Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 13:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

another crafting guide [ENG]

Discussion on another crafting guide [ENG] within the General Gaming Discussion forum part of the General Gaming category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,758
Hello fellow crafters, I have gone around the net, gathered as much information as possible for people of the same kindred spirit. Below is the gathered information of many different people and I owe it to them for helping me to my Guide. So please read, enjoy and I hope it helps you all with the crafting experience.

As you start out in EQ2, anyone of any class can be a successful crafter, regardless of race or stats or starting city. However, many ask, "What's the best crafter class?" Well, here's my own opinion, and find something that complements what you are trying to accomplish with your character. There are pros and cons to all 4 different types of adventure classes, but that is what makes the best flavor of the game.

Once you get to the Island of Refuge and head over to the tower in the middle of the town. It's a small dark tower with a mage-like NPC on the bottom floor who will be your first Artisan trainer. He will guide you through a quest of cleaning up his shop, and then afterwards, he will have a crafting quest for you to do.

(Note: it's a good idea to go to a blank hotkey row by clicking the up or down arrow on your hotkey row, then place all the various icons found in the knowledge book which can be accessed by hitting the ?K? key. These icons will show randomly in the bottom of the crafting window as you craft. This means you must find the same icon and press it before the next cycle of the crafting machine or you will have adverse reactions from slowing down the production of the item to even death. There are normally around four used for each type of crafting that you will do. As you gain in levels you will get things that allow you to buff yourself or actions you do to assist in the crafting process.)

(Note: The fuel item depends on the crafting station you are using. Right now they are as follows:
Forge: Coal
Loom: Fiber
Chemistry Table: Candles
Work Bench: Coal
Sawhorse: Sandpaper
Engraved Desk: Incense
Stove/Keg: Coal
You can also right click on them to find out also.)

Go through all his quests and you should end up level 4 artisan or just short of it. You could buy the books up to level 4 at the local vendor who stands within line of sight of the door to the tower or you could wait till you get to your home city. You may have to go out and kill a few mobs or do a few adventurer quests for the cash, but don't worry it comes quick. You can stay on the island and grind out the experience it takes to get to level up, but I suggest heading to your main city and grind out from there.

As you should have noticed quality is determined randomly by the game. You will see the progress bar on the top of the craft window. The top bar is how much of a chance you still have in making the item (it decreases as you progress through the creation process), the blue bar below that shows the completed progress. Once it hits the end, you are finished. During that time that the blue line is filling up, you will see anywhere from one to four set of similar bars below? They will each have a variation of the type of item you're making from crude, to shaped, to the regular item name, and even sometimes a "?" showing a "surprise version" which is normally pristine. These bars will decrease as you progress. The better your skill is the less you fail, and the more chance you have at making a better quality item. You won?t need to worry about quality at all until you're much higher, but I've experienced it just so you know how it all works. For now, anything you make you'll either sell to the vendor, or those buying it won't care what the quality is.

(Note: having as much hides and tin on you gathered on the Island is a great idea, will save you money and will be needed in the future)

First thing you need to do is simply find the local crafting workshop. One is found in each suburb of your town. You can use (alt w) to find a waypoint to the entrance or simply look for a cellar door in most local center areas of the zone. Some zones do keep them near venders it seems, so that's a great place to look first.

Zone in and you will find a 4-level "dungeon" of multiple craft stations. Each "crafting dungeon" is the same. There's an NPC vendor who sells you all you will need to grind up the levels as an artisan.

(Note: I don't mean that this is all you will ever need to make all items, just stuff to grind on).

I suggest first things first. You need inventory space, so let?s make 6 slot bags. These bags sell well and everyone will want them. I suggest making enough to fill your bank up and your inventory. This will give you the space that you will need to gather and store at the lower levels.

