover?

Im not sure if you are asking me....if I know what npcs are suppose to be at the markers....OR...do I know the name of the NPCs which currently have the name "empty string " followed by a bunch of gibberish and numbers.
If you are referring to the first.....I havent a clue..as there are no NPCs at the markers to mouse over..and no information comes up on NPC marker mouse over. But the markers (I see) are located in laksey across from the lak trader.

Are you using an 8.1 updated client? I am using RZSEA_Full_Client_EN_EPIC8_1055 simply un-rared as is.

What language is your client? The client is English.

What language or locale arguments do you launch sframe with?
I have this as my launcher ....it's straight from the tutorial..
@ECHO OFF
START SFRAME /auth_ip:127.0.0.1 /auth_port:8841 /locale:ASCII /country:US /commercial_shop /cash
Old   #1825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacer19 View Post
Hello,

I love how clean the DB "Items" loot / drop unnecessary.

example:

201X-XX-XX XX:XX:XX Loading max Item index... (125014) ok

I'd like to clean it, but without affecting the players, possible?

Thank you for your help.
you have only 125K only ...

My server 1 year hosted (and working until now) has about 9x10^8
and they wont effect the performance of your server .... its just an index id's and they dont represent the real items #
Old   #1826

hey, please how to extract the files of an unpacked sFrame (from here) ?
Old   #1827

Hello ,,

Today I was playing around with dropgroupresource .... digging in it ....

I see that there is somehow a connection between some entries in it and decomposing function in server ....

I had about 68 items that I want to remove from drops .... I edited the dropgroupresource by editing the drop_percentage_X and drop_item_id_XX connected to some item .... and set them to 0 ....

after a while ..... I started the server and players came logging .. .... server crashes when decomposing function works ....

and it doesnt have to do anything to -3002001 to -3002005 values ...

then we can say that the problem isn't connected to specific id's ... its a general issue in dropgroupresource ....

my question now is how can we edited the dropgroupresouce safely ...

thank you in advance ..
Old   #1828

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSuperKiller View Post
Hello ,,

Today I was playing around with dropgroupresource .... digging in it ....

I see that there is somehow a connection between some entries in it and decomposing function in server ....

I had about 68 items that I want to remove from drops .... I edited the dropgroupresource by editing the drop_percentage_X and drop_item_id_XX connected to some item .... and set them to 0 ....

after a while ..... I started the server and players came logging .. .... server crashes when decomposing function works ....

and it doesnt have to do anything to -3002001 to -3002005 values ...

then we can say that the problem isn't connected to specific id's ... its a general issue in dropgroupresource ....

my question now is how can we edited the dropgroupresouce safely ...

thank you in advance ..
Some resources will cause issues if they are not tied to specific items, You may find it easier and less stressful on the server rather than removing items tied to a drop group if you just change the percentage to drop to 0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreil View Post
Salutes guys...I'm just curious if anyone has gotten the hammer working. I tried the sql query above and the hammer still isn't working for me..I still have broken dura items. I am using Arcadia db ..7.4. Any further help with the repair of dura items would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreil View Post
Would anyone have some spare time to write up a tutorial on how to fix the empty strings and other anomalies within the 8.1 db? I.E. red npc markers (found in Laksey) where there are no npcs. I have ACRE and notepad ++ ....but my attempts at repairing Arcadia ....well....have resulted in me restoring the db...eight times.
I just simply do not know what to look for or what to replace to fix these errors.
I am totally willing to dig in there and do the work....but I am spinning my wheels without the know-how. So....is there anyone willing to teach this old dog a new trick?
If anyone has time...may I humbly request a tutorial on fixing these errors....thank you for your time and all your efforts.
Are you sure you have not mixed the 7.4 resources in with the 8.1 client.

With the 8.1 AL7roB server files and an updated 8.1 client with a modified 8.1 sframe I had 0 NPC issues aside from the following...

1. There is an auction broker missing in action in the scarecrow fields, you can only see her if you launch the client under a certain locale. (This happens in the 7.4 files also.) She was easy to relocate and changing her local_flag to 0 makes her visible to any locale.

2. The NPCs for cash shop items for the KTS do not really appear or function properly unless you launch the game with the KTS locale argument. You can easily hide these non functional NPCs by setting their local_flag value to -1 this will hide them in the world and on the mini map. A cash shop NPC is easy enough to make anyway and yes there are guides out there for it and they are linked in the tools and guides threads. They may have empty string names because they are not commonly translated in the US db_string(ascii).rdb

I did not have any trouble at all with the 8.1 daily quest NPS being invisible, they worked just fine however you should be able to make them show just by setting the Local_flag value to 0 I am not sure why you should have to do that unless the dailies are only available on some versions and your sframe client version mismatch is creating some issues.

After making these changes you may need to dump the database dbo.NPCResource and turn it into a db_npcresource(ascii).rdb and hash the name to put into the client resource folder in order to update the client so that it matches the server tables. Without doing that you may not see any of the server side changes.

This may be of some help...

Thanks
1 User
Old   #1829

For example making it 0.01 percentage maybe ??

edit : even with lowering the amount than putting zero ..... its the same ..
Old   #1830

Well you could still have a drop percentage as low as 0.00000001 and it would probably still never drop.

I was thinking just going with 0.00000000 as long as you do not remove the drop_item_id_xx and drop_min_count, drop_max_count

You may need to do a client update as well though because not changing the db_dropgroup.rdb in the client so it matches the server could be a cause of crashes.

Tags
7.4, client, rappelz