Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 10:10

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

The Truth

Discussion on The Truth within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old 12/24/2009, 03:11   #16

elite*gold: 0
Not only that, DR generally doesn't use shortcuts, such as: btw. I have never seen DR make a formal post without a smiley of some sort. As well as the sentence structures the DR and the other "DR" uses are different. Well anyways, I sound like a dork. lawl.

And a Happy New Year to you all. XD
Old 12/24/2009, 04:52   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raccon View Post

I analysed the Keylogger together with some Greyhats and Blackhats. You caused quite some trouble, but now that you messed with a Blackhat, you got quite some trouble. We will not only affect your Mabinogi Account, but also any Online Banking, Cellphones, and so on. Also, you should start looking for a new Internet Provider.

Greetz,
DR
I LOL'D HARD!!!

This is what you get when you have a 12 year old play "hackers".

ROFL. Kid mods a game, thinks he's pro hacker.

Good luck, sunny.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/24/2009, 05:49   #18

So how do you think we'll believe you? How do we know you aren't still the hacker?
Old 12/24/2009, 05:59   #19

I doubt you'll ever recover whatever respect you had before this happened, and the e*pvpers admins would have to be stupid to give you mod again.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/24/2009, 06:23   #20

Well then....
This plays feels strangely empty
Old 12/24/2009, 12:53   #21

I call bullshit. Regret much DR?

Btw... banned... isn't that ban-dodging, creating another account once you've been banned from a forum?

Just admit what you did and get on with your life. I love the RIP over at mabimods. Made me lul.

Gratz on the promotion to the wall of shame.
Old 12/24/2009, 16:12   #22

I like how the new DR instantly goes Q.Q IT WUZ MABIMODZ D:<

Why does he think anyone at MM even gives a ****? We had some lulz, but, I visit this site so infrequently, I didn't even know anything about it till someone told me.

Does anyone even care that DR was banned anyway?

Maybe I didn't look around enough, but I don't see a Q.Q DR IS GONEEEE D: thread.
Old 12/24/2009, 17:02   #23

He got banned @ Mabimods too.
Old 12/25/2009, 06:48   #24

I just had an interesting conversation with a mate of mine. It was provoked by this .

This is the theory that he had behind all of this, whether it's true or not is another story but I thought it was too interesting not to post about:

(This is a cleaned up version of it since the initial version was basically just me and him driving ideas at each other. Added minor commentary just cause.)

So Dark Raccoon has stated publically that Nexon doesn't really give a fuck about the modding situation and basically considered himself .

Some time after that, Nexon implemented the that has been the talk of the town as of late. Even then, Dark Raccoon didn't expect them to do , even goading them by sending in his own mods.

Surprisingly, they ended up taking action. Even if Tzuan is not banned, it's possible another account (I'm sure all of us have alt accounts) of his (possibly the one who submitted the ticket) did get banned. Reading the as referenced by , it's apparent that they did act upon Dark Raccoon's provacation. Something did happen. It's really hard to deny at this point.

Therefore, upon realizing that Nexon was actually serious about the mod crackdown (I was pretty too), he goes nuts and takes it out on his forum in an "" type of manner. Although he was the one doing the provacations, he probably blamed the community that it happened. I don't know his usual style of speech, but if it changed, I assume it was because he was angry. It was a pretty angry post. Especially angry if it involved selling out the community to Nexon. Just my opinion.

Now here's where the story gets interesting. At some point in the chaos, the head admin steps in, , and the Dark Raccoon account is now banned.

Ultimately, the plan to kill the board has failed. Seeing that, he decides to draft up a about being keylogged in hopes to regain his trust in the community and possibly his moderator powers (to finish the job?).