To start, buy stacks of 20 from the NPC of:

Shaped Vial of Chloro Oils - 2s 40c
Shaped Stretch of Rawhide Leather - 3s 40c
Filaments - 1s 20c

(Note: The Vial of Chloro Oils could have been made by you if you wish and the hides that you gathered on the island could work here as well to save money but not time)

This will make you 20 rawhide plates which are the only ingredients you craft to build a small bag. This item is known as refined items, which are used in interim or finished products. Make the plates, it doesn't matter what quality they come out as for the bags.
Now that we have 20 rawhide plates made, we need the ingredients for the 20 small bags.

You're hopefully level 5 by now. If you're not, you can make more rawhide plates, or make some of the other ingredients such as a tin buckle which will be used in the bags as well.

1 Fossile Temper
1 Shaped Tin Bar
1 Charcoal

(Note: The Vial of Fossile Temper could have been made by you if you wish and the Tin Clusters that you gathered on the island could work here as well to save money but not time)

Even though I usually buy a buckle at the beginning, these things are nice to grind out beginning experience. If they are an even con to you, then you should be getting around 2-3% experience per combine. Remember that quality is not important here so after you have a crude item you can hit stop and get the full experience. Yes that is right, I have not noticed a difference in experience from crude to a pristine item, not saying that there isn?t but I have not noticed it.

After you're level 5 and have scribed your new recipes it is time to make your small bags.

A small bag takes:

1 Rawhide Plate
1 Tin Buckle
1 Rawhide Cord
1 Filament

You can make a buckle, and rawhide cord and you'd save some coin, but for time's sake, I usually buy all the ingredients that I can unless you were grinding on them to level.

Once you have stacks of 20 of the 4 items you need, you can just start making all 20 packs. This will fill your 6 slots (just destroy any old 4 slot packs you may have bought from the NPC). Then, take the rest and fill your bank slots. You can also sell them for up to 5s each which will go as fast.

You should be near or past level 6 by now. At level 6 you can really start making money. Bags are great for money, but you can only carry 6 plus another in your overflow spot (this is a space where loot goes if you don?t have room for everything). At level 6 you get a bunch of new items to include a list of apprentice III spells and skill upgrades. These sell as fast as you can make them for 3sp each. These take a few refined items that you will have to make. In my opinion it isn?t worth it unless a Guild mate needs it you have an over whelming demand for them. They are very time consuming for 3 silver. As you get to level 7 and 8 you will get more of them. But they are only level 6, so experience does come slower with them, and as before they are time consuming for money and experience.

Once you get a nice chunk of cash you can start making some weapons to change pace and get faster experience. There are other items to grind out on, but I am going to use these as examples. Most weapons take tin edges to make which are a level 4 item. A good way is to offer to pay 6 sp a 20 stack of tin edges to new players in the crafting dungeon with you. This is the exact cost to make them but will get them through level 4 and even level 5 or 6 for free. If all else fails, you still get the experience but making them takes extra time. Once you get a 20 stack of tin edges you can go ahead and make weapons:

Level 5 you can make: Sub-components like a tin shod, which you may also need on the next level for spears.
Level 6 you can make: Tin spears or battle axes or short swords.
Level 7 you can make: Tin Rapiers
Level 8 you can make: Many items, but I made Tin Tulwar which is a scimitar-looking 2 handed sword. I made it because I could sell them back to the vendor for almost the same cost it took to make.

(Note: The weapons are simply for grinding. They aren't good enough to sell, but it's a change of pace. You can easily translate all this into all the different crafts, armor craft, carpentry, etc. Each can be done at this level and each have "grind items". The best ones for time and coin are the ones that do not take other crafted item to make, unless you have ready access to them for grinding.)

Once you get to 9, you have a whole new list of items. At level 9 you will want to make Rawhide Leather Tunics. They actually give you 53 copper back above what they cost to make when you sell them to vendors. So, you actually turn a profit while learning, isn?t that nice.

(Note: make sure at each level you buy an artisan book for that level from the NPC. You can buy them from adventurers as well for extra rare recipes, but the ones you want more are the ones from the vendors.)

