Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 03:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Celebrating "Year One" of the NFSW Offline Server

Discussion on Celebrating "Year One" of the NFSW Offline Server within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Celebrating "Year One" of the NFSW Offline Server

So I found myself thinking about the 1st anniversary of the official closure of NFSW coming up soon. But then I realised something, the 1st anniversary of the Offline Server would be coming up soon. I checked the Offline Thread and found that the Offline Server was released publicly on June 26, 2015.

I feel this thread is necessary and the hard work and effort that went into the server needs to be recognised. But first, lets talk about how the Offline Server started.

The Offline Server began with Nilzao. He posted a proof of concept of the server a month before the official closure of the game on the forum. However, this was a base server and the game would crash after about 3 minutes of gameplay. Berkay and Nilzao decided to partner up and once a fake python xxmp server was created, Berkay set out to make the game playable.

Berkay kept working on the Offline Server and eventually made all cores of the game work offline. Such as a working economy, Treasure Hunter and Team Escape.

Today, Berkay and Nilzao still work together trying to bring back online with Berkay seeking to learn new things while Nilzao shows a strong passion for the game. Berkay describes the Online Server as "Nilzao's baby".

Today, I want all of you who love this game to think about how amazing it is that the Offline Server even exists. It was believed to be impossible, people were begging EA for it when the closure was announced. Offline was only possible from collecting data before closure. Without that, we would have never seen NFSW again after July 14th, 2015.

We have people in this small community who love this game, who dedicate hours of their time to making interesting and fun mods the whole community can enjoy. People who wouldn't be here without the Offline Server.

I ask all of you to thank Berkay and Nilzao for their past and future achievements. Post your thanks below. The Online Server is very very difficult to make so the least we can do is thank them.

To Berkay and Nilzao, I know you're probably thinking this thread is unnecessary but I disagree. People need to see this so they can truly appreciate what you've done for us.

Thank you.

"There is no real end for NFSW until we say so." - berkay2578
Thanks
24 Users
Old 06/28/2016, 09:00   #2

Thanks a lot @ nice story.

Let's get drunk to celebrate!
Thanks
10 Users
Old 06/28/2016, 11:59   #3

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 6,394
Cheers.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 06/28/2016, 12:24   #4

Some history in epvp:

When it started:

Sharing info how to make it happens:

First proof of concept (link offline) :

Friendship started:

Friendship confirmed:

First nfsw offline version video:

@ assumed front-line of offline versions:

Good job all community.

I just wanna save the game from extinction, and the community got all cars, all tracks, all parts, lots of mods, sound fixes, videos, time attack competitions, and more...

Thanks @ for stay in the front line holding the newbies and showing your face risking getting use from EA games...

Now we are "free" to make a full offline version.
Thanks
8 Users
Old 06/28/2016, 12:53   #5

I wasn't around when all of that happened. I wish I was though, it would have been an unbelievably exciting time to be around when that first offline video was created.

*cough* Plus my persona may have been backed up *cough*
Old 06/28/2016, 16:28   #6

I can't thank you the developers and the community enough for what they did so far. Without them, we may have never seen the game ever again. But now, it's even possible to bring back half of the game. That's really impressive and also very amazing and unbelievable.

Let's celebrate 1 year of the awesome offline-server.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 06/28/2016, 18:21   #7

My first video from first offline-build (and first offline video EVER)
Thanks
3 Users
Old 06/28/2016, 19:54   #8

Yes, thanks Nilzao and Bekay for everything they did to make it possible for the game to sort of continue in single player mode and the future of Multiplayer.

A big thanks to everyone who shared things like adding in all the cars, tracks, special effect mods, all the skills and parts and everything else shared by this wonderful community.
I have had loads of fun with my help too, which would never have been possible without the server editor from Barkay.

Thanks Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilzao View Post
Thanks a lot @ nice story.

Let's get drunk to celebrate!
Ok, even though I dont need a reason, now I have one to get drunk
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/28/2016, 21:36   #9

Thank you guys for keeping this game alive! In this way I can return and take my cars out for a ride in every moment! Thanks Nilzao and Berkey for all your time, work and dedication to this project and thanks to all the members in this community! Hope we can meet in the future somewhere on a no speedlimit highway and go for a race��
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/29/2016, 01:42   #10

here, where the magic happens:
Thanks
8 Users
Old 06/29/2016, 03:08   #11

Can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to the future Nilzao. Keep up the great work!
Old 06/29/2016, 07:33   #12

Noob Question

How do I download NFSW if the servers are down?
Old 06/29/2016, 10:43   #13

elite*gold: 100
I also want to thank you Nilzao and Berkay for not letting NFS World dissapear .

I still remember when I asked Berkay to do a backup of my account not long before the shutdown, and a couple of days after I realized I could have done that by myself ... the facepalm was big hehehe.

I also remember the hype and how nervous I was those days, especially since NFSU360 got his VLT-Edit working for NFS World. When I got that program, I quickly changed the sound of the Zonda Roadster to see if it was working while online, and everyone with zonda roadster sounded like Zonda R , that was fun.

And now... look how far this has gone, stable offline server which I'm having a lot of fun playing with, playing with one more player is already possible, lots of mods for the game done by the community... I'm grateful for all that progress in just a year

To sum it up, thank you to all the community who enriched this game and thank you again Nilzao and Berkay . Thanks to both of you I'm still playing a game I thought for sure it was going to die, and having a lot of fun doing mods for it and fixing some things here and there which Black Box didn't. This is the first year of many to come. Thank you and keep up the good work guys
Thanks
4 Users
Old 06/29/2016, 11:12   #14

@ you can download the last version of the offline server here: Scrool down and download the file. Reade the instructions inside the folder.
Old 06/30/2016, 00:15   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabx24 View Post
@ you can download the last version of the offline server here: Scrool down and download the file. Reade the instructions inside the folder.
Or grab it off P2P networks/blogs/etc with the right version... the Internet is HUGE.
(Or just don't uninstall NFSW if you played NFSW after that security certificate patch...)

**will edit space to reply to some posts, I just don't have the time atm**