Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 00:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Celebrating "Year One" of the NFSW Offline Server

Discussion on Celebrating "Year One" of the NFSW Offline Server within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old 06/30/2016, 00:29   #16

elite*gold: 0
So I may as well share my own story and give my own thanks before this thread gets buried in the back pages of the forum.

I started playing the game when it went completely free to play. The community was so vibrant and the races were a lot of fun, NFSW instantly became my favourite MMO of all time. Street racing, arcade style physics AND the cities of Most Wanted and Carbon? It was amazing for me.

The game did eventually start going downhill sadly. But the memories I have of the days when I started playing are so fond that I still consider NFSW to be one of my favourite games if not my favourite game of all time.

I was there when the servers were about to officially go offline watching the fireworks, 110% positive I would never see the game again. That it would be completely nonexistant.

A week later, I decided to google "NFSW Offline", holding some false hope that maybe EA did infact make an offline patch. But I found the Offline Thread instead and was completely amazed. I started the server up and was stunned to see the game loading up again. I can't think of any other MMO that was reborn with offline capabilities. The fact that the game I loved was one of the very very lucky few blows my mind to this day.

I've never been a part of a gaming community like this before. I have always been the silent observer. But I'm proud to be apart of this one. We're small, but I like that. I feel like we all know eachother.

So, now to say thanks. If you guys decided to call it a day tomorrow and decided to not work on the Online Server anymore, It would suck for the community, but at the same time we have the Offline Server and that won't ever go away. EA can't shut it down and take it out of existance, and I am very very grateful for that. Thank you Berkay and Nilzao. I feel like I've gotten to know you a little bit Berkay, and you're a good guy. I know I've said it before but thank you again for letting me be there when sync was working perfect for us for that first time. It was truly an amazing experience for me

Ok, this was a long one haha, sorry about that. I'm really looking forward to seeing how far we've come in "Year Two"!

Thanks guys!
Thanks
4 Users
Old 07/02/2016, 16:59   #17

All I have to say, if I had a hat on my head, i'd take it off for you, Nilzao and Berkay. AMAZING work.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/12/2018, 23:45   #18

Thanks Nilzao and Berkay .
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/22/2018, 18:04   #19

Thank you everyone for keeping this game alive and especially Thank you Nilzao and Thank you Berkay!
You are awesome!