You also get into a new area of crafting. You can now make Adept 3 spells/skill upgrades which sell for quite a bit, only there's a catch. You have to make Cochenial Ink which can only be made with Cochenial Dye. That takes Dinoid reagents that require an ingredient that you can only find harvesting rocks found all over the ground in EQ2. They are rare, so don't be surprised if you don't find a bunch. I did find some in level 15ish+ areas of the common lands, but not very often.

Anyone can loot this stuff, so you adventurers out there that are smart enough to read these guides, loot up resources as you run around and create your own market of trading resources for crafted items. Learn all the rare resources and collect them. Harvesting materials as you travel the world will become second nature to artisans and smart adventures. Moving your cursor over item's that can be harvested will make the item turn bluish grey, easily identifying which items are just part of the scenery and which you should stop to harvest. The actual harvesting is as simple as double clicking on the object, and takes only a few seconds. Some parts of the world are rich in material; those hunted most by new players have seemed full of things to harvest.

(Note: Here is a quick list of them as I know:
Level 1-9 Rares:

Alder (wood), Yarrow (root), Bronze (metal), Lapis Lazuli (gemstone), Copper (metal, but I have never seen one of these)

Level 10-19 Rares:

Bone (wood), Sisal Root (root), Blackened Iron (metal), Coral (gemstone), Silver Ore (metal))

By now you know the some of the ins and outs of Crafting in EQ2. As you get past 9, you will be able to pick a class, to be a crafter of your choice, with many new opportunities to craft and aid in the development of the EQ2 economy. Eventually, at level 20, you get to specialize and make amazing items in whatever area of crafting you choose.

Now a FAQ that will help answer some of your questions:

How do I get started crafting?

Open up your recipe window, right click a recipe and see what is required to make the item. Find a trade skill instance, buy the stuff you need from the vendor there then go to the appropriate crafting station as listed in the recipe. Double click the crafting station and choose the recipe you would like to use, then click the create button.

Where can I craft?

There are instanced crafting zones in the Freeport and Qeynos suburban areas... These will hold a max of 24 players. The isle of refuge has one of these crafting zones, it is in the tower, but is instanced for one player at a time.

Where do I buy crafting supplies?

Trade skill instanced zones have an NPC wholesaler merchant that sells low quality crafting supplies good for grinding.

What do the bars mean?

The top bar represents the total overall quality of the item you are crafting. Once the bar reaches the first tic mark from the right, it will decrease in quality by one. If the bar decreases to the second tic mark it will decrease in quality again. If the bar is completely diminished you will fail. Failing causes you to lose the fuel item, but you will get to keep the rest of your components.

The bottom bar represents the progress you have made towards making a complete item. Once this bar is full, the item is finished.

Crafting is kind of boring just watching the numbers go up and down. (New)
Crafters have their own abilities much like combat arts and spells. They can use the abilities to augment their trade skill process for the better.

What do the icons at the bottom part of the screen mean?

The boxes in the bottom portion of the screen indicate each quality level possible for the item being made (you should see one icon for each possible quality level).

As the item becomes more complete the current quality icon will be highlighted. These are represented by tic marks in the top bars, marking the beginning and end of each quality "zone". The bars next to these icons are simply a blown up version of what is happening in the main bars within these zones. When max quality has decreased enough so that the highest quality is no longer possible, the icon representing it will be removed. The highest quality icon will not be reached until the blue progress bar is full (item complete).

What are crafting events and how do I use my crafting arts?

The special events are a random occurrence during your trade skill process. You will have to the end of that round to use the correct reactive art. If you don't use the correct reactive art or hit the wrong reactive art bad things will happen to you. These will range from automatically failing your next round to taking damage (and yes this can kill you). The good thing though is if you do succeed in using the correct reactive art you will gain a bonus. You might automatically succeed that round or gain a small bonus to your progress. These will help with the monotonous feeling that people are experiencing with just watching the numbers go by.

The trade skill arts are purely beneficial to the Artisan. There are Multi round arts and then there are single round arts. They will do things like lower the durability loss per round while hampering some of your progress. You can also gaining more progress at the cost of a little more durability. This ratio?s are always in the favor of the player.

