Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Joining e*pvp
You last visited: Today at 02:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Application [Runescape]

Discussion on Application [Runescape] within the Joining e*pvp forum part of the General category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 40
Application [Runescape]

This is for Runescape, Runescape Private Server, and Runescape Black Market

Email:

Why do you want to be moderator?

The reason I want to be a Moderator for the runescape forum is for the following reasons: First, people are posting things with viruses and there is no mod to do anything about it. Second: I provide a good guide, I make sure people remember the forum rules, I also worn people before doing account trading. Third: I might not have that much activity, but if I were a mod, I would have to ability to do more things, and these other reasons: I really like being a leader, and I think I would do a great job as a mod, I think there needs to be a mod in the Runescape Forum, and if there isn't there would be a lot of people getting viruses, when a mod could of stopped it, and I would love to do everything I can to help everyone that need it, because, I'm a really good helper, I try to make everything a easy as possible, but if I can't I will spend as much time as it takes, to get the job done. I really think i will make a difference when it comes to helping people. I will be honest, This is the same application I used YEARS AGO, I have decided to return and am excited to join the team.

How much experience do you have with the issue from the forum you apply for a moderator job?

I have my own forums, and I was a mod at another forums, but this forum is better. I was once the Runescape Mod think I would be a great applicant for the position of a "Mod" because I have experience, I was once a mod for the Runescape section

Do you have enough time to visit the board averaged two days and to take an interest in the forum?

I have not frequented the site very often since i've left my position but plan on returning to the site as frequently as possible if given this opportunity.

Do you took part there before you sent your application?

Yes, I made a Guide on how to make a Runescape Private Server. And another Topic where people can tell us about their server, and another one as a hack, I know it isn't much, but there isn't much going on there besides people trading accounts, and i don't have any account to trade, or want to trade, that is the reason why I am not talking or posting threads there.

Do you have a lot of patience with questions which you think themselves that they are very stupid?

Yes, I am very patience, because, if it was me asking i would be asking a stupid question, but no question is stupid. I really like helping people, and I could do it all day if it took for the person to get what he wants to know. And I will stay there, to make sure that it is in a civil manor, not an animal like manor. I am really patient and I can wait as long ask it takes, for someone to get it, I don't know how many times I can say this but it's true, that's really what type of person I am.

Can you act good in general with other human beings?

Yes, I have a really good personality, that everyone likes, I wont flame anyone, I will help everyone, until the job gets done! I think everyone will like it, i don't get angry, i don't like flame wars, and i will do all that i can to prevent flame wars, because I am a really nice guy, I will do all i can in my power, to help everyone, and be a good person, to EVERYONE

Did you ever operate as an moderator before?

Well, I have my own forums, and i was a mod on someone else forums. Like i was saying,I have my own website, but there is no one one it, except for 3 people, but that doesn't make a forums, But I did manage it very well, and I can do the same for "Runescape" because there really needs to be a mod there, and i think i would be a great moderator for that forum, because i have experience, And i am a good person, and I am understanding, But the only thing that is holding me back is the post counts, so please don't let me that decide if I become a mod or not. I was a mod on elitepvpers before
Old 05/27/2016, 18:27   #2
Trade Restricted

elite*gold: 329
The Black Market: 181/1/1
Received Thanks: 3,417
Well, your last post is over 3 years ago, maybe become a bit more active before you apply as a moderator?
Old 05/27/2016, 19:27   #3

The activity would come with the position. I have the time to post and being a previous mod on the section, i have proven my ability to be active.

But I appreciate your feedback!
Old 06/01/2016, 16:57   #4

elite*gold: 2590
The Black Market: 140/0/0
Received Thanks: 9,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerble93 View Post
The activity would come with the position. I have the time to post and being a previous mod on the section, i have proven my ability to be active.
Well, if you want to become a moderator, you should prove yourself beforehand and not afterwards, because how will we ever know if you say the truth or not? Just because you've been a moderator here before, doesn't mean that you don't have to meet the requirements like every other user and activity is one of them.

Btw what do you want to accomplish with posts like that?
Quote:
I wouldn't trust this post.
Old 06/01/2016, 17:21   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
Well, if you want to become a moderator, you should prove yourself beforehand and not afterwards, because how will we ever know if you say the truth or not? Just because you've been a moderator here before, doesn't mean that you don't have to meet the requirements like every other user and activity is one of them.

