Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[SneakPeek]Itemtype Editor 2.0

Discussion on [SneakPeek]Itemtype Editor 2.0 within the EO PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the EO PServer Hosting category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,741
[SneakPeek]Itemtype Editor 2.0

As some may know I am working on a new fresh Itemtype Editor that has alot more features then the previous one. I would love for suggestions on what kind of features you would think could be useful.

I do already have a big list but there is always more room right

Currently it can load all 6 types of itemtype.dat formats that TQ has released so far right up to the very lattest patch of creation (1270).
It has a choose your own type kind of option (we are currently using Version 4).

It has a settings page that as time goes will have more and more options (next will be making custom filters).

The settings page has profiles which you can save different settings setups allowing for quick and easy editing the way you like it. (No realistic limit on how many profiles can be done).

You will be able to add custom classes if for whatever reason you have another class type. As the itemtype editor side of it only has drop down menus for required_class and required_gender as to prevent bad editing mistakes.

You can also now filter the items by certain ID ranges. Some of the most common have already been setup. Like all the gear types, weapons, armor etc etc. along with Normal Pets thunder Pets and their Eudemon Bag Eggs (1081XXX).

Some more features will be when creating a new item or pet you will have a specificaly made window for each type. Example when making a weapon you will only have the stats id name etc availble. As there will be no need for fields like OfficialType 1 2 etc.
Also when making these items (in this example weapon) if chosen in the settings page there will be no need to create the refined unique elite or super levels for the new weapon. The application will take the stats you input for the normal weapon and continue from there automaticaly working out what the stats should be and what the IDs should be.
The same will go for new pets and so on.

The increase of the stats in the auto-generate feature will be able to be tweaked in the advanced settings at a latter date.

But one of the greatest features this Editor will have is it's multi platform ability it will be compatible with almost any TQ game allowing you to use 1 editor to add items to all your TQ pserver games.

I will most likely be posting this in COPserver area and ZO (if there is one..)

Looking forward to the suggestions.

Last important notes:

No I will not post source, yes application will be encrypted.

It is doubtful there will be a public release of this editor any day soon, due to the amount of work it is going to require.

Added example program.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ItemtypeEditor2.0Preview.jpg (146.2 KB, 443 views)
File Type: jpg ItemtypeEditor2.0Preview2.jpg (86.3 KB, 358 views)
File Type: jpg ItemtypeEditor2.0Preview3.jpg (59.4 KB, 350 views)
Attached Files
File Type: rar Itemtype Editor 2.0.rar (209.8 KB, 812 views)
Thanks
33 Users
Old 01/11/2010, 21:05   #2

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 1,208
Most probably I will test it completely tomorrow :P

:P Great work :P
Old 01/11/2010, 21:45   #3

wow funhacker that is some great peace of work ur doing lol
Old 01/11/2010, 22:24   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulerman View Post
Most probably I will test it completely tomorrow :P

:P Great work :P
test it? its not out yet

@funhacker .. there a zero section we used to host a zo server with our eo server ... but since took it down as there aint really any trafic in zo or progress in things etc...

hope to see more of what this can do soon
Old 01/11/2010, 22:37   #5

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 1,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by hio77 View Post
test it? its not out yet

@funhacker .. there a zero section we used to host a zo server with our eo server ... but since took it down as there aint really any trafic in zo or progress in things etc...

hope to see more of what this can do soon
lol true - heh I thouht there is attachment or something already hehehe
yea anyway since I was and am in hurry today - thats why I wrote - tomorrow ... but I see ... it will be after he will release it
Old 01/12/2010, 03:02   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulerman View Post
lol true - heh I thouht there is attachment or something already hehehe
yea anyway since I was and am in hurry today - thats why I wrote - tomorrow ... but I see ... it will be after he will release it
lmao yeh. ... i was talking to funhacker when he first put on msn that he was going to do this it sounds really good lol
Old 01/12/2010, 11:57   #7

Although appreciated, I did not post for thanks. I am interested in what people think would be nice to have as an option feature or look...

