Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron
You last visited: Today at 04:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Question about: Data.Pak

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question Question about: Data.Pak

Hello,

I've been in the game/graphics moding for a while just changing looks which is somewhat harmless as no hacking is involved. For most games I like to use TexMod to view the graphic files that I'd like to alter/enhance but this nifty application does not work with 2moons (at least I haven't figured out how to do it, hopefully someone knows a work-around) because the game launches the patch server first before giving you access to the game itself, so the patch server launches the game. TexMod does not work because the executable used is that of the patch server.

I've been looking for an application that is able to unpack/view the data.pak of 2moons but I have not been able to find one that supports this particular file. There are plenty out there and none has worked. I've tried those used for Q2 and Q3 (Q3 was an exception as the pak file the game uses is simply a zip file, this is not the case for 2moons data.pak) and many others that support large PAK files viewing but they do not seem to support this data.pak format as if it was something else.

Well if anyone knows the following, please let me know.

1- If anyone has been able to unpack/view this file, I'd like to know which method was used and it would be greatly appreciated.

2 - If anyone knows how to bypass the patch server so the 2moons executable it takes you straight to the game, that would also be greatly appreciated. ( I do not need to bypass the nProtect as what I do is not hacking and does not use any hacking applications, what I do is not intended to hack the game for self-gain, it is simply graphics moding)

Thanks to whomever is able to help or even tries to help me with this.

Thanks
1 User
Old 08/19/2007, 05:55   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstarx View Post
Hello,

I've been in the game/graphics moding for a while just changing looks which is somewhat harmless as no hacking is involved. For most games I like to use TexMod to view the graphic files that I'd like to alter/enhance but this nifty application does not work with 2moons (at least I haven't figured out how to do it, hopefully someone knows a work-around) because the game launches the patch server first before giving you access to the game itself, so the patch server launches the game. TexMod does not work because the executable used is that of the patch server.

I've been looking for an application that is able to unpack/view the data.pak of 2moons but I have not been able to find one that supports this particular file. There are plenty out there and none has worked. I've tried those used for Q2 and Q3 (Q3 was an exception as the pak file the game uses is simply a zip file, this is not the case for 2moons data.pak) and many others that support large PAK files viewing but they do not seem to support this data.pak format as if it was something else.

Well if anyone knows the following, please let me know.

1- If anyone has been able to unpack/view this file, I'd like to know which method was used and it would be greatly appreciated.

2 - If anyone knows how to bypass the patch server so the 2moons executable it takes you straight to the game, that would also be greatly appreciated. ( I do not need to bypass the nProtect as what I do is not hacking and does not use any hacking applications, what I do is not intended to hack the game for self-gain, it is simply graphics moding)

Thanks to whomever is able to help or even tries to help me with this.
My friend has an old client from july 27th, he was part of the 100. The data file there is already uncompressed and he can fully mod it out w/o it getting updated. i dont think we can view the file ourselves as its a special protection that they do. btw, file editing is agains't the terms of service even if its just graphical stuff XD

Old 08/19/2007, 06:31   #3

True, it might be against it the terms of service but I haven't taken the time to read it, I guess I probably should. Thanks for the information, I'll see if I can find that client, if I can't then I might PM you so maybe your friend can help me out. Do you by any chance know which version of the client it is?

Thanks.
Old 08/19/2007, 13:01   #4

I know that the .pak used the crypt which is given by the program "wwPak" I have searched for this tool all day long but never found it.. with it you are able to open the pak files!

Old 08/19/2007, 13:59   #5

you cant find a working wwPak per google (i think)
you can only get the non working version...
perhaps anybody could edit the file that way that it works?

perhaps its only for dune2?

and you have to pay 5$ to aktivate the programm
Old 08/19/2007, 14:16   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einwegflasche View Post
and you have to pay 5$ to aktivate the programm

nope you dont have t pay 5$.. there is written if you use this program it would be nice if you pay the programmer 5$ for the time he spend in this programm..