Btw what do you want to accomplish with posts like that?
The quality of my post is directly related to my lack ability to control the forum. I don't think it's to hard to understand, I wouldn't trust that post, if I had mod rights I would close it, remove the link lol. Don't get me wrong, I may not post but I have always actively lurked through the forums, and just watched it get screwed with spam. I just want to fix it, why would I be involved in a forum that just has spam? Imagine a messy room.. Would you rather just start living in a messy room because you can or would you rather clean that room up before you start liven. That's all I want, I want to make sure the quality of the forum is there, you can't have activity if the forum is dead and filled with spam. Additionally in every avenue, previous work experience in the same position does prove readiness, if you'd like I can participate in the low quality of a forum right now, but that's purely creating activity as busy work.

I don't think you understand that if they made me a mod and realized I wasn't active they could just remove my position, but that wouldn't be the case, since like I've previously stated, the position will give me the tools necessary to turn the board around into a higher quality, I appericate your feedback, but I bet I can find a low quality post of yours aswell.So I ask you the same question, what do you hope to accomplish with a post like this:

Quote:
Internetzugang nur mit Idiotentest.
You're already a mod, shouldn't you be held to a higher standard? If not then you and I are on the same page!
Old 06/01/2016, 20:48   #6

Quote:
The quality of my post is directly related to my lack ability to control the forum. I don't think it's to hard to understand, I wouldn't trust that post, if I had mod rights I would close it, remove the link lol. Don't get me wrong, I may not post but I have always actively lurked through the forums, and just watched it get screwed with spam. I just want to fix it, why would I be involved in a forum that just has spam? Imagine a messy room.. Would you rather just start living in a messy room because you can or would you rather clean that room up before you start liven. That's all I want, I want to make sure the quality of the forum is there, you can't have activity if the forum is dead and filled with spam. Additionally in every avenue, previous work experience in the same position does prove readiness, if you'd like I can participate in the low quality of a forum right now, but that's purely creating activity as busy work.
I just wonder why you have 0 reports during the last six month if everything is crowded with spam? You don't have to be a super-poster with 100 posts a week, that may be true, but at least show some dedication. You don't have to have moderator rights to keep a forum clean and tidy, a report is also worth a lot.

Quote:
I don't think you understand that if they made me a mod and realized I wasn't active they could just remove my position, but that wouldn't be the case, since like I've previously stated, the position will give me the tools necessary to turn the board around into a higher quality, I appericate your feedback, but I bet I can find a low quality post of yours aswell.So I ask you the same question, what do you hope to accomplish with a post like this:

You're already a mod, shouldn't you be held to a higher standard? If not then you and I are on the same page!
I don't see a problem with that post. The TE asked for our opinions and I gave him mine. It isn't offending anyone. By the way I wasn't referring to "low quality posts", but posts that don't contribute to the topic and are therefore spam.

The moderator rang is way too prestigious to just add random users and see how they do and as I already said: You don't necessarily have to be a moderator to support your forum, so I'd recommend you to apply as a guardian first.
Old 06/01/2016, 21:18   #7

Quote:
I just wonder why you have 0 reports during the last six month if everything is crowded with spam? You don't have to be a super-poster with 100 posts a week, that may be true, but at least show some dedication. You don't have to have moderator rights to keep a forum clean and tidy, a report is also worth a lot.

I don't see a problem with that post. The TE asked for our opinions and I gave him mine. It isn't offending anyone. By the way I wasn't referring to "low quality posts", but posts that don't contribute to the topic and are therefore spam.

The moderator rang is way too prestigious to just add random users and see how they do and as I already said: You don't necessarily have to be a moderator to support your forum, so I'd recommend you to apply as a guardian first.

Well my post was honestly telling people not to trust the post, it's not spam to warn others, you're silly if you are trying to prove that. Additionally it's pretty silly that you think I am just some random person, I don't get what is so hard to understand that I've been on this forum longer than you have? If that makes me a rando then what would that make you. I'm definitely active on this thread aren't I? And you want me to report the forum, I can do that, I can go through every post, and mark those as spam, cool, 2 hours later what additional activity do you want? Your recommendation is purely based off of the fact that you think activity is the only measure of readiness, but it's literally not, just look at how you are handling this situation, you have the audacity to act condensending towards a post of mine, when you think it's irrelevant, but a post that I outted you on, on being low quality, just isn't because of some really weak justification, you could have stated your opinion in much deeper and thorough method, you are a mod of course, every post you do must be high quality - so please don't try to out me for a post that actually served some benefit, even though you might not understand the benefits of it.