All of these things should allow you to increase what state you can bring the item to. And speed up the trade skill process a bit.

Which reactions go to what and things that you've suggested that I'll be implementing?
Day Dreaming = Snap Out
Mislabeled Materials = Work With It
Bad Measurement= Readjust
Noisy Distraction = Block Hearing
Wong Ingredients = Positive Backlash
Loss of Concentration = Regain Composure

A little clarification all of the power/health costs or damages are done on a % of your total pool. So it shouldn't matter if you are a level 50 Berserker or a level 6 Fighter.

I keep taking damage from the world devices. (New)
Randomly while crafting special events will arise. You will need to use the proper reaction to counter this special event before the trade skill round is over.

What happens when I cancel the crafting process?

When you stop the crafting process it will give you the item in the state that you currently are in. So if you have progressed far enough in the process to have the Shaped Tin Long Sword highlighted then if you stop the process then it'll give you that item. If you stop the process before you have reached any state it will give you your primary component back but destroy the cost and fuel components used in the recipe.

What item gives me the most xp?

Higher difficulty items will now give more XP than lower level items. It also appears that higher quality crafted items give more XP.

There are a few multipliers for giving you experience. The following things all affect the amount of experience that you gain from the recipe. The con of the recipe, Rarity of the items that you?re working with, the state effects that you bring the recipe to, and they type of recipe (refine, interim, or finished). So the best experience that you could get would be making a red con/rare item/pristine/finished item.

What kind of recipe gives me the most experience? (New)
There are a few factors that contribute to how much experience that you get at the end of a recipe. They are level of the recipe, what quality you bring the recipe to, how rare of a resource you are working with, and what kind of recipe it is. To experience a little more what each are:
Level: The displayed level of the recipe vs. your trade skill level.
Rarity of Resource: There are many different types of resources that are in the game. Some you'll find less than others. Those are considered rare materials.
Quality: While crafting an item you'll notice that there are different boxes each of the boxes represent different quality that you can bring the item to, the lower on the list that you get the better.
Kind of Recipe: Listing for worst to best experience would be Refine, Interim, and Finish.

How do I tell how high the quality of an item is?

The items title will reflect the quality of the item. High quality items may give stat bonuses.

These are the item quality titles as far as I know right now in the order given:
Malformed - lowest - can be reused in the first component slot
Crude - very low
Shaped - low
(No title) - Average
Pristine - high

How can I make better quality items?

Make your own components, or have another player make them for you. The combined qualities of the components directly affect the highest quality possible for the item you are crafting (see "What do the bars mean?").

When can I make useful items?

You can begin making 6-slot bags at level 5, and weapons and armor at level 6.

I only have two recipes in my book how do I get more? (New)
Additional recipes are sold on vendors throughout the lands. They will sell books according to your level and your class or subclass choice. The volume of the recipe book will correlate to your level.

What do recipe books do and how do I use them?

Until you hit level 10 you may right click and select "scribe" to learn the recipes contained in these items. You may only learn recipes if you are equal or greater artisan level than the recipe book. Wholesalers sell recipe books that you should always buy once you attain the level required to learn them (otherwise you will have nothing new to craft). After level 10 you may only use recipe books that fit your chosen crafting profession. Up until level 10 there are two books per level that I know of, after that I do not know.

The books that are dropped off of NPC's in the world are the recipes to make items out of the rarer components in the game.

Where do I find recipe books?

Recipe books drop as chest loot from many mobs. They can typically be found in zones of the same level as the recipe book. Trade skill instance vendors sell basic recipe books which I recommend you buy and scribe each time you level.

What recipe books drop as loot for?

This is a FAQ to help you get started, not a spoiler guide.

What kind of fuel component do I need to make (insert item name here)?

The fuel item depends on the crafting station you are using.

