Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 19:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Netdragon on a war path!!

Old 02/11/2008, 13:14   #31

elite*gold: 20
another fact They don't care about there othere games like CO cause private server slike Qonquer are still around and they are closing EO servers before someone actually made a completed server

Old 02/11/2008, 14:21   #32

elite*gold: 0
they trying to scare everyone to close down.. so the private server wont take their market.. it will never hold in court

Old 02/11/2008, 21:40   #33

threat them with a DDoS attack^^
Old 02/12/2008, 05:05   #34

hey only reason qonquer is still up is because there in europe so they one thing thats good i guess... and wtf is wrong with them?! if it free to play what bug crawled up there @$$? WoW is pay 2 play and they dont give a rats @$$ about p servers lol i heard about maple story they actually whip out there lawyers when anyone gets even close to cracking server stuff. And TQ might as well make there games pay to play because u eventually get around to resorting to buy there stupid conquer points or tao points eudemon points zero points (i think u guys get the picture.) any ways tq sucks im goin to a ragnarok p server

hey guess what they did to there best game yet crazy tao they made prices for tele like 50k-1mil and there drop rates suck most you get is like 3k every blue moon

my brother is studying at law school he says and i qoute "those stupid koreans probably would get laughed out of the court" if they didnt want people to steal it why not make it pay 2 play? that would probably make them make dragon ***** easier to get.

Old 02/12/2008, 11:10   #35

who would pay even a single nickle on playing tqs games?
if they went p2p they would have 10 players on each server..
Old 02/12/2008, 13:08   #36

if TQ games go P2P the game will die only bulkers playing they own eachother get bored and quit conquer and i play on a WoW private server atm^^
Old 02/12/2008, 21:17   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneatall View Post
who would pay even a single nickle on playing tqs games?
if they went p2p they would have 10 players on each server..
only the slow and stupid would pay money towards TQs games
Old 02/14/2008, 02:26   #38

The reason why Qonquer is still up is because the Server Source is written manually from scratch. Also, they threaten TQ that if they take any legal action, they would release the source to the public. The server files I heard that these pEO server are running off are actually official server files from the Chinese EO. But still, TQ don't have the license to claim the chinese server files and .exe in the U.S. If they seriously wanted to slam legal action on you guys, they would have done it without threatening you first. Their only claim is that you stole their "copywrited" name which is two letters. EO. And they probably weren't the first to come up with the combination of E and O. So if you guys change your server to anything without EO as Eudemons Online, they can't do anything about it. Maybe you can try PokEudmons Online xD.
Old 02/14/2008, 09:29   #39

the thing is that they may not be able to copyright "EO" but they can trade mark it lol its like "Coke" SODA.... if their whole business burned to the ground they could rebuild with loans ect just with that name and the logo ect "EO" IS A TM of TQ Also in the TOU on the client it only says that any client modification will lead to account termination noting about legal actions . I Would think that would mean that you could just use the client to do w/e with it lol
Old 02/14/2008, 09:43   #40

you cant take client and use for your own purposes..
they have copyright of the client.. therefore the users who alter their client to connect to another server is violating it..

and for gameserver owners..
have some guts and tell them to beat it.. they cant do **** in court cuz u never did anything wrong... its the users who modified their client who are the villains.. not you
Old 02/20/2008, 05:41   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneatall View Post
you cant take client and use for your own purposes..
they have copyright of the client.. therefore the users who alter their client to connect to another server is violating it..

and for gameserver owners..
have some guts and tell them to beat it.. they cant do **** in court cuz u never did anything wrong... its the users who modified their client who are the villains.. not you
In a way you are correct, and in another way you are promoting and advertising a illegal server and its software to users.

Something that TQ has created and allowed other users to connect to, and they have full rights over there material and software and all legal content along with that.
Old 06/13/2008, 12:54   #42

LOOL^^ TQ IS COOL!!!!
Old 06/14/2008, 10:06   #43

ok little known fact on copywrite law. #1 TQ has infringed a few times. If you go play monster and me, and you go into thier pet shops you will see a picture of garfield on the wall. I highly doubt they talked to Jim Davis and got the OK for it. Hell they were going to get sued because they wanted to name thier birds Chocobos. Square Soft said a HELL NO to that one. Then again last i knew is if you change at least 6 or more things in any given thing i think you can advoid the whole bullshit. Then again i could be wrong.
Old 06/14/2008, 19:07   #44

why?bring a dead topic back?

« Paladin | Need help »