The fact that I want to come back to the forum and get it back up and running is showing dedication. You are confusing me as someone who has no history or experience, which is not true, and which you are compeletly disregarding. I have reported thread in the past but saw nothing happening so I didn't see the value, again you are just asking for busy work, if you want the forum to have a high quality environment, I'd be the person to make into that.

As always your feedback is appreciated, though poorly warranted.
Old 06/01/2016, 22:30   #8

Quote:
Well my post was honestly telling people not to trust the post, it's not spam to warn others, you're silly if you are trying to prove that.
Sure it is. How would you react to such a post if it was made in one of your threads without a valid justification? How do you want to enforce the rules if you obviously don't even know the rules yourself (what you could disprove with reports, but you have none). Calling me silly won't improve your situation.

Quote:
Additionally it's pretty silly that you think I am just some random person, I don't get what is so hard to understand that I've been on this forum longer than you have? If that makes me a rando then what would that make you.
Well, you are a random person to me since I've never seen you before. I don't get why do you see that as an insult. Just because you've been registered for a longer time, doesn't mean that you'll get special treatment.

Quote:
I'm definitely active on this thread aren't I? And you want me to report the forum, I can do that, I can go through every post, and mark those as spam, cool, 2 hours later what additional activity do you want? Your recommendation is purely based off of the fact that you think activity is the only measure of readiness, but it's literally not
What is it in your opinion? If you were an administrator on this board, how would you find capable users for your staff team? How can you judge users if they don't give you anything to judge because of the lack of activity?

Quote:
just look at how you are handling this situation, you have the audacity to act condensending towards a post of mine, when you think it's irrelevant
I'm not acting condescendingly at all. If you think that, you should maybe reconsider your ability to take criticism.

Quote:
but a post that I outted you on, on being low quality, just isn't because of some really weak justification, you could have stated your opinion in much deeper and thorough method
Why should I? Am I only allowed to submit a post if it's written like an essay? It's contributing to the topic and nothing else matters.

Quote:
you are a mod of course, every post you do must be high quality
Source? It's interesting that you apparently know more about my job than I and my colleagues do. A moderator might be a moderator but he's a user of this forum first of all and as a user I'm allowed to post anything as long as it isn't against our board rules.

Quote:
The fact that I want to come back to the forum and get it back up and running is showing dedication. You are confusing me as someone who has no history or experience, which is not true, and which you are compeletly disregarding. I have reported thread in the past but saw nothing happening so I didn't see the value, again you are just asking for busy work, if you want the forum to have a high quality environment, I'd be the person to make into that.
I don't know at what time you've been a moderator, but it's obviously some years ago (maybe six or seven?). The board has massively grown in the past years and thus the requirements for becoming a staff member. Don't get me wrong and I don't want to diminish your efforts in the past, but the "good old Lowfyr times" are over. You won't be added as a moderator just because your application looks "okay". Maybe he did this, but that's probably because the forum had considerably less users.
Old 06/01/2016, 22:57   #9

Quote:
Sure it is. How would you react to such a post if it was made in one of your threads without a valid justification? How do you want to enforce the rules if you obviously don't even know the rules yourself (what you could disprove with reports, but you have none). Calling me silly won't improve your situation.
Honestly, it still is relevant to the post, aren't I allowed to post my opinion if I trust the thread or not? Yes I am, just like I previously stated just because you don't see the benefit in my post doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Just as you are justifying your low quality post, I am justifying mine, and your justification is rooted in opinion.

Quote:
Well, you are a random person to me since I've never seen you before. I don't get why do you see that as an insult. Just because you've been registered for a longer time, doesn't mean that you'll get special treatment.
Just because I am random to you does not make me random to the people who are running this forum, at the end of the day you do not pull the trigger, yet you are still acting as if your word represent the word of elitepvpers in its entirety, but you are not in the position, as previously mentioned your feedback is appreciated but it has evolved from feedback to criticism not even constructive in nature.

Quote:
What is it in your opinion? If you were an administrator on this board, how would you find capable users for your staff team? How can you judge users if they don't give you anything to judge because of the lack of activity?
Well like I previously stated, just like in almost every other role in society, previous work experience, especially in the same exact roles, is enough to evidence to get you a position. I was the person who got Runescape Private Server added and Runescape Blackmarket, since those additions literally no progress has been made in the forum, I do t see why you are so opposed to progress, yet you are masking it as lack of activity.