Right now they are as follows:
Forge: Coal
Loom: Fiber
Chemistry Table: Candles
Work Bench: Coal
Sawhorse: Sandpaper
Engraved Desk: Incense
Stove: (don't know yet)
Keg: (don't know yet)

You can also right click on them to find out.

Where can I harvest fuel components?

You can't. They are only available on wholesalers right now.

What do I use (insert resource/loot name) for? It says I can refine it.

I have been unable to find uses for many of these items, but full descriptions are on the way. Some of the ones I know of are blood which may be used as a liquid, tuber strands that can be used in slots which require "plants" and of course pelts and hides which are used to make leather. Roots are used for many chemistry items and thread. Ore is used to make bars (tin ore makes a tin bar). Salts may also be used to make tin bars, so I hear. Others are rarer and used for to make special crafted items like Adept 3 scrolls and such.

I am not a crafter, but I have all these resources I harvested. Which should I keep and which will crafters buy?

Right now you can probably find a lot of crafters willing to buy roots, ores, blood, wood, pelts, and the rare components such as bronze, yarrow, alder wood, and lapis lazuli.

The wholesaler doesn't sell the resource/component I need to make this item! What do I do?

Chances are this item uses harvested resources or a rare component. You may either go find them yourself by collecting resources, or buy them from adventurers.

I have recipes for these components but I can't seem to find any of them. (New)
Some components are rarer than others. You might not be able to find a steady supply of them but they are worth your time to make something out of them.

How do I go about getting the resources needed for trade skills? (New)
You can gather resources in the world by using harvestable objects. They will look like items on the ground which you then use your appropriate harvesting ability on.

Where do I find rare resources?

Yarrow, lapis lazuli and bronze may be found in the Newbie zones. Yarrow comes from roots; Lapis Lazuli and Bronze come from mineral deposits. Level 10-20 resources may be found scattered around Common lands and Antonia.

I am interested in updating my skills with skill scrolls, what level crafting do I need to make these?

All pre-level 10 skills can be crafted with pre-level 10 crafting skills. These scrolls will give an apprentice 3 level with normal resources, but closer to level 10 you will be able to make Adept 3 with rare resources (if you have found the proper recipe book).

Where do Trade skills fit in to the scheme of items in the game? (New)
Trade skills play a large role in the game. The common components that you find can be used to make items better than store bought components. The rarer resources that you find will be generally better than most quest and drops that you find. The ultra rare resources make some of the best items in the game.

How do crafted goods compare with loot drops and vendor goods?

Unless you are several levels above the level of the item you are crafting, they don't compare too well. Many quest items (I suspect) are better than crafted items of the same level, but crafters will definitely be making better stuff than what vendors sell once they reach high enough levels. Crafters may also make items out of rare component drops (I have yet to see one but I hear they are in) such as Hammer heads and the like.

Item rarity and where it is gathered from define how good they are: (The following list is from worst to best)
Common Dropped Items
Store Bought Items
Common Crafted Items (example things made from Tin/Roots/Elm)
Common Quest Rewards
Uncommon Dropped Items
Uncommon Quest Reward
Uncommon Crafted Items (example things made from Lapis Lazuli/Bronze/Alder)
Rare/Long Quest Rewards
Rare Dropped Items
Rare Crafted Items
Combination of Crafting/Drop/Quest

Does it take forever to grind crafting up to decent levels?

It seems to take about as long as leveling your adventuring levels. It really slows down around level 9 (and probably at 19 as well) since the items that give the most xp require more components to be made, whereas at level 10 (and probably 20) you may craft components themselves for max XP gain.

What should I do with all this stuff I just crafted?

Unless you have tons of money to pour into crafting, I would recommend selling to a merchant. If you have made any pristine components, you may want to bank them for later for making high quality items.

I plan on crafting instead of adventuring, is there any advice you can give me?

Yes, as a non-adventuring crafter you will be reliant on adventurers to supply many of the resources that you will be using, especially at higher levels, since many resource spawns cannot be seen until the adventurer has attained a high enough level.

Can all crafters always make all items?

