Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 07:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

GoldenEye 007 comes to Nintendo Switch 25 years after its release

Discussion on GoldenEye 007 comes to Nintendo Switch 25 years after its release within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1
Trade Restricted

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation GoldenEye 007 comes to Nintendo Switch 25 years after its release

To celebrate the 25th anniversary of GoldenEye 007, James Bond makes an unexpected return on Nintendo Switch and Xbox.

James Bond est de retour

Britain's most famous secret agent is back in action, with an unexpected remaster, 15 years after the first rumors. For the occasion, Rare and Nintendo's game will make a royal comeback, with not only a release on the Big N console, but also on Xbox consoles. Nostalgia obviously promises to thrill Bond's mythical P99, but it's in a modernized version that the spy will come out of retirement.

In addition to new controls adapted to modern controllers, GoldenEye 007 will also benefit from a 16:9 format (instead of the 4:3 of the time), and a resolution up to 4K on Xbox Series S/X consoles. As for the graphics, they will remain unchanged, as well as the story, which faithfully reproduces that of the 1995 film with Pierce Brosnan in the title role. Unlike the first remaster released in 2010 on Wii and Nintendo DS, this new GoldenEye 007 should be a real eye-opener.

As in the original game, players will have access to a campaign mode to prevent the terrible GoldenEye from wreaking havoc on the world. Several difficulty levels will be available, and cheat codes will also make a comeback. The multiplayer mode will also be part of the game, and it's in split screen that the spies in the making will be able to carry out their different missions. However, like most of the remasters, a list of achievements has also been added to make the completionists happy.

Available on Xbox Game Pass

No release date has yet been announced for the GoldenEye 007 remake. We do know, however, that the title will be available in the Nintendo 64 classic game offering of the Switch Online subscription + add-on pack, which will allow the arrival of an online multiplayer mode. On Xbox, the game will be included in the Game Pass. With 60 candles this year and a well-deserved retirement for the crown spy, the James Bond franchise still has a lot to live up to. The announcement of the new GoldenEye 007 could be made by October 5, on the occasion of James Bond Day.

Old 01/19/2023, 04:15   #2

elite*gold: 78
makes me want to buy a switch *** i miss the good ole days