Quote:
I'm not acting condescendingly at all. If you think that, you should maybe reconsider your ability to take criticism.
I'll have to disagree, whether you were intentionally trying to be condensending, that is how you came across to me, and no it's not me being able to reconsider my ability to take criticism, I shouldn't have to take Cristian from anyone, I'm open to constructive criticism, which is positive, while what you are offer(you even admitted its what you are offering) is just criticism. Why would a mod criticize one of their users?? Here are two definitions of criticism:
  • : to express disapproval of (someone or something) : to talk about the problems or faults of (someone or something)
  • : to look at and make judgments about something,
You are just judging me, which offer no benefit to my positions if it was constructive criticism, rooted in logic then I would be more welcoming of it.

Quote:
Why should I? Am I only allowed to submit a post if it's written like an essay? It's contributing to the topic and nothing else matters.
Source? It's interesting that you apparently know more about my job than I and my colleagues do. A moderator might be a moderator but he's a user of this forum first of all and as a user I'm allowed to post anything as long as it isn't against our board rules.
Am I only allowed to make posts that I justify every claim I make? No, just like you are stating, I'm allowed to make an opinion just like you.

Quote:
I don't know at what time you've been a moderator, but it's obviously some years ago (maybe six or seven?). The board has massively grown in the past years and thus the requirements for becoming a staff member. Don't get me wrong and I don't want to diminish your efforts in the past, but the "good old Lowfyr times" are over. You won't be added as a moderator just because your application looks "okay". Maybe he did this, but that's probably because the forum had considerably less users.

The overall forums activity in the runescape has actually fallen since I've left, you can confirm that from John, I brough life to that section, and just want to do it again, but aparently, activity is the only justification of a quality member, well I'm active on this thread, that should take your worry away, literally just an arbitrary measure of readiness.
Old 06/01/2016, 23:23   #10

elite*gold: 83
Received Thanks: 6,036
Lets disregard everything just for this moment. I just want to get a more personified answer.

Why do you want to become a mod? Would you mind if someone else became a moderator in said section?

How would you try and increase activity, you could just argue that it's lacking that audience and other games have become the norm.
Old 06/02/2016, 08:21   #11

So let's summarize for the tl;drs:
- You think you should become a moderator because "you are who you are"
- Registration date and work experience are enough required qualification to become a moderator again at any time, even though a lot of things (also rules) could have changed over the last few years and you don't have to prove your knowledge with reports
- Telling someone that reports and/or posts would increase the chance of becoming a moderator (significantly) is no constructive criticism
- Moderators are only allowed to post high quality posts
- Moderators are not allowed to critize users, even if a warning/infraction is basically nothing else
- I'm silly

I think I made my decision and others did as well so I'll leave room for their feedback.

By the way what happened to your post?

Old 06/02/2016, 11:06   #12

elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 387/2/0
Received Thanks: 3,862
Perhabs you might want to write a new application.Pretty much all you wrote was that you are a good person and maybe you'll be active if you get accepted.
Old 06/02/2016, 16:49   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby View Post
Lets disregard everything just for this moment. I just want to get a more personified answer.

Why do you want to become a mod? Would you mind if someone else became a moderator in said section?
I legitimate care about the Runescape Section, runescape was the first MMORPG I played and I searched everywhere for a great runescape community and there just wasn't, I turned that forum into a super active board with quality posts, I turned it into a place I enjoyed. When time came that I did not have enough time to invest in Elitepvpers because of a job change, I willingly gave up my position. That's why I am saying that I am still just as qualified as I am back then. I have the same passion for the forum and the game as I do back then, except now I have the time necessary to invest in the forum and make it great again.

Quote:
How would you try and increase activity, you could just argue that it's lacking that audience and other games have become the norm.
Well I used to make phenomenonal guides and video tutorials which would also drive activity from YouTube. Additionally since the section would get cleaned up people would actually want to stay in the forum. Finally, if the point everyone is trying to make is to prove my activity, would my activeness on here show my dedication to the board? Why would I care so much about my application if I didn't care about the forum.

Quote:
So let's summarize for the tl;drs:
- You think you should become a moderator because "you are who you are"
Not because of just who I am, but what I have done for the section and these forums in the past. So please don't try to make what I say into something that it's not just because you have a personal vendetta against me.you lack the ability to understand what I am trying to articulate, so it must be going above your head, like I said I will continue to clarify whatever you are misrepresenting.

