Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 23:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

What this Forum Needs.

Discussion on What this Forum Needs. within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 03/01/2010, 21:17   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrir2037 View Post
I also want the moderators removing/locking stolen or leaked works against the creators will. Also emphasis on Demanding questions. :l
Questions like "Can I get the ranged dll?" are annoying but are not against forum policies. Nothing anyone could do against asking questions unless the person asks a question that has been repeatably asked and dealt with.
Old 03/01/2010, 21:21   #17

Forum mods have the ability to enact new rule such as;
The following topics are not allowed to be posted "Range Dll, or Fireball Mod requests" As these question have already been answered numerous times.
Old 03/01/2010, 22:01   #18

Good. We have like NO rules on this **** forum :I

I'm still lol'ing at all the Gaurdians on my application "LOW POST COUNT!" It's almost sad that they base credibility by post count lmao. If we went by that I believe I had what, 800 on Lemu. Let's bring up ALL my post count in all of modding history maybe that will make me credible. Lmao
Old 03/01/2010, 22:04   #19

Ehh, Maybe control some of the major flame wars that break out. That would help to this forum alot imo.
Old 03/01/2010, 22:07   #20

Start an off topic flame war = spam, so yea that is very credible for suspension.

I myself say that when someone releases something, it's locked and stickied. That will free up room, and reduce flaming. UNLESS it's leaked, then no.
Old 03/01/2010, 23:28   #21

Imo pretty much what everyones saying...

Set up standard and fair rules

and stick commonly asked for things like fireball(which i already know is stickied) and like elf range fix and so on
Old 03/01/2010, 23:45   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldeel View Post
We also need discipline. Just look at this thread

I mean honestly, our forum regulars know better then to download this, yet do you see how many of them just say "YES IT'S SAFE" to fuck someone else over? No, just no.
Yeah I know what you mean. I was one of the ones that was saying it was safe to see which idiots downloaded it. But I can also agree the mentality of this forum overall has to change. From what I have seen since I joined this forum, it is split into 5 types of people.

1. Idiots (Idiots)

2. People who can create mods, but choose to not release and just tease us with their shit. (Douchebags)

3. People who can create mods, but don't release anything and just call everyone else a leech instead of getting the fuck up and leaving the forum. (Complainers)

4. People who can't create complex mods, but they get the basics of how things work and they at least try. (Average user commonly mistaken for a leech)

5. People who can't create mods and just expect the people who do make them to hand them out like hot cakes. (Leeches)

I am sorry for those of you who don't fall into any of these categories but the majority of you do. In order for this community to succeed, we need to change a LOT of shit. First of all, make a senior section or something for the more "sensitive" mods. I am one of the first to agree with the fact that some mods, while they are not gamebreakers, just cannot be just handed to the masses. Some people who play this game are responsible and mature people but a lot of them are ignorant kids who will take something like 1 charge FB and abuse it and in the long run help get it patched. So make a section for those type of mods were people can prove themselves to get in it. In turn, this will greatly help reduce all the "CAnn i HAZ RANGE M0D F0R G9 IM NOoB!" threads because the main forum will just not have things like that in it.

Applications are based not only on knowledge, but on personality and how trustworthy they are. I am sick of saying that I would rather work with a responsible leech than a god of coding that cannot be trusted. At least the responsible leech won't pull off a raccoon.

Also, we need to just stop blindly attacking every new person who shows up at the forum (I know I do this too. I'll stop). Personally I prefered the days when no one knew about elitepvpers but since Lemu's death, it has certainly gathered a lot of attention and in the case of Nexon, that is not a good thing even though god knows it might be years before they do something about it. New people are here for a reason. Even the modding "pros" we got here were noobs once, so who are we to get in the way of the noobs of today becoming the douchebag pros of tommorow?

With all that being said, this forum is still fixable we just need to change our attitude and make it happen. What I said here is just my 2 cents on the matter you don't have to agree with me. I am 100% for fixing this forum, even if it means I have to be nicer . Hope everyone agrees at least on that so we don't die like Lemu.

Old 03/02/2010, 00:07   #23

i think that we should make it mandatory ppl post virus scans if they upload a file or sumthing like that.
Old 03/02/2010, 00:11   #24

Posting virus scans is a waste of time really.
Old 03/02/2010, 00:21   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theri View Post
Posting virus scans is a waste of time really.
This.

He is correct, internet based mass scanners are horrible for results, 90% of the time it's wrong.

The only thing I can see that I would recommend, is if you post something .exe based (Like the DR bots) you MUST post your source code with it, otherwise it's removed from the forum.

As for .dll's etcetc, I say we do away with all .dll uploads unless you compile it and can post a source code (Like Spr33's Fantasia), Tutorial base only perhaps? I will put IDA and OllyDbg in the thread I started, when I have more time I'm going to re-vamp that thread with detailed instructions, pictures and all. I'll probably work on that over night, it's gonna take awhile. I say it's better to educate our members not hand things out.
Old 03/02/2010, 00:39   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayoute1 View Post
i think that we should make it mandatory ppl post virus scans if they upload a file or sumthing like that.
Alot of people do this, but its quite simple to get a fake one off the internet so there not really that trustworthy
Old 03/02/2010, 01:42   #27

oh i didnt kno that i see some hacking forums do that, but i thought i was a good idea Dx
Old 03/02/2010, 05:58   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldeel View Post
Start an off topic flame war = spam, so yea that is very credible for suspension.

I myself say that when someone releases something, it's locked and stickied. That will free up room, and reduce flaming. UNLESS it's leaked, then no.
I disagree with this. If you lock something that is released, when it gets patched, a bunch of new threads will be spammed instead of kept under one thread, and the creator (if they do make a new version) will also have to make a new thread instead of editing their post in the first thread, which means more clutter in the forums.
Old 03/02/2010, 06:01   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internetz View Post
I disagree with this. If you lock something that is released, when it gets patched, a bunch of new threads will be spammed instead of kept under one thread, and the creator (if they do make a new version) will also have to make a new thread instead of editing their post in the first thread, which means more clutter in the forums.
Aah, true.. Hrmm. We're gonna need some serious thought into this on how it's going to work out the best.
Old 03/02/2010, 06:19   #30

i guess im number 2. i mean i dont release anything i have but i dont talk about what i have. i just point out the idiots. and state the obvious