Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Joining e*pvp
You last visited: Today at 11:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Application [Runescape]

Discussion on Application [Runescape] within the Joining e*pvp forum part of the General category.

Old 06/02/2016, 17:39   #16

elite*gold: 83
Received Thanks: 6,036
I can see where you are coming from.
Whereas vbulletin does basically have a check and balance system and if things do go horribly wrong they could just unmod you. I think (this is merely what I believe, not an official statement) they want someone for the long run. They want someone whom from their perspective, ticks all the right boxes so that conclusion doesn't have to happen.

Oh, I believe you. Different Moderators have different moderating systems. And it's good to hear that you have the intentions of wanting to make it a better place, but I just feel like personally, there should be some sort of effort (hey, I'm not saying you aren't) to make it worthwhile. Perhaps it's just me going round and round in circles. Apologies if so.

Still, thanks for being able to reply.
Old 06/02/2016, 19:02   #17

elite*gold: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby View Post
I can see where you are coming from.
Whereas vbulletin does basically have a check and balance system and if things do go horribly wrong they could just unmod you. I think (this is merely what I believe, not an official statement) they want someone for the long run. They want someone whom from their perspective, ticks all the right boxes so that conclusion doesn't have to happen.

Oh, I believe you. Different Moderators have different moderating systems. And it's good to hear that you have the intentions of wanting to make it a better place, but I just feel like personally, there should be some sort of effort (hey, I'm not saying you aren't) to make it worthwhile. Perhaps it's just me going round and round in circles. Apologies if so.

Still, thanks for being able to reply.
Well my intentions are definitely for the long haul, since I have more time in my schedule to be able to actually moderate a forum I will be able to actually commit to it. Just like I stated previously, I willingly left my position because I knew I did not have the time to invest to be able to moderate the forum, and I didn't want to loose activity as I was in the moderator role, so I gave up my position. That's how much I care about the boards, it all seems like the issue with my lack of activity now is that I just haven't been on the forum for much, with that being said , I have literally reponded to almost every response on this thread - which goes to show that I have the time and commitment to be available to the forum.

My point is, that it seems like the activity goal is more so just a busy work goal, something to keep me busy, literally for the sake of keeping me busy, I can artificially create activity, if it would make everyone happy, but it's not what I wanted to do, I want to offer the quality post I have made already, in an environment that's ready for it.

Like I previously stated, I was the one that put the runecspe forum on the map, since I left that has disappeared, if you want the forum to be active again, I am the answer for that aswell!