Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Fortnite > Fortnite Hacks, Bots, Cheats & Exploits
You last visited: Today at 15:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to play Stretched Resolution in Fortnite

Discussion on How to play Stretched Resolution in Fortnite within the Fortnite Hacks, Bots, Cheats & Exploits forum part of the Fortnite category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 30
How to play Stretched Resolution in Fortnite

Note: Getting a custom resolution is only available for PC.

Why Play Stretched?
- Characters look bigger so it’s easier to hit them (very good for shotgun fights)
- Higher FPS
- Feels a lot smoother than 1920x1080 imo
- Helpful for people who used to play stretched in CS:GO (like me)
- Easy to get used to, I had played on 1920x1080 for months and was easily able to adjust
(Example of Stretched in Fortnite: )

How To Set Up:

*before anything, make sure you have the fullscreen option selected in Fortnite. It’s worth opening the game to check, and then closing. This will not work if it is currently set at anything other than fullscreen.*

Nvidia Settings**:**

First, go into your Nvidia Control Panel. Click on “Adjust desktop size and position”. Change the scaling mode to Full-screen and perform scaling on GPU. Check the box that says “Override the scaling mode set by games and programs”. (screenshot of settings)

If you want to make a resolution that isn’t supported by your monitor (such ass 1440x1080 on a 1920x1080 monitor), you will have to add a custom resolution to your monitor. It’s very simple, but if you are having trouble adding a custom resolution, here is a helpful video: . Here is a list of all of the stretched resolutions you can try, and the lower the res, the more fps you get. I use 1440x1080, and I had to make a custom resolution.

- 1024x768 Stretched
- 1280x960 Stretched
- 1280x1024 Stretched
- 1440x1080 Stretched
- 1600 x 1080 stretched

*AMD USERS* -
is a link to make a stretched resolution. The same things on the Nvidia settings apply to AMD settings.

Fortnite Config**:**

To add your custom resolution to the game, you need to change it in the fortnite config. To get to the config, press windows key+R and type in “%appdata%”. In the top of the file explorer, click back a folder to go to “AppData”. Click Local, FortniteGame, Saved, Config, and Windows Client.

(My Path: C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\FortniteGame\Saved\Con fig\WindowsClient)

Right click on the file called GameUserSettings, and click “edit”.

There are four things in the config that you have to change. Change the numbers of the ResolutionSizeX and Y, LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeX and Y, DesiredScreenWidth and Height, and LastUserConfirmedDesiredScreenWidth and height to your custom resolution. Sounds confusing, but it's very simple. Here are screenshots of the config with the changes highlighted, and here is a copy/paste of what mine are changed to (I used 1400x1080):

ResolutionSizeX=1400

ResolutionSizeY=1080

LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeX=1400

LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeY=1080

DesiredScreenWidth=1400

DesiredScreenHeight=1080

LastUserConfirmedDesiredScreenWidth=1400

LastUserConfirmedDesiredScreenHeight=1080

Click File and Save, and then exit out of the config. *IMPORTANT* - right click on GameUserSettings and navigate to properties. Check mark the box that says “Read Only”, and make sure to hit apply. Screenshot

Aftermath

Testing:

Open up Fortnite just as you do normally. When the game starts up, you should notice that your resolution has been changed . If at any point you want to switch back to 1920, a quick fix is to put the game on Windowed Fullscreen. A permanent fix would be to open up the config and take it off of read only. I encourage you to experiment with different resolutions and to stick with it, even if it feels strange at first.

Problems:

Sometimes, it might not work as planned. If you have any problems, close out of the game and retrace your steps. Everything has to be done right in order for this to work, so make sure you followed every step and did it correctly.

I HOPE THIS GUIDE HELPED YOU!

Old 09/15/2019, 10:38   #2

elite*gold: 137
Does this still work?
Old 09/15/2019, 11:07   #3

elite*gold: 8
The Black Market: 305/0/0
Received Thanks: 1,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortnitedisrupt View Post
Does this still work?
no it doesnt.