Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Warning] TRIG

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Exclamation [Warning] TRIG

hey all,

we have thought that it would be best to give EVERYONE a friendly heads up that we have banned this play and we have a eye out for him re entering us but anyway ...

ingame names: TRIG, KOS

account name: handytool

IP: (hes on a dynamic ip which changes daily)

Code:
this is just a little bit of the range

this player will go onto your server .... find players which will freely let him borrow high stars ... usually he will use his status on the LV eo server to get friends which will allow this.

once he has a decent pot he will hunt on ALL of you new players and push them away!

we have lost a heap of our players before we worked it out

he will also try to gain control of your db trying to tell you that you that something is wrong and hes the "only one" that can fix it ...

basically i don't really want anyone here to have to put up with his **** that he brings your server .... he loves to pick on noobs and even more the noobs which donate!

Hio77

Thanks
10 Users
Old   #2

ty for the warning and i will ban him from my server if i see him on it

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #3

elite*gold: 0
run query everyday
ban him everyday..
Code:
delete from account where id = 'handytool';
delete from cq_user where name = 'trig';
delete from cq_user where name = 'kos';
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #4

wow this guy must not have a life

Old   #5

Finally

This player has been on a number of pservers that I have been on and he is frankly a pain. I do not know why he bothers even playing for he does not work for his position. Anytime I have been a new player on a server with him his soul purpose is to seek out and destroy new players. Everyone knows this is a pk game but he takes it to the extreme. This of course is no fun for the new player. I have had to log out to get away from him. Thankfully I lasted longer on the servers as he finally makes too many enemies of higher bp and leaves.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #6

i have had this person on my server darkside2.0 and banned him, but there are many more like him, so all i can say is check ur logs daily-never trust anyone you dont know with ur db(is getting help 4 a small prob really worth the loss of ur hard work) and if you are facing problems with new players getting pushed out of ur server start a section on ur forum for ppl to post names of suspected bullies/hackers and botters

and most of all when u have found players in those catagories make a script like above "delete from cq_user where name=?;" and build on that script and find urself a sql scheduler to run it periodically to rid ur server of these parasites

i think we all need to maybe make a section on here so we can post and share banned player acc and user names and ip addresses, if we ban together on this i beleive in time we will combat the issue

<NEO>[PM]
Thanks
4 Users
Old   #7

Received Thanks: 1,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpjuc View Post
i think we all need to maybe make a section on here so we can post and share banned player acc and user names and ip addresses, if we ban together on this i beleive in time we will combat the issue

<NEO>[PM]
i like this idea i will run it by the higher ups however you all aready know you are free to share information that you feel will help other owners
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #8

well i dont let anyone in my db anyway if it was a person that i new then yes i might let him long as he knows stuff about db side
Old   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithbell1234 View Post
well i dont let anyone in my db anyway if it was a person that i new then yes i might let him long as he knows stuff about db side
we never let him ... i was about ready to get rid of him the moment he said that i had ***** coding ... you dont go into someones server and just say that ... we let him off as he has friends who are ghs/gms on the server ...

as for letting anyone in ... me and techy(co-owner) are the only ones with full access and even still im the only one that really goes deep into it .... theres one other with db access who is restricted on what he can access and also monitored on EVERYTHING that he dose on the server so we can look back and restore any line he edits if needbe ...

giving people db access should only be done if they are fully trusted and giving too much access at once can give for easy abuse ....

and root access is strictly me and techy for obvious reasons as it should be

this is really how any staff on a sever should be ran ... tightly controlled and only giving the power they need to do thier part of the job ... give someone too much power and you screw yourself!

-hio77
Thanks
5 Users
Old   #10

Well i am against the idea of pimpjuc (make a section on here so we can post and share banned player acc and user names and ip addresses, if we ban together on this i beleive in time we will combat the issue)

Because that means , once banned is for always banned, on all servers?

and if you have owners that just hate that person = ban? on all servers?

all servers need to take it on hes own way.

also about the TRIG, KOS , if you make the basic maps pk free (cronus, market, mystic marsh(elvencity) and MAYBE gobi town. this will give the 'new players' lots of security and so they can grow the basic or escape to town.

those players have the right to play, banning because he pk's to much is even unfair. because its not forbidden to PK. only way to stop this is that the owner find a solution , more anti pk spots or maybe a higher anti pk level (now its 35)

and those players that only pk will always go away on there time, because the higher people will turn against him, and he will leave the server because he get more pked than he can pk...

by deleting the names TRIG, KOS you maybe delete a fair player.

by deleting the account name, you maybe delete a fair player.

by banning the IP 74.176.28.*** you maybe ban a fair player. so this are not solutions.

maybe you also put a replace script on your web, so if people get pked again and again they can log out, teleport to the safe place (cronus) and start safely from there.

also, on pvservers you get fast pkp, so let 1 higher bp player kill this player and hes in jail ... so you get rid of him for a good time.

