Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Final Fantasy XIV
You last visited: Today at 19:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

FFXIV Map and Auto-Navigation

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
Thank you for the map values.
* Restart the program a few times to see if you can get an instance of it without the lag

Are you sure the mouse is jumping and not lagging? I replaced all the code 100% for interacting with FFXIV (now support multiple accounts) and there simply shouldn't be any latent effects that cause the mouse to jump (This was due to autoit's poor implementation of keyboard commands, but i now use windows api). (incase im wrong, I need someone else to run my program!)

I have written a new program without the map for my mining point navigation and it never lags. It also saves me tons of time running between mining points When I polish it up much more I will publish it to get feedback.

I have noticed that occasionally on start up the .exe will lag. This new lag is from a new compiler I have been using. I'll have to figure out why the updated compiler causes the lag... unfortunately, the compiler gives me the ability to put in my nifty new icon. If I can't figure it out ill just toss the icon and use the old compiler.

Old   #17

I've tried multiple times. I guess the correct definition should be "lag" and not "jumping" here's another config. This is for La Noscea

[1001]
S_X=1.01010101010101
S_Y=1.01960784313725
D_X=2331.81818181818
D_Y=2853.43137254902

Old   #18

Looked into the problem. Turns out the compiler did not like 96x96 icons. Resized my icon to 48x48 and now there isnt any lag or crashing!

OP is updated with good exe.
Old   #19

It doesn't lag when I have submenu opens, i.e. click "Load" to open the route selection. But when I have it open "running" or just sitting there, it consistently slows the cursor. Everything else is fine. If I'm using just the keyboard to move the game still runs very smoothly. It is the mouse alone that is buggy.

My routes seemed to not work anymore after update. My character walks forward a bit then backwards, repeat...

Old   #20

very interesting, what you describe is specific to windows7. I have been able to reproduce the problems and will look into what could be causing it.

Pushed out a new update to all programs, and shrank all of the maps which also eliminated lag from redrawing. I also made a few cosmetic changes to the algorithms. Let me know if any problems still persist. I have verified no lag on both x64 vista and win7.
Old   #21

There is still some lag but nowhere near as bad as before, much more manageable. Mapping works fine and routes seem to be working fine at the moment. I will test more tomorrow.

Here are the config for Black Shroud:
[1201]
S_X=0.996172248803831
S_Y=1.00142180094787
D_X=2906.81339712918
D_Y=3606.39763033175

with a route from just outside Eastern Grid to Camp Tranquil:

*Update: More Routes
Camp Broken Water <-> Halatali

Uldah <-> Camp Horizon

**more routes
Humblehearth <-> Treespeak
Thanks
1 User
Old   #22

Here is a detailed Gridania map. I have enclosed the original and the detailed on. I have Ul'Dah complete. but i need to redo it.. I will post the rest when i get em done.
Attached Files
File Type: zip maps01211.zip (1.46 MB, 45 views)
Old   #23

A suggestion I have for the program. As routes accumulate it becomes really hard to scroll through the huge list of routes. Can routes potentially be saved based on the map? So if I'm in The Black Shroud, only routes in that zone shows up?

Coerthas Config

Dragonhead <-> Glory

Glory <-> Owl's Nest

*Update:
Mun Tuy Cellars Config
Old   #24

I would like to know what it looks like to other ppl when i m running with the bot. I am getting random pokes from people i dont know. Anyone wanna create a dummy character on a mutual server and test this?
Old   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trubass View Post
I would like to know what it looks like to other ppl when i m running with the bot. I am getting random pokes from people i dont know. Anyone wanna create a dummy character on a mutual server and test this?
Just ran behind my character on a trip from market wards to crafting guild. At least that route looks 100% natural (others probably do too).

You have to remember that SE sends an update of the characters position to all other games about every 1-2 seconds, so they get a pretty smooth interpolated view of what you see.

***I attached the new radar and and route maker, as well as instructions for making your old routes workable with the new programs in the OP.***
Thanks
1 User
Old   #26

I have my mule following me when using it. I can say that it looks 100% normal to others as well.
Old   #27

1. I have had to go in and manually adjust coordinates to avoid a blockage. It would make it easier to fine tune routes if you can somehow show what the next point of destinantion is. the number of instruction perhaps.

2. I have noticed that La Nocsea needs to have the coordinates redid. They are pretty inacurate at some places on the map, is that gonna mess with my routes if i change the alignment?

3. going back to number one. This may be way to dificult or not even possible. But to give you the idea. When u load a route, have the route outlined on the radar, to show its course u are about to take. If you are really good. Have that line adjustable with drag and drop.

edit: fixed typos
Oh and nice addition with the map codes Well done ^^
Old   #28

1) I have considered doing this, however the bot already has a bottleneck with loading the maps, so to load the entire route ontop of the map may be too much and will bring back the lag issues.
When I crack the NPC structure I'll be loading the mobs around you onto the map, so eventually will be implementing something similar (I have a very good hunch that a pattern i noticed earlier is finally what im looking for, but just havent had time to write a program to verify it. I am working on the mining bot in most of my freetime so will not get this operational anytime soon)

2) redoing coordinates will not affect the routes, the routes are done off of POS values which are 100% accurate. The map is drawn off of a POS to pixel conversion, which is what the mapconfig.ini is for.

3) drag and drop is doable, but i am swamped with career responsibilities right now and do not see myself tackling the problem anytime soon.
Old   #29

Handy game experience enhancing tool

Feature recommendation: route linking.

Then I can just link up multiple smaller routes to run the globe. If this exists in the tool today then please forgive me as I checked the forum for comments and did not see it as an obvious option.
Old   #30

It exists in the yet unreleased mining bot already, perhaps I will implement something similar in this tool. Just in case anyone is wondering I also have implemented a tool that find where routes intersect to create more routes (turns two intersecting routes into 4 routes, then rescans all routes for new intersections, and so on. only problem is on the 3rd or fourth iteration it begins to take upwards of an hour to scan routes as it generates so many), but as with route linking this was programmed specifically for mining.