I will post a sneak peek version (wont have editing features availble) once I have a few more things done
Old 01/12/2010, 14:25   #8

Well...one question from me...u study computer programming?I cant believe what i see...this is great dude...keep up...
Old 01/12/2010, 15:52   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexes13 View Post
Well...one question from me...u study computer programming?I cant believe what i see...this is great dude...keep up...
Not yet but I do start in a few weeks time for CertIII and CertIV in computer programing, which will hopefully take a year to complete in time for me to goto university in 2011 xD
Old 01/12/2010, 16:32   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by funhacker View Post
Not yet but I do start in a few weeks time for CertIII and CertIV in computer programing, which will hopefully take a year to complete in time for me to goto university in 2011 xD
So you are still a student?
Old 01/12/2010, 23:31   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexes13 View Post
So you are still a student?
Not exactly yet, I have not done any courses in programing yet but I do start in a few weeks (looking forward to it, even if most of it will be VB...)
Old 01/13/2010, 03:41   #12

elite*gold: 0
Wow, That looks AWESOME!
Old 01/13/2010, 20:08   #13

funhacker im have a idea to share..trust me its will be nice..
make a box thats show a free id..set it limit to what ever u want for the free id..
also make a shop.dat editor that can make the items in shoppingmall arranged..please do it or i will kiss u up
Old 01/13/2010, 20:59   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraDevil View Post
also make a shop.dat editor that can make the items in shoppingmall arranged..please do it or i will kiss u up
:P i already talked about this idea with him ^_^
Old 01/13/2010, 22:17   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by funhacker View Post
As some may know I am working on a new fresh Itemtype Editor that has alot more features then the previous one. I would love for suggestions on what kind of features you would think could be useful.

I do already have a big list but there is always more room right

Currently it can load all 6 types of itemtype.dat formats that TQ has released so far right up to the very lattest patch of creation (1270).
It has a choose your own type kind of option (we are currently using Version 4).

It has a settings page that as time goes will have more and more options (next will be making custom filters).

The settings page has profiles which you can save different settings setups allowing for quick and easy editing the way you like it. (No realistic limit on how many profiles can be done).

You will be able to add custom classes if for whatever reason you have another class type. As the itemtype editor side of it only has drop down menus for required_class and required_gender as to prevent bad editing mistakes.

You can also now filter the items by certain ID ranges. Some of the most common have already been setup. Like all the gear types, weapons, armor etc etc. along with Normal Pets thunder Pets and their Eudemon Bag Eggs (1081XXX).

Some more features will be when creating a new item or pet you will have a specificaly made window for each type. Example when making a weapon you will only have the stats id name etc availble. As there will be no need for fields like OfficialType 1 2 etc.
Also when making these items (in this example weapon) if chosen in the settings page there will be no need to create the refined unique elite or super levels for the new weapon. The application will take the stats you input for the normal weapon and continue from there automaticaly working out what the stats should be and what the IDs should be.
The same will go for new pets and so on.

The increase of the stats in the auto-generate feature will be able to be tweaked in the advanced settings at a latter date.

But one of the greatest features this Editor will have is it's multi platform ability it will be compatible with almost any TQ game allowing you to use 1 editor to add items to all your TQ pserver games.

I will most likely be posting this in COPserver area and ZO (if there is one..)

Looking forward to the suggestions.

Last important notes:

No I will not post source, yes application will be encrypted.

It is doubtful there will be a public release of this editor any day soon, due to the amount of work it is going to require.

cool for your idea and also thanks which you sowas develop thereby one not directly in itemtype.dat and/or shop.dat around must tinker.

But it would not be also badly if you e.g. into that upgrades the possibility inserts the descriptions hires to change and add/delete items.

in v1 example-white these Codeare not functioned not indicated and/or to one of those. I believe that am delete Code.