Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 20:11

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

User Friendly nfsw:Offline launcher (I can code it )

Discussion on User Friendly nfsw:Offline launcher (I can code it ) within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
User Friendly nfsw:Offline launcher (I can code it )

yea yea I know I made a post about this but now making it a thread for more visibility reasons There ya go:

HI! I'm in an IT program for now (professionnal formation) the module I'm in is C#/programation as a final for the class we need some badass project

I will code (with VisualStudio 2012)a more "user friendly" / ForN00b /PLAY button that start serv in BG then launch the game >> all this with NFS WORLD style UI and CARS BG that will change on a period of maybe 10 sec (screenshot of nfs World cars from EPVP community needed)

with other sections that contains all the "tools" that are already in the launcher

I just want to know if I need some sort of approval for doing this and maybe after it is completely finished including it in the SERVER.RAR ?
Old 07/29/2015, 18:24   #2

Berkay said that he has already made such a similar thing for the next release. So it would be a waste of time I guess.. You want some badass project going on? Help Nilzao with the instead!
Old 07/29/2015, 18:37   #3

DAOH!

when I say programation... I mean basic Windows form or Console commands LOL UDP multiplayer stuff means Network specialization.....annnnnnnnd..... I chose Prog instead of Network. **** me
Old 07/29/2015, 18:50   #4

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 6,394
All the things the current server editor is regread java&python. Literally 4-5 lines of code. Other than that I'm already doing an in-built launcher for server jar.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/29/2015, 19:02   #5

4-5 lines ? LOL I tought there was way more than this xD
anyway I have some knowledge on C# if I can help you with this you can message me... you are not alone in here, everybody wants to help

BTW the 3 cmd that appears when server start is that servereditor.exe or python?

if it is servereditor.exe why not make a notification in se.exe istself instead of opening 3 cmds in bg?
Old 07/29/2015, 19:38   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACKING_QC View Post
4-5 lines ? LOL I tought there was way more than this xD
anyway I have some knowledge on C# if I can help you with this you can message me... you are not alone in here, everybody wants to help
It already has the launcher so all it needs is confirmation for noobs lol.
Unless you can manage/work on bitbucket/github repos, I'm afraid we can't work togeter.

Quote:
BTW the 3 cmd that appears when server start is that servereditor.exe or python?
ServerEditor running bash codes in CMD. /C Mitm,Xmpphost,Server.

Quote:
if it is servereditor.exe why not make a notification in se.exe istself instead of opening 3 cmds in bg?
Because I need the logs if people get errors/crashes. It's the easiest way as Windows handles it.
Old 07/29/2015, 19:48   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkay2578 View Post

Because I need the logs if people get errors/crashes. It's the easiest way as Windows handles it.
ah. logic. didn't tought about this...
but (just giving an idea/no hate) why not make it generate a crash log like minecraft does when : mods aren't compatible/out of memory/90% of the time (LOL)/
Old 07/29/2015, 20:13   #8

Quote:
ah. logic. didn't tought about this...
but (just giving an idea/no hate) why not make it generate a crash log like minecraft does when : mods aren't compatible/out of memory/90% of the time (LOL)/
That would mean reading ErrorStream and OutputStream, since server&mitm logs pretty much everything that would mean high CPU&mem usage for a little thing.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/29/2015, 20:19   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkay2578 View Post
That would mean reading ErrorStream and OutputStream, since server&mitm logs pretty much everything that would mean high CPU&mem usage for a little thing.
**** me I look stupid xD even tho I nearly done my IT specialization ....**** idiot I am
Old 07/29/2015, 20:22   #10

Quote:
**** me I look stupid xD even tho I nearly done my IT specialization ....**** idiot I am
eh specialization in something doesn't mean a lot unless you do it with passion
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/29/2015, 20:28   #11

True dat .. I love computers and how they work and love helping people that don't know how it work that's why I'm studying in it

also maybe it is not the right place to say it... but .. the amount of traffic car is ridiculously low (around 1 -4 to 600m) is there a way to personalize it or it is nfsw.exe that want it this way?
Old 07/29/2015, 20:40   #12

Quote:
True dat .. I love computers and how they work and love helping people that don't know how it work that's why I'm studying in it

also maybe it is not the right place to say it... but .. the amount of traffic car is ridiculously low (around 1 -4 to 600m) is there a way to personalize it or it is nfsw.exe that want it this way?
yea. SpawnAIObject -> CAR_TRAFFIC1
Old 07/29/2015, 20:52   #13

of. what file? xD
Old 07/29/2015, 21:51   #14

Quote:
of. what file? xD
you need to edit memory or crack nfsw.exe
Old 07/29/2015, 21:53   #15

***** I tought it was a simple..... but I should've tought that it is EA so... ya know...