Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 02:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

NFS WORLD OFFLINE SERVER.

Discussion on NFS WORLD OFFLINE SERVER. within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old 09/07/2016, 19:12   #46

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farming Inc. View Post
Welcome,

Don`t think that big like "Server where 1000 of people play nfsw" that **** will never work, take ya time look into the gamefiles and ignore the screaming guys here at this forum. Also don`t waste your time with a death project , real life is more importand. If you have no real life then forget everything i wrote and get ya lazy *** up to become a 24/7 nfsw slave

Good Luck
Quite frankly, I don't care how big it gets or how dead it is. I loved playing NFS Carbon and NFS Most Wanted, plus never got the chance to play NFS World. I'll give my best, first I need time to get around the game and get to know how stuff works.
Old 09/08/2016, 17:04   #47

Who remember this moment...
Old 09/08/2016, 18:29   #48

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilzao View Post
Nice, a lot of skills. How about helping us with this:

You can fork the project and commit some stuff. There is the nfsw offline version c# version too.

But... I have a guess about these high skills.

Right guys?
Yah right.
Old 09/08/2016, 21:41   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farming Inc. View Post
Welcome,

Don`t think that big like "Server where 1000 of people play nfsw" that **** will never work, take ya time look into the gamefiles and ignore the screaming guys here at this forum. Also don`t waste your time with a death project , real life is more importand. If you have no real life then forget everything i wrote and get ya lazy *** up to become a 24/7 nfsw slave

Good Luck
they said im the idiot here..(but not the life part....only about the online server)
Old 09/09/2016, 15:36   #50

If anyone want to test with me contact me on skype, Fabx_

Nilzao, i have a friend he have skills for UDP JavaScript language and probably C#, if you can tell me what he have to do i can tell him. So maybe can help the stuff on the project of the Online server.
Old 09/10/2016, 19:55   #51

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 6,394
No project is dead. The java version doesn't need any major improvements right now since the priority is creating a stable UDP server for multiplayer play. I have been tinkering with the nfsw.exe to understand how the game validates incoming/compresses outgoing udp packets. I've done this successfully for the XmppTag<Subject> calculation, however, UDP is clearly written by another department in the development team, so I cannot follow the code as easily. (Might be even left over from BB times)

Also, about my c# server; I just didn't have internet connection for like a week and couldn't send in my commits. Currently everything is running and it even supports custom themeing and custom languages. Database persistence is there as well. Only need someone to fix the sslLayer in the xmpp server since it's not functioning correctly for some reason. (could be a c#4.0 issue, powerups don't work because NFS:W wants them over ssl with tls.)

EDIT: The XmppServer issue is now fixed.

And a last note to everyone: If you ain't gonna help, just keep your mouth shut. Thanks.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/10/2016, 23:22   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabx24 View Post
If anyone want to test with me contact me on skype, Fabx_

Nilzao, i have a friend he have skills for UDP JavaScript language and probably C#, if you can tell me what he have to do i can tell him. So maybe can help the stuff on the project of the Online server.
Please tell him to study the java soapbox udp server.

Need to calc upd packets checksum, and remake the udp handshake.
Old 09/10/2016, 23:35   #53

thank you, link of soapbox? sorry but he is new and he is not registred
Old 09/10/2016, 23:45   #54

Help for nfsw

@ Hi, i want to help the project of nfsw. What i have to do and can you give me the link of the soapbox for studying the project?
Old 09/11/2016, 00:12   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabx24 View Post
thank you, link of soapbox? sorry but he is new and he is not registred
I will post with code tags, so he can see without registering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryam View Post
@ Hi, i want to help the project of nfsw. What i have to do and can you give me the link of the soapbox for studying the project?
Get one IDE (eclipse, netbeans, intellij), get lastest nfsw client.

Follow the readmes inside the projects.

When you done, can implement missing features, or fix bugs locally.

when fix or implement, create a github account, fork the project, commit and send pull request.

Code:
offline version:
https://github.com/nilzao/soapbox-race-offline

private server version:
https://github.com/nilzao/soapbox-race/

udp server:
https://github.com/nilzao/soapbox-race-udp

private server epvp topic:
http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/need-speed-world/4025818-nfsw-private-server-project.html

install-standalone version epvp topic:
http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/need-speed-world/4078178-soapbox-standalone-installer-1-0-0-a.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by berkay2578 View Post
Only need someone to fix the sslLayer in the xmpp server since it's not functioning correctly for some reason. (could be a c#4.0 issue, powerups don't work because NFS:W wants them over ssl with tls.)
My guess about the ssl stuff.

It's a security fix in ssl, happened in java too. The name is "BEAST ATTACK".

In java to disable the security fix I used this:
Code:
System.setProperty("jsse.enableCBCProtection", "false");
I don't know how to disable it in C#.

If you use the one xmpp python client (like our old xmpp.py file) to connect in your C# ssl xmpp server, you will see (probably) C# srv send the packets with breakline every first character.

And nfsw.exe don't like it.
Old 09/11/2016, 12:11   #56

Quote:
My guess about the ssl stuff.

It's a security fix in ssl, happened in java too. The name is "BEAST ATTACK".

In java to disable the security fix I used this:
Code:
System.setProperty("jsse.enableCBCProtection", "false");
I don't know how to disable it in C#.
C#4.0 is miles behind of the current network protocols, it only supports upto TLS1.0 so the "Taming the BEAST" thing is still around:

I can fix it if I just use , but then people with XP won't be able to open it. (And you know how much people still love XP)

Quote:
If you use the one xmpp python client (like our old xmpp.py file) to connect in your C# ssl xmpp server, you will see (probably) C# srv send the packets with breakline every first character.

And nfsw.exe don't like it.
Wait, really?? I kept a TcpDump to see how packets were going about and never caught that they had a linebreak as they are passed as binary(byte[]) rather than char[]. I'll take a look at it man, thanks.
Old 09/11/2016, 18:50   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkay2578 View Post
Also, about my c# server; I just didn't have internet connection for like a week and couldn't send in my commits. Currently everything is running and it even supports custom themeing and custom languages.
What does custom themeing mean?
Old 09/11/2016, 20:44   #58

@: Yeah, I remember that. I was online up to the end of the server-shutdown. It was so sad and funny at the same time to see the message that the servers are currently offline.

Hope you guys can develop it further - so sad that I can't program - only making 3D-models with 3ds Max and SketchUp.
Old 09/11/2016, 21:46   #59

@ if you have the time for going on skype we can test again the server and... maybe we get working.
Old 09/11/2016, 23:20   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaratha View Post
What does custom themeing mean?
It's not really a legit word tbh. Check /Data/UI/:

--
@, man you were right about the XmppServer. I fixed both it and the powerups, thanks!
Thanks
5 Users