Infinite Timer on Barrier Spikes? I'm fairly sure it's rank-based, but it couldn't hurt to check.
Farther range of "Installing" Barrier Spikes?
I would ask to be able to mod the HP of the spikes, but that would require changing the Base HP of each rank individually. Same for the Damage % That's reflected.
So, really, can Barrier Spikes be changed much?
Server sides, might be able to maximize range though
Infinite Timer on Barrier Spikes? I'm fairly sure it's rank-based, but it couldn't hurt to check.
Farther range of "Installing" Barrier Spikes?
I would ask to be able to mod the HP of the spikes, but that would require changing the Base HP of each rank individually. Same for the Damage % That's reflected.
So, really, can Barrier Spikes be changed much?
Range might be possible if its not linked to skill rank.
Everything else, no.
So, at least what I gather from what's been said... All Rank-based info is stored Server-side and checked when the skill is used, but other things, like hit range, are stored on your computer.
just to be dumb and state the impossible. Making your character fly, literally with nothing under him/her. Maybe even walking on air. I.e. Replacing yourself, with your own bird. (obviously this is probably server sided.)
If someone figures out a way, tell me someday.
Here's another. Perfect Dark knight rolls? I know, probably server sided.
Distance gauge on your mouse. So, for example, if you use ctrl to lock-on to a target in the distance, it'd give you a little measurement for how far it is. I think it'd be interesting, and it seems like it'd definitely be a challenge, if that's what you're looking for.
In a recent video posted by someone of a foreign server (detailed, I know), I remember seeing these words on the ground in Iria. Apparently, they removed whatever hides artifacts before they are "discovered," so you'd see these little words on the sand next to Filia before they used an l-rod in that exact spot, and the word would disappear and the discovered object rendered along with its name right above it (Eye of the Sun, in this case.)
Otherwise, can't think of anything non-gamebreaking. There is this idea I'd like to mention though, the aim meter got modified for elves if you used that patch provided by Aldeel that changed the animation.
For example, normally, if I'm aiming and the aim meter hits 99%, but then I move, it jumps to 50% and begins aiming from there upwards again. Now, if I start running away from something and I'm moving, I'll see the aim meter at 50%, but the second I stop moving (if I've been running for long enough) the aim meter immediately goes to 99%. Now, this is only if I've been running and "aiming" long enough for the meter to be at 99% without me moving.
Like, say I start aiming. 10%, 20%, okay I move. Stop. It's still going up, 40%... I move again, and the aim meter caps at 50% since I'm moving. The second I stop moving, it's at 60%. 70%. 80%. Move, it caps at 50%, but the "second aim meter" continues rising and the immediate moment I stop moving, it jumps to whatever it's at. So, I stop moving, it goes immediately from 50% to 90% (it was 80% before I started moving.) Does that make sense?
Well, the proposition is you experiment with calls in standard.dll, and see if something interesting happens to human range, or otherwise.
@Pandarexic
I think that the rendering engine would have to call the objects distance in order for it to render and register hits/miss in range etc. since this is controlled by your rendering .dll's and engine calls this should be possible to display.
maybe a pake mod? maybe a packet reader or something to that effect that can see what the servers generated before you actually use the skill.
hmm... I don't understand the last part too well maybe someone else could help you with that.
[Ideas?] Need Some Ideas For My Public Source 09/23/2008 - CO2 Private Server - 11 Replies hey i need some ideas for the source that im coding (lotf) and when it is done i go public it, so someone got some great ideas? (Serious answers only please:p)
Examples:
Quests
Events
NPCs