Quote:
- Registration date and work experience are enough required qualification to become a moderator again at any time, even though a lot of things (also rules) could have changed over the last few years and you don't have to prove your knowledge with reports

Yes that's what I am saying, it will take me 1 day to read a rull book and update myself on any rules, do you have a real world full time job? Like a big boy job? You understand you don't need to have every bit of knowledge of the position you're going into, you just need to show willingness and eagerness to learn, which I am.

Quote:
- Telling someone that reports and/or posts would increase the chance of becoming a moderator (significantly) is no constructive criticism

Too bad that isn't not what you are doing, it's all about positioning, how you positioned all of your criticism, was just as that, criticism, criticism has a negative connotation - constructive criticism however is positive in nature. What you were offering was only criticism. So I'm not saying you can't offer criticism just make sure how you position it comes off as positive and not negative, I was the person receiving your criticism, and I definitely took it as negative. So it's your job to make sure how you position things is positive, you are in a elevated role.

Quote:
- Moderators are only allowed to post high quality posts
- Moderators are not allowed to critize users, even if a warning/infraction is basically nothing else

Well I definitely wouldn't criticism anyone from my section, it's like would you make fun of your clients?! Who would do that, apparently you think it's okay, maybe you should rethink what's best for the community, because you coming off as a dick I don't think is very good - you just came off as a dick to me. And still do, you definitely are condensending and I think some of the power has gotten to you. Literally no other moderater acted the way you did instead asked and probed more about why I thought I was ready.

Quote:
- I'm silly

I still think you are (:

Quote:
I think I made my decision and others did as well so I'll leave room for their feedback.

By the way what happened to your post?
Old 06/02/2016, 17:01   #14

elite*gold: 83
Received Thanks: 6,036
Well, I expect that the Runescape section is probably quite messy due to barely any reports coming up. Global Moderators are quite based on reports, as it's extremely time exhaustive to check every topic, every post in every single section.

Reports can also show how bad the section actually is. In terms of spam, malware as so forth.

Whereas I do believe what you say, saying you understand how moderation work, and that you are extremely passionate about the section. Making it (hopefully so) more active again.

I feel like, and you have to understand it from everyone else's perspective, and trust me. I don't doubt that you indeed have the motivation. But it's from a less risk standpoint. When your last post was (say, 3 years ago) and you just popped up out of the blue saying, I'm here! If you are serious about it, just reporting, posting, helping out and so on would show that you really do care about getting the position.

It just builds up some sort of confidence for everyone else, seeing that. Yeah, gerble does care about the section (which I know you do) and showing an active interest in the section (even though it can be really messy, it can make a difference by being there.)

I'm not trying to say this in a condensing way at all, because whereas I do feel like you are indeed passionate about it. Just proving you aren't here just to for a bit, helps in the long run.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/02/2016, 17:08   #15

Quote:
Well, I expect that the Runescape section is probably quite messy due to barely any reports coming up. Global Moderators are quite based on reports, as it's extremely time exhaustive to check every topic, every post in every single section.

Reports can also show how bad the section actually is. In terms of spam, malware as so forth.

Whereas I do believe what you say, saying you understand how moderation work, and that you are extremely passionate about the section. Making it (hopefully so) more active again.

I feel like, and you have to understand it from everyone else's perspective, and trust me. I don't doubt that you indeed have the motivation. But it's from a less risk standpoint. When your last post was (say, 3 years ago) and you just popped up out of the blue saying, I'm here! If you are serious about it, just reporting, posting, helping out and so on would show that you really do care about getting the position.

It just builds up some sort of confidence for everyone else, seeing that. Yeah, gerble does care about the section (which I know you do) and showing an active interest in the section (even though it can be really messy, it can make a difference by being there.)

I'm not trying to say this in a condensing way at all, because whereas I do feel like you are indeed passionate about it. Just proving you aren't here just to for a bit, helps in the long run.
See this is constructive criticism, I defiantly appreciate your feedback and I can see where the concern is coming from. However the forum software literally has a check and balance system for that. You literally just fire me if I don't do what I say. That is literally why every job you apply for, after you get the position you are in a prohibitionary period, which I would be fine being in.

But don't get me wrong, throwing in report and marking things as spam and waiting for someone else to take care of the situation is just not how I work. I want to go in there, clean it all up, make it a place I want to call home again. And then I can't have a place to actually present quality guides, I actually have guides written and made, but will not post them until the section is cleaned out, otherwise it will just get riddled with spam.