Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 08:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Exp/drop rates and translations

Discussion on Exp/drop rates and translations within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Exp/drop rates and translations

Ok well I've been working on changing the exp rates/drop rates back to near base levels and also translating as much of the game as possible.

Please note MUCH of this work is not mine (mainly the translations)

the drop rates are totally mine though.

So far what is done is:

Monster cash drop rates- Changes so min 500 max 10k so no more 200k+++ per stack of gold
Changed exp per level- Is NOT base yet, some levels take more then base exp some take less, at least with this you wont be getting lvl 60 in about 2 xp skills.
Itemtype- Not my work but is already all placed into the database and pre-edited, use if you want if not no problem
Npcs- Again, not mine mostly Neo's work
Monster Names- Not mine, credit goes to neo/forcer but its combined with drop rates

I will update this thread more once I finish translating/fine tuning the things.

Again, I did not make some of these and if you are responsible for them I give you full credit, they are only in there cause they are combined with edits I made. These files are free for you to use/edit in any way you want and this is mostly just a backup of my own files + hopefully they will be able to help other people working on servers.

How to use:

First make sure you backup your own files so that if you dont like these you can change back (easiest way would to be just make a copy of the entire "my" folder in Mysql/data) stop the MySql process before overwriting these files or you will get a access denied message (because they are in use)

To stop the process open the controll panel-> administrative tools->services and then stop the MySql service

Then simply replace the files in Mysql/data/my with the ones in the zip, now restart the MySql service(same way you stoped it) and run the server.

Enjoy.

PS: ones I am planing to work on more next are the exp rates (need to be able to either decode the levelexp.dat in the client to get the information or some other list of actual exp rates)

Also trying to translate more of the server messages and npc text (gonna take ages prob)

if anyone knows how to decode the .dat files in the client please let me know, they have ALOT of the information I need I just cant remember how to decode them (did it before with co)
Attached Files
File Type: zip ServerBackup.zip (106.7 KB, 187 views)
Old 01/02/2008, 19:08   #2

elite*gold: 20
I have not looked to itemtype/monstertype, however if they are encrypted, you can find guess guide how to do it in server.dat encryption thread, that was moved to EO server forum
found it:
Old 01/03/2008, 21:16   #3

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Finally figured out the drop rates :O gimme 2 sec I'll give you my sample mobs to test if you want.

kk if you wanna test this, if you want to use [PM] Summon command then just do /createmonster 200 ## or just go to 405 402 cronos and there is a spawn of 20 of them there...

if you want to edit drop rates it is drop rule 10251 mobs are 200 and the spawn number is 5010046

so yes, what I discovered is that gold/item drop rates are inverse, 1 being the highest drop rate 0 being off and 9999xxxx being lowest rate...

it appears that in the dropitemrule file the LAST one (item14) is the least likely to drop from that mob and smaller ones (item0) is most common.

if you open up cq_itemtype you can get the numbers for the various items. if they are refined/unique/elite/super they have a chance to be unidentified when you pick them up. I found like 4 unidentified unique armours (currently the drop rates are set to all be normal for that one I think....)

PS: also put my semi-translated lottery file in there. I had it 80 percent translated but then the program crashed and lost it

That one has like elites/supers/some eud/expballs/roses done and a few other things.
Attached Files
File Type: rar DropRateTest.rar (719.9 KB, 110 views)
Thanks
1 User