Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 17:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[BUGFIX]"Exception Caught!" | "rand.exe" disappears from "\nfsw-srv\www\server"

Discussion on [BUGFIX]"Exception Caught!" | "rand.exe" disappears from "\nfsw-srv\www\server" within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb [BUGFIX]"Exception Caught!" | "rand.exe" disappears from "\nfsw-srv\www\server"

Hey, I found another issue within the Offline Server for NFSW. This time it has to do with an executable file.

I had reinstalled the nfsw-srv file, and that seemed to fix the Exception Caught! error that I had reported yesterday... the "rand.exe" file was not in its appropriate folder.

This time, I had gotten the error again, and I checked in the folder in which the "rand.exe" file was supposed to be in... it was missing again.

It seems like "rand.exe" either deletes itself or it moves to another location.

The Exception Caught! Error maybe similar to what is seen on the image below... This fix may apply to MOST, if not ALL "Exception Caught!" Errors. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Fix for Exception Caught! Error
  1. Create a new folder on your Desktop or wherever you'd like, and name it "NFSW Backup".
  2. Locate the "rand.exe" file (\nfsw-srv\www\server\rand.exe).
  3. Copy "rand.exe" and paste it in your "NFSW Backup" folder.
  4. In case you get another Exception Caught! error, or "rand.exe" goes missing, copy-paste "rand.exe" back into its appropriate spot.
  5. Start the OfflineServer and NFSW.

WARNING: Your Antivirus may detect "rand.exe" as Malware or a Trojan. This is another cause for the Exception Caught! Error!

Please note that "rand.exe" is harmless. Add "rand.exe" as an exception in your Antivirus, then you should be able to play NFS World, and everything should work.

I hope this helps any of you who are suffering with this error. Have fun gaming!

CodyP2000

Thanks
2 Users

Tags
bug, exception caught, missing, nfsw, rand.exe

« Exception Caught Error | Offline server does not want to start »