No. Just as the adventurer?s classes, you must choose a branch to specialize in at level 10 and 20. The classes and the locations of NPC?s you must talk to may be found elsewhere in this forum. Up until level 10 all crafters make the same items (if you have all the recipe books learned).

I have passed level 10 and I can't make (insert component name) that I need! What do I do?

After level 10 many of your items require components made by other crafting classes. You will need to either settle on lower quality components found on the player vendor or find a player who can sell you these components.

I want to be a crafting god, and I want everybody to be forced to buy my items. What class should I choose?

It seems that all classes will rely equally on other crafting classes, but I don't know what each class requires for their recipes, so only time will tell. Hopefully no class will be more in demand than others. I recommend choosing a crafting class that will benefit your character the most.

I am out of bank/inventory space! What do I do?

At crafting level 5 you can make 6-slotted leather satchels. Make one for each primary inventory slot and one for each or your bank slots. You should have quite a bit more room after doing this.

How does quality affect scrolls and bags?

Right now quality on scrolls or bags doesn't matter.

What harvested items are considered rare?

After much deliberation I have decided to answer this in the FAQ. I originally felt it would be a spoiler, but the FAQ is intended to answer question so players don't have to waste their time in-game to answer/ask. I will just list the first two tiers of metals for now.

Level 1-9 Rares:

Alder (wood), Yarrow (root), Bronze (metal), Lapis Lazuli (gemstone), Copper (metal, but I have never seen one of these)

Level 10-19 Rares:

Bone (wood), Sisal Root (root), Blackened Iron (metal), Coral (gemstone), Silver Ore (metal)

What happens when I cancel the crafting process?

Canceling the crafting process will leave you with an incomplete item. As of the time of this writing, you still get skill gain when canceling, but I have a feeling this is a bug.

A slight clarification on this if I may, when you stop the crafting process it will give you the item in the state that it is currently in. So if you have progressed far enough in the process to have the Shaped Tin Long Sword highlighted then if you stop the process then it'll give you that item. If you stop the process before you have reached any state it will give you your primary component back but destroy the cost and fuel components used in the recipe.

What item gives me the most xp?

Higher level items will now give more XP than lower level items. It also appears that higher quality crafted items give more XP (although I have not verified this).

There are a few multipliers for giving you experience. The following things all affect the amount of experience that you gain from the recipe. The con of the recipe, rarity of the items that you?re working with, the state affects that you bring the recipe to, and they type of recipe (refine, interim, or finished). So the best experience that you could get would be making a red con/rare item/pristine/finished item.

How do crafted goods compare with loot drops and vendor goods?

Unless you are several levels above the level of the item you are crafting, they don't compare too well. Many quest items (I suspect) are better than crafted items of the same level, but crafters will definitely be making better stuff than what vendors sell once they reach high enough levels. Crafters may also make items out of rare component drops (I have yet to see one but I hear they are in) such as Hammer heads and the like.

Item rarity and where it is gathered from define how good they are: (The following list is from worst to best)
Common Dropped Items
Store Bought Items
Common Crafted Items (example things made from Tin/Roots/Elm)
Common Quest Rewards
Uncommon Dropped Items
Uncommon Quest Reward
Uncommon Crafted Items (example things made from Lapis Lazuli/Bronze/Alder)
Rare/Long Quest Rewards
Rare Dropped Items
Rare Crafted Items
Combination of Crafting/Drop/Quest
Ben
Does it take forever to grind crafting up to decent levels?

It seems to take about as long as leveling your adventuring levels. It really slows down around level 9 (and probably at 19 as well) since the items that give the most xp require more components to be made, whereas at level 10 (and probably 20) you may craft components themselves for max XP gain.

Note pre level 10 it doesn?t seam to be worth the extra time to make anything above crude. At 12 and 13 I noticed an improvement by taking it to shaped (which means base needed to be named as I usually lose at least one level of quality)

I experience this pattern to hold true for 20 + I just got 19 outfitter

How can I make better quality items?