you have to place wwpak in you \data\ folder and run the script.. then you have to type "wwpak /u data.pak".. but always i am trying to do this it says me that i dont have enought memory... but i have

luc
Old 08/19/2007, 14:23   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einwegflasche View Post
pffff
the programm is closing every time i star it so ... i cant test it
thats because i thought you have to pay for it

firstly you have to start cmd
in german: "start -> ausführen.. -> cmd"
if cmd has opened you have to place the adress of wwpak f.ex. "D:\Programme\Acclaim\2Moons\data\wwpak.exe"
there you go
Old 08/19/2007, 14:33   #8

yeah, i got it too ^^ (i -> noob)
i get this message:
Error opening file data\♣

but it creats the folder "data" (but nothing in it)

edit:/ i think it isnt working
Old 08/19/2007, 17:17   #9

elite*gold: 2
Received Thanks: 2,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by redstarx View Post
don't know what you all mean with encryption, this pak file isn't encryptet

How to unpack: you need to know how to program a simple table reader with data copy function

Target file: data.hd

you must open data.hd to get the table for data.pak, this is simple
the start of file (first 560 Byte are double offsets for later files (i think for fast patching))

so start at offset 560 (0x230) and do a simple loop.
it's always so:
Code:
4 Byte = NamePointer
X Byte = Filename + path (read namepointer to get size of name)
8 Byte = Offset
8 Byte = Filesize
4 Byte = dummy
when your done, write a copy data function to extract the files from data.pak
and you get the files for modding (i haven't testet if the files works WITHOUT data.pak but maybe it does).

i write a program to unpack it but it's written in VB6, i get a array error because in table are more then 50000 files and in my VB6 a array can only be 32767, so some bugfix until it works to extract all files.

screenshot:

when my program works without bugs, maybe i release it.
but all files before 32768 can be extractet without problems, and all are working so no encryption.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/19/2007, 21:00   #10

and how to pack it again?
Old 08/26/2007, 06:39   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsfgd View Post
don't know what you all mean with encryption, this pak file isn't encryptet

How to unpack: you need to know how to program a simple table reader with data copy function

Target file: data.hd

you must open data.hd to get the table for data.pak, this is simple
the start of file (first 560 Byte are double offsets for later files (i think for fast patching))

so start at offset 560 (0x230) and do a simple loop.
it's always so:
Code:
4 Byte = NamePointer
X Byte = Filename + path (read namepointer to get size of name)
8 Byte = Offset
8 Byte = Filesize
4 Byte = dummy
when your done, write a copy data function to extract the files from data.pak
and you get the files for modding (i haven't testet if the files works WITHOUT data.pak but maybe it does).

i write a program to unpack it but it's written in VB6, i get a array error because in table are more then 50000 files and in my VB6 a array can only be 32767, so some bugfix until it works to extract all files.

screenshot:

when my program works without bugs, maybe i release it.
but all files before 32768 can be extractet without problems, and all are working so no encryption.
I registered just to say thank you for this information.

BTW, the easiest way to avoid the array restriction in this situation is not to create an array to begin with. Just open both files. Read file info for 1 file from data.hd, extract that file from data.pak, rinse and repeat. This method won't let you browse / extract specific files though of course, only the whole thing.
Old 08/28/2007, 11:43   #12

just to toss in a bit of info, you have to repack the files back in once you edit them, some people think once u unpack it you can leave it unpacked, this is not the case.
Old 11/22/2007, 05:10   #13

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,868
hey

im looking to open the pak file also but not for modifying the files
just all DDS files or image files

if some one can unpack then ? or send it to me plz ??
i have a 360Gb ftp server where u can upload it

Thx alot !!!
Old 11/22/2007, 05:23   #14

i have a working unpacker, if you like i can post any info you like from the pak file.

but due to the fact the creator does not want it released into the general public, i can't post the program, itself.

BUT if you like i CAN unpack everything and zip it
and upload it like on rapid share or something
Old 11/22/2007, 05:26   #15

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,868
yes plz

all i need ar all image files like, items, armor images, guild marks images,
all images u can find

cuz im busy with a website something like the "thottbot" from WOW

can u plz plz plz do that for me, if u would be so kind ?

THX !!!!!!

Closed Thread

« how do we know that we are banned? | ouishhhh »