Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Guild Wars
You last visited: Today at 23:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Reset function

Discussion on Reset function within the Guild Wars forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Reset function

Hey I've recently been working on a script for a particular run and I've noticed it seems to be getting stuck in certain places and not resetting itself. I don't have a reset function, and I was wondering if there was one I could add? I could fix the path where it goes in each of these spots, but I figured having a part in the code for it to just reset back to the beginning if it's been sitting for like 5 minutes would help a lot more. Thanks in advance if anybody has any ideas!
Old 07/04/2020, 06:12   #2

elite*gold: 0
You should post the code, otherwise it will be quite difficult to help you. You could add an infinity check to your MoveTo function:

Code:
function Lib_MoveTo(x, y)
	MoveTo(x, y)
	loopFixer = 0
	while (TargetDistance(x, y) > 100) do
		Sleep(100)
		loopFixer = loopFixer + 1
		if (loopFixer == 300) then --wait 30 seconds for infinity check
			if (PlayerXMovementSpeed() == 0) then
				return 1
			end
		end
	end
        return 0
end
This would abort the Lib_MoveTo command if your character still stands still after 30 seconds. Just check if Lib_MoveTo returns 0 (success) or 1 (fail) and add a routine that travels back to town and restarts the run or something like that. Not very "clean" but simple and should do the trick most of the time.
Thanks
1 User