Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 19:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Darkorbit Remix 2018 development news

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation Darkorbit Remix 2018 development news

Hello again darkorbit fans! In a previous post of us i said that our team wants to start developing a high quality Darkorbit Remix with all features that the real darkorbit has. We've actually began it and opened a youtube channel:

Here you can follow the progress and receive news about the project.
We also have a website for donations and information about the game:

If you have any questions, feel free to write me a message

Best regards: andreisoony and Darkorbit Remix developers team !

Thanks
4 Users
Old 02/09/2018, 07:05   #2

the first clone of the game on the engine unity, it's good. Only 2D version of the graphics will be? Can you play on the network?

Old 02/09/2018, 07:30   #3

Darkorbit Remix

Hello, currently only 2D. About networking, i don't see the sense in it, it is an offline clone with bots instead of players. This what remix always was. If you want networking, there are a lot of private servers on the web, OneUltimate is one of the best.
Old 02/09/2018, 11:14   #4

A possibility to have other players join in in your session, as friends or foes, would be a huge step forward though.

Also, small piece of advice: as this board has seen enough scams, please post a small playable alpha before asking for funds - just something to demonstrate that this is something real, like a small map you can move in and shoot things in it. Even if the enemies don't backfire. Like I said, just something executable, so that we can see it's real.

Thanks
5 Users
Old 02/09/2018, 18:41   #5

Lightbulb

Hello Madatek, it could be a very nice idea to have the ability of playing with friends. Like a coop system, i took that down and we will see what we can do about it in the future! As about a playable alpha, i totally agree, i think we will upload the current version of the game on the website for download. Everything that is on our YT channel is real, no worries

As of you guys, you could spread news about the development of this game! Tell your friends about it, we will be very proud to see that our work isn't just a waste of time. Also some funds will help us a lot !

Best regards: andreisoony and its team.
Old 02/09/2018, 21:18   #6

elite*gold: 16
Looks good, keep working on this.
-Good luck
Old 02/09/2018, 21:44   #7

elite*gold: 100
All done by me only pvp (client with gamemaker
Server with java ) this projects seems little over exaggerated. But it would be nice to see it anyways
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/09/2018, 21:49   #8

Received Thanks: 1,261
Why don't you make it open-source and find programmers who will work on it for free? Also, you can use a game engine like LibGDX which doesn't suck as much as Unity does (and is open-source!).
Thanks
3 Users
Old 02/14/2018, 00:45   #9

Why any one cant make normal private server for darkorbit( with all features) \ like other games are have? Or its so hard? I ask becose i dont know)
Old 02/14/2018, 03:52   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ботярика View Post
Why any one cant make normal private server for darkorbit( with all features) \ like other games are have? Or its so hard? I ask becose i dont know)
Yes, it is very difficult to recreate the current darkorbit mainly the server part, remember the darkorbit is 11 years since it was launched and is being developed from then on with thousands of different functions, most of us work in this projects alone or in small teams then this ends up being very hardworking and not even worthwhile because the bigpoint has all the rights on the client and can remove the server from the air whenever it wants, I am recreating the 2006 version for some time and I have a good notion of how complex is creates something like this, my game will work with a system of "rooms" you can start an offline game (w bots) or open in lan/online just like CS 1.6 (with bots or not)
Old 02/14/2018, 13:26   #11

Received Thanks: 1,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ботярика View Post
DarkOrbit has 11 years of development by one of the biggest game dev companies with dozens of programmers dedicated to it. You'll never make something relatively close to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshek View Post
Why don't you make it open-source and find programmers who will work on it for free? Also, you can use a game engine like LibGDX which doesn't suck as much as Unity does (and is open-source!).
Unity doesn't suck. LibGDX is a frame work that provides the base for a game, Unity is the fully packed game engine.

As a solo programmer, going open source is the best option, using LibGDX ensures you have no problems with licensing and allows other people to contribute directly from their environment (why would I have to use Unity's editor when I can use my configured IDE and have absolute control of the code), if you go this path, I'd surely contribute to it.
Old 02/14/2018, 17:17   #12

looks good wish ya good luck with the project
Old 02/15/2018, 21:08   #13

elite*gold: 85
Good luck on selling the copies in the future. Doubt that will ever happen and if happens, most likely won't end well in your side.

Anyways, the game itself looks pretty good, according to the videos. Menus and UI looked a bit like something, but can't really ask for perfection to be honest. To be fair, even this early development beats some of the remixes that there's really out, so I can't really expect anything else than success.

The game itself might need a big step of development from the start to be ready, but I guess you don't need to be updating it every now and then after it's ready, so the development would anyways slow down, unless you start making something own things there, basically you need to just catch the version there's out right now and then just wait when BP releases a major update again. Once you have the structure, adding new ships/designs won't (and shouldn't) be that big deal afterwards, so minor updates go as well pretty quickly.

There's a lot to do, but you're on the track already, game looks similar as original and mechanics looks like imported straight from the Game Maker, so the Remix is actually living up on it's spirits.

Good luck on that, if it turns out to be good, might even send some bucks after all to add some haste. ^^
Old 02/20/2018, 20:46   #14

Can you tell me what coding knowledge is requiered if I want to create my own Darkorbit Remix with game maker?
Old 02/20/2018, 22:35   #15

elite*gold: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by MankarCamoran View Post
Can you tell me what coding knowledge is requiered if I want to create my own Darkorbit Remix with game maker?
Very little if you want to make a simple one but if you would like to have some good looking game yoi gave to know little more

Thanks
1 User

« Whats the Best in your opinion | VERTEX HACK »