Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Dekaron > Dekaron Private Server
You last visited: Today at 20:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

A Theory for the Advanced Minded...

Discussion on A Theory for the Advanced Minded... within the Dekaron Private Server forum part of the Dekaron category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
A Theory for the Advanced Minded...

Alright, so I got to thinking. silkbotter said "Only this client will work with these files...", well in the programming world, you'd be shot for that statement. But since we're not in the programming world, you'd be right. I got to thinking, why can't we just use the 2moons Action 4.6.x client for the files. There are going to be a lot of changes in the client, gameguard will have different updates, but all that can be easily changed, couldn't it? Here are my questions, and my theories.

The clients have version numbers, correct? What if we made the version numbers the same, assuming that it has a check for version numbers, which I believe it does.

Now, what would prevent us from using the client? I haven't quite worked this part out. I was going to look for the IP Address, and see if I can't login to like DK-Extreme's Server, at least get to character screen. If I can get that far, thats excellent progress.

If we can get Action 5 Client to work with these files, I think it'd be better for those who can actually make it work, because of the Action 6 client. We'd have a lot less development to actually do.

What do you guys think? I'm sure some hex editting, and all that can be done. Think about it, a lot of the fixes that are already done, like Aqua circle, closer on aloken's the works, so yeah. I'mma keep plugging along.

As of now, I'm downloading the Korean Action 5 Installation Files. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

Sincerely,

Krunky

P.S. Does the 2moons 4.5 Unpacker work with the Korean Files? That, and can someone point me toward the post about unpacking the client?
Old 01/10/2009, 22:51   #2

i tihnk i understand what you mean and it was my first train of thoughts after hearing no one could get the action 6 stuff to work with "the client".

I have a client its the gamehi testserver i believe, and it has all the action 5 and 6 content in the client.

So from this we make a server with all the action 5-6 stuff and configure the client to connect to this server.

Theoretically this will work without any hassle in the real world there will prob be a few glitches here and there to sort out.
Old 01/10/2009, 23:15   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trampz0r View Post
i tihnk i understand what you mean and it was my first train of thoughts after hearing no one could get the action 6 stuff to work with "the client".

I have a client its the gamehi testserver i believe, and it has all the action 5 and 6 content in the client.

So from this we make a server with all the action 5-6 stuff and configure the client to connect to this server.

Theoretically this will work without any hassle in the real world there will prob be a few glitches here and there to sort out.
Well, once I've got the Korean Client downloaded, I'll give it a run. trampz0r, I'm going to PM you my msn email. Would you add me? I'd like to keep most of this information UG until we actually got it working, then we both can release our findings. =) I want more Thanks! xD
Old 01/10/2009, 23:21   #4

I can't pm you back for some reason.
Old 01/11/2009, 01:40   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaFreak View Post
I can't pm you back for some reason.
I turned PM's off because of some noob that kept spamming me about having an IP that was under 10 digits. what idiots. Do they not know they can change their **** IP address?
Old 01/11/2009, 23:11   #6

Hey im sure it can be done send me your msn ill add you and try to help out on this =)

Im currently downloading the korean client to begin work on it also.