Make your own components, or have another player make them for you. The combined quality of the components directly affects the highest quality possible for the item you are crafting (see "What do the bars mean?").

The primary component affects what the item can be taken to so if you have a pristine or raw item you can make a pristine combine.

The base components affect the seed that you get for the random number generator (or at least it seams that way due to the experimentation I have done) the better you base items are the better skill rolls I have experience. When it used to show numbers in the bars it also affected the total number of endurance your combine had do having all pristine made it much more possible to make a pristine item then if you had a pristine primary and shaped base items.

I have also noticed that my failures seam to be less devastating but I could be mistaken on that

Question:
I was working on the chemistry table yesterday. I noticed that I was only getting 1% experience on a blue recipe no matter what the results where shaped or normal. When I was working on sewing doing a white coned recipe, I got 3% experience for shaped and 6% for normal. Is this right or is there something still messed up with the chemistry table?

Answer:
There are different rates for XP for the different types of objects (stages) you can make. You will get the lowest XP for any Item that is called a "Refine" step. (All recopies at the chemistry table) you will gain more XP for items that are "Interim" and even more XP for a "final combine". The amount of XP is also linked to the quality of the Item you produce, the difficulty of the item and the quality of the secondary components.

What kind of recipe gives me the most experience?
There are a few factors that contribute to how much experience that you get at the end of a recipe. They are level of the recipe, what quality you bring the recipe to, how rare of a resource you are working with, and what kind of recipe it is. To experience a little more what each are:
Level: The displayed level of the recipe vs. your trade skill level.
Rarity of Resource: There are many different types of resources that are in the game. Some you'll find less than others. Those are considered rare materials.
Quality: While crafting an item you'll notice that there are different boxes each of the boxes represent different quality that you can bring the item to, the lower on the list that you get the better.
Kind of Recipe: Listing for worst to best experience would be Refine, Interim, and Finish.

What do all of these books do?
The books that are dropped off of NPC's in the world are the recipes to make items out of the rarer components in the game.
I have recipes for these components but I can't seem to find any of them.
Some components are rarer than others. You might not be able to find a steady supply of them but they are worth your time to make something out of them.
Where do Trade skills fit in to the scheme of items in the game?
Trade skills play a large role in the game. The common components that you find can be used to make items better than store bought components. The rarer resources that you find will be generally better than most quest and drops that you find. The ultra rare resources make some of the best items in the game.
How do I go about getting the resources needed for trade skills?
You can gather resources in the world by using harvestable objects. They will look like items on the ground which you then use your appropriate harvesting ability on.
Crafting is kind of boring just watching the numbers go up and down.
Crafters have their own abilities much like combat arts and spells. They can use the abilities to augment their trade skill process for the better.
I keep taking damage from the world devices.
Randomly while crafting special events will arise. You will need to use the proper reaction to counter this special event before the trade skill round is over.
I only have two recipes in my book how do I get more?
Additional recipes are sold on vendors throughout the lands. They will sell books according to your level and your class or subclass choice. The volume of the recipe book will correlate to your level.
Just got to level 10 the other night, and was wondering if anyone had any tips for me? Up till now I?ve been gathering in oakmyst/forest ruins and making what I can to gain xp (easy enough once you get going). But now after looking at my newly scribed outfitter essentials level10, the only 'even' difficulty stuff needs resources I don?t have access to. Is it time for Atonica? I?ve been trying to avoid that place for a while now (kept characters adv level at 15).

Make a ton of Iron Bars and Iron Rings while you still get god xp from them. At level 13 you will be able to make Forged Chain mail helmets and sell them to the vendor for a profit.
Old 12/20/2006, 20:26   #2

elite*gold: 0
yeah yeah ..???? i donnt know what you typed, im to lazy to read it haha
Old 01/02/2007, 15:28   #3

Thanks, really helpful
Old 01/03/2007, 15:36   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by G00dlife@Dec 20 2006, 20:26
yeah yeah ..???? i donnt know what you typed, im to lazy to read it haha
Me too, late in nite now lol