Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Guild Wars
You last visited: Today at 23:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to be safe while botting?

Discussion on How to be safe while botting? within the Guild Wars forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How to be safe while botting?

Hey everyone, I was wondering what you guys all used to stay safe and anonymous while botting with multiple accounts.

I found an article () that states it would be best to use a proxy for multiple accounts since each proxy will have its own IP address as opposed to a VPN which acts as a single IP address. On the other hand.... proxies are probably going to be more expensive (depending on how many you get).

Does anyone have any recommendations on whether to use a VPN or proxy? Also, do you pay for them or are there free ones out there that are worth it?

Since a VPN only masks a single IP address, does that mean that they can still ban every single account you have botting on that IP?

This leads me to my next question, how can you safely play on your main on the same PC that you are botting multiple accounts with? I am thinking the only way would be to stop all the bots while you're playing on your main. It would be nice to be able to bot while I am playing but if that's not possible then forget about it. Does anyone else have any ideas or theories?

I was recently banned on all of my accounts except for 1 and I am wondering if ANET left that unbanned on purpose so that they can monitor it for any suspicious play going forward (kind of like a flagged IP address). Would this mean that my IP address will always be flagged going forward?

My theory is I am 90% sure the reason I was banned/caught is because someone saw me in the outpost and reported me. I don't think they were able to report all of my accounts so they reported at least one account. ANET performed an IP ban and caught all the other accounts except one. Either they left the one on purpose so they can monitor it for any other suspicious activity, or it was disconnected and didn't get caught in the IP ban. I am hoping it is the latter though. The bot I use and the place I bot at is private and I do not go in and out of any outpost often, only when I initially start the bot up. I bought and created a new account on the same IP address I got caught on and it has not been banned yet. The other account that didn't get banned originally has not been banned yet either. I would suspect that eventually any account that is played on with my IP address where all the other accounts got banned, will soon get banned as well. Does anyone have any input or experience on getting banned but then coming back with new accounts?

I am currently using TunnelBear and botting on a single account and so far so good. Tomorrow I might try and bot on this account without using TunnelBear to test. Obviously would like to figure out another solution as I am only allowed a certain amount of bandwidth per month on TunnelBear.

I also found this from another post on here and it was part of RiflemanX's comment:

Please be careful. Here are a few basic tips:

- Use a VPN
- Never bot with your main
- Use bots that district hop after each run
- Set your character to offline status when botting
- Avoid chatting in-game about botting. Do not even type the word in chat.
- Avoid bots with short cycle time for their script (like Peacekeeper farm from ToA)
- Avoid bots with glitchy bot behavior (like stacking up on Talkano at JQ when Zkeys max)
- Try not to bot for extended periods of time without a break, especially 12hrs+
- Avoid using bot spamming scripts in Kamadan Trade Chat
- Never post a screenshot publicly with your character name
- Never post any character information on social media or youtube etc.
- Bot heavy on the weekends and holidays and light during the work week when all devs are at work at anet spying on you (nothing but love and respect for you Bill & Stephen)
- Use bots that stay away from outposts and bot outside for long periods before returning to ID/Merch etc.
- When making trades and transfers of high value always trade something. Do not just put a large fortune in trade window and transfer to your alt without offering something in return.
(Some people even go outside and drop trades on ground)
- Keep your wealth on a different account that was registered with a different IP address (Create an account over at your friends house)

I would like to make this a collaborative effort since I imagine everyone on this site bots, so I think we should all help each other out. There is a bunch of random forums and information out there and want to get all the information put into one forum if possible and for Guild Wars specifically. Any details you guys may have would be much appreciated.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/12/2020, 21:10   #2

elite*gold: 0
Interesting stuff.. I baleave tunnel bear only affect's browser ip. Or at least wen I tested it back in the day.

I came here after seeing your post on my topic
Hers a more active thread I came across