Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 19:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Ascended: New MMORPG on the make

Discussion on Ascended: New MMORPG on the make within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
Ascended: New MMORPG on the make

Testsubject, studio working on this new project, and formed by gamers, has given some new information regarding their soon-to-come MMORPG game Ascended.

Just like we are used to, this game will feature 4 different factions: Fire, Water, Wind, and Earth; divided in two "countries", so that Fire and Wind are allies, while Water and Earth are their enemies.

Ascended is going to feature both, Player versus Environment (PvE) and Player versus Player (PvP) experiences, so players will definitely have something to do during their journey on the Ascended world.

"Ascended is built on a new game engine, with our own scripting, database and security. We've weighted, framed and animated everything from scratch."

These were the word of Texas, testsubject CEO during an interview with me.

"Players will be able to play with high quality visual effects without suffering from a large amount of lag or delay on the client, this is thanks to our game engine's ability to render only a certain amount around you, while the rest of the items in the scene show up as a .jpg image, until you are within range of that item."

During this interview with Texas, he has mentioned something that has caught my attention, and I'll quote on it:

"Players will also have the ability to directly influence the direction of the game in some aspects. Every few months we will take information that players directly have shown through gameplay or the forums and put it into the game as a quest or storyline. Players may go onto the forums and create fan fiction stories based off of the character they intend to play once the game is launched."

You can find a sample of the Ascended-based Comic Book in the video below:

It was also added that, if a player presents a great storyline while developers are in the process of creating some of the quest lines for the game, they will even add that storyline to the game itself, making players become even creators of the mere story of the game.

You can go to Ascended website for more information; and here, I'll leave the demo of the game:

And the kickstarter trailer:

What do you think about this game so far?
Attached Thumbnails
Ascended: New MMORPG on the make-logo.png  
Thanks
14 Users
Old 05/12/2013, 02:08   #2

elite*gold: 0
We will be making up-to-date videos to keep all informed. Hope you all enjoy the play and we are working as fast as we can to get it out to you.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/12/2013, 12:34   #3

Really nice. I can't wait untill this is released.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/12/2013, 17:43   #4

Looks promising other than a few questionable models I saw but I am sure that will be changed. I will definitely keep my eye on this.
Old 05/12/2013, 20:19   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidDeath View Post
Looks promising other than a few questionable models I saw but I am sure that will be changed. I will definitely keep my eye on this.
Yes next video that shows the animations for game will show our characters we are using for final product. We will be posting that in two weeks.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/13/2013, 00:54   #6

elite*gold: 6851
The Black Market: 186/0/0
Received Thanks: 11,067
Quote:
while the rest of the items in the scene show up as a .jpg image, until you are within range of that item
Quote:
"Players will also have the ability to directly influence the direction of the game in some aspects. Every few months we will take information that players directly have shown through gameplay or the forums and put it into the game as a quest or storyline. Players may go onto the forums and create fan fiction stories based off of the character they intend to play once the game is launched."
Both ideas sound great.

The homepage itself looks a bit unprofessional, I hope that will change in the upcoming future.

Looking forward to see some gameplay.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/13/2013, 01:36   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid View Post
Both ideas sound great.

The homepage itself looks a bit unprofessional, I hope that will change in the upcoming future.

Looking forward to see some gameplay.
If you have a better idea by all means share it with us. We are small team doing everything our selfs and don't mind ideas and help.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/13/2013, 17:20   #8

definitely will try this game
Old 05/13/2013, 18:58   #9

elite*gold: 6851
The Black Market: 186/0/0
Received Thanks: 11,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by GmBanHammer View Post
If you have a better idea by all means share it with us. We are small team doing everything our selfs and don't mind ideas and help.
Well for example the fonts are hard to read. The background, which features the dragon looks like some game from the 90s. There should be a facebook button or something like that to make people talk about the game.

The page isn't bad at all but it looks a bit too much oldschool for my taste.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/13/2013, 19:52   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid View Post
Well for example the fonts are hard to read. The background, which features the dragon looks like some game from the 90s. There should be a facebook button or something like that to make people talk about the game.

The page isn't bad at all but it looks a bit too much oldschool for my taste.
The new interface will be in soon with Facebook ect... Maybe Friday
Also we have forums to discuss as well but it's important to get our social medians up soon.
For follow up we pushing the next video recording and game launch info Thursday.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/13/2013, 20:28   #11

This does indeed look nice, I am looking forward for a new MMORPG game! Let's see if this can tip the king of its throne! (World of Warcraft)
Old 05/19/2013, 21:20   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Fred View Post
This does indeed look nice, I am looking forward for a new MMORPG game! Let's see if this can tip the king of its throne! (World of Warcraft)
Im folowing this upcoming game for almost year...and i dont want to make it any less great but i dont think this game was made for milions of players as WoW so i wouldnt expect that.
Old 05/21/2013, 12:17   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ocean. View Post
Im folowing this upcoming game for almost year...and i dont want to make it any less great but i dont think this game was made for milions of players as WoW so i wouldnt expect that.
We never thought millions would play this game either. In saying that now that we changed game engines and the servers we posses now it is possible to do so. Again though I am not expecting that as of yet. We are about to do big launch with a movie star (we are trying to finish agreement wend) that would help. I will keep you informed after meeting tomorrow.
Old 05/29/2013, 08:39   #14

Hope this can run on my crappy pc!!!
Old 06/08/2013, 18:32   #15

Woa this is game is amazing i will wanna play
Closed Thread

Tags
ascended