Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 13:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[idea] prevent wallhack?

Discussion on [idea] prevent wallhack? within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1
[idea] prevent wallhack?

Hey guys,

some months ago, i had an idea how to prevent people from using wallhack, or at least from being far away from the "normal map"

no idea if it has been mentioned before but nvm it can be closed it its the case:

you remember when you spawned some mobs on your own server and your client crashed?

those mobs getting useful now:

create new spawns on "non reachable" places on the map and out of sightrange from normal players. so if a hacker wants to lure his mobs outside the map to kill them, his client will crash. he might get away after relogging, but he wont use it again.

might not work, no idea
Thanks
3 Users
Old 02/03/2011, 19:52   #2

elite*gold: 0
This is actually a great idea!

To make a crash monster copy an existing line in the servers monster.csv but not the client and I beilve it will crash the peopl who see it. So it doesn't dc you just put it in your client as well, but not the public client.

Great idea, thanks fo sharing.
Old 02/03/2011, 20:45   #3

Very good idea, so easy people just didn't think of it, thumbs up to you.
thinking out side the box or map lol that's the way yo go ^_^
Old 02/03/2011, 21:43   #4

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 4,395
Quite a nice idea, the only flaw is that the lured mobs will be stuck in unreachable places when the lurer DCs.
Old 02/03/2011, 21:44   #5

elite*gold: 40
This is still bypassable however <_<
Old 02/03/2011, 22:03   #6

everything is bypass-able, but its a lil trick to get the noob hackers away.
Old 02/03/2011, 23:15   #7

Won't u get an error about the redcell when u do that?

As far as I know if the cordinates aren't in the map u wont be able to place the mobs.

Since its redcell.
Old 02/03/2011, 23:20   #8

He's saying add new monsters to the server, but monsters that doesn't exist in the client.

Now when you walk towards those server sided monsters the client wont be able to display them when it's in the clients range, eventually causing it to crash
Old 02/03/2011, 23:30   #9

Yea exactly thats what I meant, I just tried it and added some new mobs, theres errors in the dbmon about cannot place the monster redcell 182, 2 as an example. And since it can't place the monster because its not on the map it wont dc u either, because the mob won't exist on the map since its redcell.
Old 02/04/2011, 00:35   #10

Oh my ***, you really don't understand what I'm saying do you?
Add a new monster like HOW you would normally onto the server, it could be any monster!

Just make sure those client files doesn't exist in the client and it will crash when ever that monster exists on the server.
Old 02/04/2011, 01:00   #11

Do you even read my post? xD

1st, Yes I added a new monster on the server.
2nd, No its not in the client.
3rd, You don't get my point

Read his post again
Quote:
create new spawns on "non reachable" places on the map and out of sightrange from normal players. so if a hacker wants to lure his mobs outside the map to kill them
Its not possible to create spawn points on the redcells (behind the walls), so why you wanna put mobs which dc you on the map? He wants to put mobs behind the walls, but thats not possible for the most maps because of the redcell.

I hope you get my point now.
Old 02/04/2011, 01:51   #12

The way I see it is as follows:
1: create monster (new) on server side.
2: put them off map ( you can spawn them off map it will just show a little bug on the debugger no biggie )
3: the hacker takes real mobs off map and when they get off map poof DC
just ran this scenario WORKED great.
Old 02/04/2011, 02:42   #13

Lol easy way...Have Hellspider on your team and all will be well. Thanks alot bro for all you've done. And i believe its only the beginning
Old 02/04/2011, 15:16   #14

thats good idea but I have another idea also.
What about add warp gates outside the map and when hacker go here warp gate will teleport him to the prison
Old 02/04/2011, 15:44   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsamuraicz View Post
thats good idea but I have another idea also.
What about add warp gates outside the map and when hacker go here warp gate will teleport him to the prison
Brilliant.