Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Guild Wars
You last visited: Today at 18:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Checking if my account is linked

Discussion on Checking if my account is linked within the Guild Wars forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Checking if my account is linked

Hi guys,

I was wondering something. I have an account that was never linked to a gw2 account. But when I go on the HOM calcuator, it tells me that my account is linked and rewards me of the 3 points. Is there something done automatically or is my account really linked even thougt I've never done it ?
Old 06/20/2020, 18:39   #2

elite*gold: 0
@
there isn't anything automatic the only way to link a Guild Wars 1 account to 2 is to make a Guild Wars 2 account at official site, login and there is an option to link a Guild Wars 1 account, then you put the email of the original account and they send a confirmation to accept, so you need to login to email too,

are you sure that you never gave the account to a friend ? cause if your account hacked they had your email pass too, and if they wanted to change the pass they could do it just with email and inside the Guild Wars client,
but after some point they removed that option to change password from the client (you could do it at the login screen in options down at the right),
that's why probably they linked the account to a Guild Wars 2 acc so they can change password but probably they had your email too,
also are you sure that the name you check at calculator is your character ? maybe you remember a random name and you checking wrong acc ? or you deleted the character and someone else got it ?

anyway always but always use different passwords on between game acc and email.