Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron
You last visited: Today at 17:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Question about how they detect hacking/exploiting/etc

Discussion on Question about how they detect hacking/exploiting/etc within the Dekaron forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question about how they detect hacking/exploiting/etc

Hey, I was just wondering if they are able to detect things such as bots/exploits, other things such as modifying the files so that monsters won't hit you with ranged attacks/etc and UCEs, in game or is it all detected by game guard beforehand? Also, if it's not detected by GG, would Acclaim still be able to detect you modding files and stuff on client side? I want to get in so that I can mod the files so that the Friz's don't attack me when I glitch Nunvice, but I really don't wanna get screwed over the second I use it lol. Please and thanks.

Old 12/16/2007, 02:08   #2

No, they detect people by 3 ways.

1) people reporting you
2) them going personally through the popular hacking maps and looking for botters
3) log files.

ill explain 3 more, what they can do is have a file on the server and whenever someone does lets say crespo dungeon soloed for A for example
their name gets put on a list

since not many people solo A, they can personally check up on that particular person at time to time since the average joe would not waste 300k just to die in the first room.

its not hard to have that in play OR when you are in a fighting map like draco for too long then your name can be saved on a list for GM to check up on you.

thats the easiest way to detect hackers.

if that was helpful feel free to thank me

Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/16/2007, 03:17   #3

I see.

So say I'm using the data modding thing or Rev engine; they wouldn't be able to detect the files automatically? And the only way they would know if I were reported/seen with by a GM?

Ps; thanked
Old 12/16/2007, 03:55   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xternal View Post
I see.

So say I'm using the data modding thing or Rev engine; they wouldn't be able to detect the files automatically? And the only way they would know if I were reported/seen with by a GM?

Ps; thanked
dont think so. stand today next to abassi (vgm) and i got some data.pak modifications ... nothing happens. but i dont know if and what they can scan if they want ^^

Old 12/16/2007, 04:19   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosTunes View Post
dont think so. stand today next to abassi (vgm) and i got some data.pak modifications ... nothing happens. but i dont know if and what they can scan if they want ^^
The file is 1.7 gigs, i think they cant scann all of it, it will lead to lag for us. even if they did part of it, it will more then likely disconnect us if they even attempted a scan like that.

Keep in mind that admin can go invisible, and they can be standing right next to you without you even knowing.

so if enough people report you, they can follow you and see if you are truly hacking.

but admin are also worried about people selling dil since a lot of them are scammers and scare people away from the game, because that person that got scammed might have bought coins and its losing business for acclaim, so if I were in their shoes i would go after the people selling dil before a bother with hackers that just keep to them selves.
Old 12/16/2007, 05:00   #6

Cool cool.

One last question for today; if I used say modifications for nunvice and I stopped using them right after finishing nunvice and going to a different place to train, would they be able to detect that I used them in the distant past or no?
Old 12/16/2007, 05:12   #7

Quote:
Cool cool.

One last question for today; if I used say modifications for nunvice and I stopped using them right after finishing nunvice and going to a different place to train, would they be able to detect that I used them in the distant past or no?
no since your only editing the client, they can only ban what they see.

Trust me chances are they will not ban you if someone reports you

THEY MUST personally visit you, to make sure your hacking. Keep in mind people spend money in this game and if they ban for no good reason they can even get sued in the right conditions. so just to be on the safe side they need to have some form of TRUE proof.

most the time its them visiting you without you knowing. so as long as you look legit most the time its ok.. just dont do anything stupid that may put you at risk.

WHAT I PERSONALLY recommend is to make sure your in a guild at a higher lvl.
the reason for this is simple. it gets more suspicous that someone is over lets say 50 without being in a guild. the only thing it can be is this, ONE he/she does not know english or a common language with other people, or 2 he or she is loner (RARE), or he/she is keeping a secret and that secret usually is that they are a hacker and they dont want people to know.

so find an inactive guild or a active guild if your clever.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/16/2007, 06:15   #8

I see, I see. Thanks for all the help ^_^
Old 12/16/2007, 06:43   #9

Quote:
I see, I see. Thanks for all the help ^_^
Anytime, i'm here to help

« Need some quick Help :) | Working 2moons bot? »