i just want to say this issue need to be handled, not banned
Old   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by magewarior2 View Post
also about the TRIG, KOS , if you make the basic maps pk free (cronus, market, mystic marsh(elvencity) and MAYBE gobi town. this will give the 'new players' lots of security and so they can grow the basic or escape to town.

those players have the right to play, banning because he pk's to much is even unfair. because its not forbidden to PK. only way to stop this is that the owner find a solution , more anti pk spots or maybe a higher anti pk level (now its 35)

and those players that only pk will always go away on there time, because the higher people will turn against him, and he will leave the server because he get more pked than he can pk...

by banning the IP 74.176.28.XXX you maybe ban a fair player. so this are not solutions.

maybe you also put a replace script on your web, so if people get pked again and again they can log out, teleport to the safe place (cronus) and start safely from there.

also, on pvservers you get fast pkp, so let 1 higher bp player kill this player and hes in jail ... so you get rid of him for a good time.

we banned him for server advertisement not the stuff i talked about ... i was warning everyone that he will cause havoc for your server ... and blocking the lower maps wont help because by lower its like say he has 5K BP and the new player has just got enough for say island ... they are now a target

also his way of trying to stay on the server was sending our server to TQ ... this here means for another ban straight off as im sure anyone else here would do ...

yes we have proof that he did because he sent one of our staff the full email reply from tq (though its just a email to say its been passed onto someone)

he is the only one that plays off that ip range on our server ... we checked back about 5 months of logs as well ... so ip banning is ok for us atm ... it will be removed soon when he stops trying to attack us ...
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #12

TRIG

Quote:
Well i am against the idea of pimpjuc (make a section on here so we can post and share banned player acc and user names and ip addresses, if we ban together on this i beleive in time we will combat the issue)

Because that means , once banned is for always banned, on all servers?

and if you have owners that just hate that person = ban? on all servers?

all servers need to take it on hes own way.

by banning the IP 74.176.28.XXX you maybe ban a fair player. so this are not solutions.

Its not that he PKs people its that he bullies them to the point they quit he will follow them everywhere they go an pk them and if a player asks him to stop he abusively responds.

He has no life and sits on your server composing ALL day. He then will find the highest pot players and buddy up with them. so that no matter what he has the highest chars on his side. and even if the high bp player doesnt want to be friend him he then trys to turn the server on that char or makes up lies and tell the PMs and GMs that this char is doing this and that. Which will make that char quit.

Also if you try to ban him or Prema ban him he then goes an reports ur server to TQ/Netdragon

Re: privite serverMonday, January 11, 2010 3:49 AMFrom: "TQ Digital Service Center" <>Add sender to ContactsTo: "chris " <>Hello,

Happy new year.
Thanks for your report. I have forwarded it to our ICAC department to follow the case.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TQ Digital Service Center

*****: this is from trig

Now this is More a Warning about this player, I mean if he comes onto ur server and makes ur chars quit that's fines for all the rest of us to get new players. But this char is so abusive!!! that I think, he doesn't deserve to play on any Private server and Goes back to TQs EO.

Ur ideas On making more places PK free are fine but in this char place that would mean ALL maps would be PK free.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #13

I understand your concern magewarrior2 about an owner just not liking someone. I see the point of having a thread of abusers from owners as a place of reference. This way if you have someone that is starting to cause problems you can check the Thread and see if they are listed. This would help any Owner in "nipping it in the bud" rather than wasting a lot of time on a player that is "bad news" and having to hear so many complaints from the other players on your server. The Ban Thread would be a tool to use not a guide. The decision to ban or delete an account would be up to each owner on how that person behaves on their server.
Old   #14

well hio77 i do not say you may not ban him, and if he advertise you even must ban him

and Avis2, if tq gets a mail, like there is a p-server. they cannot do anything

the only thing you need to do is remove "all" copyrighted "name's" of your website.

(eudemons, netdragon , tq , ect.. ) and than you wont even get a mail, letter or what ever.

maybe you get a mail but a totally diffrent mail as normal, than you have to read very good and try to understand the letter (this is hard sometime's ) and find a solution for it.

if he sends a mail or not, your server will be founded by tq.

only if he sends a mail it will be "faster"

DarkHuntress, thank you for your explaining
Old   #15

Quote:
well hio77 i do not say you may not ban him, and if he advertise you even must ban him

and Avis2, if tq gets a mail, like there is a p-server. they cannot do anything

the only thing you need to do is remove "all" copyrighted "name's" of your website.

(eudemons, netdragon , tq , ect.. ) and than you wont even get a mail, letter or what ever.

maybe you get a mail but a totally diffrent mail as normal, than you have to read very good and try to understand the letter (this is hard sometime's ) and find a solution for it.

if he sends a mail or not, your server will be founded by tq.

only if he sends a mail it will be "faster"

DarkHuntress, thank you for your explaining
our server is clear of names etc ... i dont rally think much will come of this in the way of a letter or anything