Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Guild Wars > GW Bots
You last visited: Today at 09:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

So is GR dead?

Discussion on So is GR dead? within the GW Bots forum part of the Guild Wars category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
So is GR dead?

Site appears to be down, is GR finally dead for good? RIP
Old 03/25/2018, 12:09   #2

yessir

Press F to pay respects
Old 03/31/2018, 21:21   #3

Rest In Peace GR Respect To All Peopel To Make A beutifull Time
Old 04/15/2018, 02:41   #4

can someone upload their stuff here?
did people go somewhere else?
reddit/here????

i loved the place....
Old 04/15/2018, 04:37   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by joni2 View Post
did people go somewhere else?
reddit/here????

i loved the place....
Quite a bit of activity here:
Old 04/15/2018, 16:25   #6

Quote:
Not gonna happen.
Old 04/15/2018, 16:31   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by savsuds View Post
Not gonna happen.
why not?
it was all public
i still have a few of their bots on my machine, i just never took the time to download everything there was.

i would think re uploading it here, would be a good idea, i dont get why you dont wanna do it ?!

PS: i recognize your name from GR, so i really dont get why u want all the stuff to not be avalible anymore (its not like there is a market for it, with a 15year old game...)

I would appriciate talking to you personally, if u have any contact info.

PSS: This guy already made something like i imagined
i still have some bots that he doesnt have in his thread, im gonna upload and post them there.

I hoped the old GR guys would be willing to do the same with things that i dont have but they do, but you dont, i cant force anyone to do anything, was just an idea.....

i would still appriciate you contacting me tho :P same goes for 4d1 also remember ur name from gr

here is what i still got left from GR:

List of whats inside
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/17/2018, 15:12   #8

Quote:
i just never took the time to download everything there was.
You answered your own question as to why. You did not copy what you wanted when it was available. You must now pay for your choice or beg someone to repost.

I won't be reposting things that are/not mine.

Chances are most others won't either.
Old 04/19/2018, 15:53   #9

Quote:
You answered your own question as to why. You did not copy what you wanted when it was available. You must now pay for your choice or beg someone to repost.

I won't be reposting things that are/not mine.

Chances are most others won't either.
Sad to hear your stance on that.

We both know how much good information and content was on GR.

I havent even botted recently at all and i still have all the bots i ever used on my PC.
In case u looked into my uploaded file, u probably noticed that like 80% of the useful GR uploads were in there (even hooded forums)

I hoped all the former GR members, would agree with me that its sad to see the information go.
And since it was accessible on GR to everyone, i dont really see the reasoning in keeping it private now (except if its for rather selfish reasons)

Its just really sad to see all the great information and content on gw1 botting be gone, rather then trying to keep it alive....

I posted my stuff because i really dont want the gw1 botting community to die, we are so few people anyways, I really dont see the reason behind not improving our community and keeping the old GR content alive in some form.

Again, I cant change your stance on things, but i also really dont understand where this is coming from. (some sort of anger towards fellow botters seems to be in your heart, but maybe its something else idk)

Maybe you will reconsider at some point. im really sorry for whatever pissed you off that u dont like people using that stuff anymore.

I personally always botted very ethically and tried not to "damage" the normal economy (which is fucked anyways, but still bots can destroy it even more)
but others sometimes dont care...
Old 04/19/2018, 16:30   #10

The part you fail to realize is that people posted files there not here. It was a choice they made with their creation. I honor their choice by not reposting bots that were created by someone else. That is partly why some people share information with me, because I don’t share it with others whether it is public or private. If an author decides to repost his work here, that is their decision not mine. If they don’t repost, I won’t go behind their back and do it just because it was publicly available on another website. Most of those GR bots are dated and garbage. Most people I know have moved onto other APIs than GWA2/GWapi. They might repost an older bot, but chances they did not keep it on their computers.
Old 04/21/2018, 23:23   #11

Quote:
The part you fail to realize is that people posted files there not here. It was a choice they made with their creation. I honor their choice by not reposting bots that were created by someone else. That is partly why some people share information with me, because I don’t share it with others whether it is public or private. If an author decides to repost his work here, that is their decision not mine. If they don’t repost, I won’t go behind their back and do it just because it was publicly available on another website. Most of those GR bots are dated and garbage. Most people I know have moved onto other APIs than GWA2/GWapi. They might repost an older bot, but chances they did not keep it on their computers.
I dont actually buy your reasoning behind not wanting to share anything.
GR was a publicly accessable website, people who uploaded their stuff there wanted it to be on there and avalible for "everyone" who visted that site to download.
The creaters of those bots, did not take the website down, and most would probably be sad about it (and even reupload their work here, if they werent inactive in the community for years)
Alot of the GR uploads (90%+) were made by people who just didnt visit GR anymore.
They might not know the website is down, and they might not have their old work anymore.
I dont know with how many people you are still in contact from there, but nobody ever took their GR downloads down, so i really dont think people want that info to become private.
We could discuss this for hours, but you dont have to upload it here, i can respect that some people on GR maybe didnt like this website.
But you seem to enjoy the suffering of people who "missed out" on downloading it, and thats something i really dont understand. (i personally really like every single person who still plays and bots guild wars 1 and i enjoy talking with them alot and sharing experiences and information)

gr was full of gwa2 bots, yeah there were alot of outdated ones aswell, but i would estimate it at 30/70 or even 50/50 , so there was still a good portion of useful working stuff on there.

I actually do also remember that u were talking down to newbies on GR (who didnt understand everything, or wanted to get into botting)
and u also were reluctant to share your work/knowledge on there. (you do share, but only with people who "deserve" it from your point of view :P )
So i already expected you not wanting to help in maintaining the great botting database GR created for ALL of us in the first place.

I really dont get why you are so against the idea, i assume you got some bad experience with other botters from the past.

You are one of the most knowledgable guys in all of the botting community,
Im just sad to see you keeping to yourself.

I just really hoped we as a community could maintain the GR information, but it seems like i will be alone there...

I feel abit sad that u seem to have all that I am looking for (Did u copy the entire GR data? Even if u wont share it, atleast its out there somewhere then)
Im overall also very happy to see you still active in the scene.

Like i said above, u are probably one of the most respected guys i remember from GR, that what confuses me even more on your stance.
(it seems like we are the few people who still care about this game)

I know I fucked up by not copying it all myself as it was still up.
But I cant change that anymore
(im happy with my current collection, im just really neurotic and would like to preserve it all)
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/22/2018, 00:55   #12

if GR bots were meant to stay public then 2009-2010 GWCA would still be the most popular botting API, and GWA2 may have never existed

here is the common evolution of a GR member.

1. leeches bots
2. wants to make their own farms to be less detectable, wants to contribute back, or wants stuff in hooded/upperground, whatever it is they release a bot thats mostly copied from other src
3. they learn to make their own bot from scratch
4. they get hooded ground
5. they start to make their **** private and start ******** on other leechers

the knowledge is still out there if you even know what yur looking for other than specific bots that other ppl already wrote, learn to write your own like we all did, by studying already made bots and improving each time

if you actually want to learn to make your own **** and ask the right questions, they will help, if you just ask for **** they will **** on you back

******* ive made too many posts like this
Thanks
5 Users