It actually is a very smart plan. He talked about comparing IPs which means that the attacker could've had a different IP than Dark Raccoon's usual IP, but wouldn't that also mean that Dark Raccoon himself could've just went to a different location or used a proxy for this? There is a reasonable suspicion that Dark Raccoon could've just done this under a different IP just so he could deny it in the case someone tried to stop him. It is possible he used a proxy. You can't really be involved with blackhats and not know how to use a proxy, it just makes no sense.

If he was hacked, why did the hacker not take credit for his work? Why did he make it appear that Dark Raccoon did it himself? It makes no sense. This goes against hacker mentality in every sense. What did he have to gain by wrecking a forum only to see it restored if he was to get nothing out of it? How did he manage to infect Dark Raccoon of all people with a keylogger and why only target this forum instead of going after serious things like his bank account or other critical information? It's highly unusual when you read about the types of things hackers do.

Anyways, whether the above story is true or whether he actually did get keylogged, I imagine only the suspected hacker and Dark Raccoon really knows the truth. Me and my mate are conspiracy nuts and when he discussed this theory to me, I thought it was too awesome not to post about. I hope it entertains everyone as much as it did me.

Personally, even with both stories, there's just too many unknowns. The situation is just too unusual, even the timing was odd. Even with all of the information presented, the only people who really knows The Truth are Dark Raccoon himself and this suspected hacker (not my place whether to say he or she exists).

Even in the best case scenario and Dark Raccoon really did hacked, who is to say that the OP is really Dark Raccoon and not the hacker trying to get moderator power back to hit us again? What if he really did hack the Tzuan account (it is possible if he got his Elitepvpers account that he also got his Mabinogi account) for the sole purpose of engineering this "I got hacked" story just so he could repeat all of this? If there really is a hacker and he is really doing this, that guy must really be dedicated to the job. It must take an extreme amount of patience just to take down this forum. Keylogging the moderator, killing the board, deceiving everyone into getting mod powers back, and possibly killing the board again? Seriously, this might as well be a movie.

In the end, there really is not enough information to make an educated opinion on the situation.

If there really is a hacker who keylogged Dark Raccoon, I think it's the guy who has been harassing MabiMods, Ferghus or whatever alias he is going by these days. I hope it's that guy, he's a jerk.

Anyways, we're probably just over-thinking the issue (this is what bored people do on Christmas Eve and yes, we had nothing better to do). After the discussion was finished, I just thought it was too cool and movie-like not to post on the forum. It's not meant to offend Dark Raccoon or anyone else, just couldn't resist posting this theory since it was really entertaining. Basically, whatever gets our mind off the fact that Nexon now has our names and our mods (noo!!!!). Lately, I have just been checking my accounts and hoping that no more of them are banned. One of my alt accounts got banned this morning (you shouldn't be doling out bans the day before Christmas, Nexon ). I hope it is not related to this, it surely would make a bad omen *knocks on wood*.
Thanks
15 Users
Old 12/25/2009, 07:06   #25

Amen.
Old 12/25/2009, 07:22   #26

What if Nexon actually Keylogged DR? It is possible he got logged with Mabinogi on while visiting the forum. You'll never know what dirty things HackShield does over time.
Old 12/25/2009, 08:15   #27

Wouldn't happen because if they did, they'd have a class-action lawsuit on their hands. That's some big brother stuff right there. They'd have to have lots of money and lots of lawyers to pull that off.

Also, with the amount of people hacking hackshield on a daily basis, people will notice if there's a keylogger hidden in there.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/25/2009, 09:28   #28

Seconded amen.
Old 12/25/2009, 15:46   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkbox View Post
Wouldn't happen because if they did, they'd have a class-action lawsuit on their hands. That's some big brother stuff right there. They'd have to have lots of money and lots of lawyers to pull that off.

Also, with the amount of people hacking hackshield on a daily basis, people will notice if there's a keylogger hidden in there.
Don't you love 1984 quotes at time? Even though that book was a horrible one? >_>;
Old 12/25/2009, 17:44   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by shzukahime View Post
Amen.
^this
Closed Thread