Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 02:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

NCarbon 7.1 Hybrid Server Issue

Discussion on NCarbon 7.1 Hybrid Server Issue within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old 10/28/2011, 22:31   #16

elite*gold: 0
I'm not saying it's not the client, I'm saying it's a mixture of both the client and the server. The issue with the quests is caused by using the older version of the server with a newer 7.1 client. The constant crashes that all servers suffer is also because of the server itself and it's lack of compatibility with newer systems and hyper threading technology.

Also the reason your local isn't working is because your using a Quad Core. The server and client work fine on Duos like my mac, but have issues on Quad Cores. Our current versions of the server and client don't have the updated compatibility that official does, ours was based on older systems, thus newer systems create some technical errors. Such as this particular communication error. Which by the way, we found out may have something to do with a very particular something.

I'm not going to say what as I have someone working on it already, and he's looking into the compatibility issue with newer systems.
Old 10/28/2011, 22:39   #17

im using the 7.1 client and im having no troubles with the quests at all now that i fixed them....
Old 10/28/2011, 22:43   #18

Are you using a Duo or a Quad core Darklord?
Old 10/28/2011, 22:48   #19

duo but before i changed stuff in the db the quests would not compelete
Old 10/28/2011, 23:21   #20

That's why. Like I said the rappelz server has an issue with newer core systems and TH-Technology. Also I loaded the Arcadia 1.3 Repack and 7.1 Server and mods, and didn't have to change anything. It worked just fine. On a Duo core, but when Uebari did the exact same thing on his mac which is a Quad core, the quests would not complete.
Old 10/28/2011, 23:24   #21

Received Thanks: 2,458
-Points out the I ran the server quiet easily with quests on my Quad Core Phenom II X4 (With 6.1 Clients [Quests Work] and 7.1 Clients [No Quests Work]) so, hate to blow a gaping hole through your theory again. Don't worry I won't insult you, don't need anymore infractions because of you.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/29/2011, 01:40   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenOnlyWishes View Post
That's why. Like I said the rappelz server has an issue with newer core systems and TH-Technology. Also I loaded the Arcadia 1.3 Repack and 7.1 Server and mods, and didn't have to change anything. It worked just fine. On a Duo core, but when Uebari did the exact same thing on his mac which is a Quad core, the quests would not complete.
yes i understand that the server has a problem with the new cores but what your not understanding is the quests will not work without changing stuff in the db on the 7.1 client as the rewards for the 7.1 client are not in the db under quest rescource so...... that means there is no way that the 7.1 client quests would work even on the same computer as the server....ya some will complete but do me a favor look at the reward u get and tell me if its the right one
Old 10/29/2011, 04:23   #23

Actually yes, my quests gave the correct rewards.... Like I said, using it on my mac works fine.

And Smoker, Ueb says we're talking about intels not amds. He also said no one cares about amds.... I'm not that picky about processors....

Also, just so you know the Phenom 2 X4 came out in 2007, and were updated in 2008, which is why rappelz has support for that processor. We're specifically targeting MODERN processors, post 2008. Those are the ones that have compatibility issues.
Old 10/29/2011, 06:14   #24

Received Thanks: 2,458
I think your mind has compatibility issues.
Old 10/29/2011, 14:43   #25

ورعان انتو ماتعرفون شي
Old 10/30/2011, 16:25   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy-nl View Post
this is right

i posted a lil scrip on ncarbon that will fix the quests up to class transfer

the 7.1 client want rewards but those are not in db
Ok I have checked out your "fix" for the TI for 7.1 Client And it does not work still cant get past Deneb just hangs there. Unless this is like specifically for the 1.2 repack? Because I am using 1.3 repack and 7.1 Modded Client any advice for the TI Quests bein fixed would be cool guys because this:

USE Arcadia
GO
------------------------------
UPDATE dbo.QuestResource
set optional_reward_id1 = 690001
where id =1032

UPDATE dbo.QuestResource
set optional_reward_level1 = 1
where id =1032

UPDATE dbo.QuestResource
set optional_reward_quantity1 = 1
where id =1032

--------------------------
UPDATE dbo.QuestResource
set optional_reward_id1 = 602504
where id =1017

UPDATE dbo.QuestResource
set optional_reward_level1 = 1
where id =1017

UPDATE dbo.QuestResource
set optional_reward_quantity1 = 1
where id =1017

Dont work!
Reason behind this is simply as Darkness within said We dont have spicy noodles and such im sure.
Not trying to offend! Or be a smart *** at all I just couldnt see the changes Still hung at Deneb where you have to choose between spicy noodles and stuff. Speedy you do do good work as does Drow! So im not kickin dirt in no ones face. Maybe alil more clarification.
Old 10/30/2011, 17:41   #27

@Subaru: mind being a bit more specific about the Multicore part here? HT technology or more then dual core generally? Cause there is clearly a difference between those things. Your mac is running on a intel platform. C2D or iX series? If iX with or without HT?
Old 10/30/2011, 19:34   #28

Lawl Thanks Speedy, btw you are smiling in your posts today here and on nCarbon, umm is your birthday? xD

Thanks again for fix.
Old 10/31/2011, 00:07   #29

Thank you speedy for taking the time to make those adjustments. I haven't had the chance to look into any database issues, as I've been working on updating several of the systems for when we relaunch ToE.

I have StonedGrim looking into the issues with the compatibility side. He's found a few things that may be the cause and is currently trying to fix them, but as you may know he has a family and a job to take care of so he's only on every so often lately.

Sorry lawlywood, I'm actually not entirely clear on the specifics. This is coming from Uebari and StonedGrim, the Pres himself and one of our lead developers. I generally just stick to PR and updating the servers. I rarely help them with technical issues, because they can generally figure it out on their own. If you pm ivylawjm (a.k.a Uebari) I'm sure he can fill you in on the details. They've already figured out one of the issues and Stoned thinks there is another to fix so, I'll find out if he intends to publish the fixes or not.

Edit: 12:50 p.m. 10/31/2011 >>>

Quote:
Ok, to clarify what we have so far.

First off the new Arcadia Repack 1.3 with 7.1 Client modded, will not work properly for newer post 2008 processors, mostly Quad Cores. We are currently working on a compatibility patch for this.

Secondly, you can run the Arcadia Repack 1.3 with 7.1 Client modded on Duo cores. The issue with this is incorrect data in the database. When the client and database were updated to 7.1 on official they did in fact rework the way the system worked, this includes security and compatibility fixes as well as how the client and server communicate.

Originally for the older versions of the server/client, pre 7.1, the client quests called rewards directly from the ItemResource via quest hooks in the ItemResource, when they updated to 7.1 they changed the system so that quests from the client call information directly from the QuestResource instead, then calling data from the ItemResource via the QuestResource.

Therefore, in order to fix quests rewards for any Duo processor, you will have to go through the QuestResource and insert the correct item code for each reward, as the 6.3 server files, a.k.a Arcadia Repack 1.3 or below, does not contain these values.