Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 15:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Copyright Violation and Hosting Server

Discussion on Copyright Violation and Hosting Server within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old 01/12/2018, 06:27   #16

elite*gold: 100
This thread is getting interesting , keep it up guys let the community learn
Old 01/12/2018, 09:17   #17

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,065
What about, you tell us, how secure it has to be?

I own a bittorrent-tracker and therefore I know alot about security, copyright-violations and how to stay undercover while doing illegal things

but even if you are just doing "almost illegal" things like hosting a gameserver you should follow some rules of thumb:

1. Don't use your real name. Ever! In case you want to do something which requires to be "a real valid person" you have to bribe someone to do this for you.

2. for the most illegal and ressource-heavy applications (gameserver, torrent-tracker, flux) you need three /!\ servers from different providers with different "owners" (bribed ppl who rent the servers for you). Strongest Server: Calculations and database. Server 2: CDN for protected data. it doesnt matter if they take it down. you could even try to share the pictures on alot of freehosts. Server 3: Proxy. High bandwidth. The only server visible for connections. you mainserver stays in peace.

3. use other, personal proxies to connect to the servers

4. do not touch the money! again you have to bribe ppl to be your money-mule. see here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_mule
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/12/2018, 18:18   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by UND3RW0RLD View Post

I own a bittorrent-tracker and therefore I know alot about security, copyright-violations and how to stay undercover while doing illegal things

but even if you are just doing "almost illegal" things like hosting a gameserver you should follow some rules of thumb:

1. Don't use your real name. Ever! In case you want to do something which requires to be "a real valid person" you have to bribe someone to do this for you.

2. for the most illegal and ressource-heavy applications (gameserver, torrent-tracker, flux) you need three /!\ servers from different providers with different "owners" (bribed ppl who rent the servers for you). Strongest Server: Calculations and database. Server 2: CDN for protected data. it doesnt matter if they take it down. you could even try to share the pictures on alot of freehosts. Server 3: Proxy. High bandwidth. The only server visible for connections. you mainserver stays in peace.

4. do not touch the money! again you have to bribe ppl to be your money-mule. see here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_mule
wow thats deep (!) that's usefull but I gotta think before stepping into that kinda stuff I just wanted to host a server and keep it up with the donations I'll try options one by one when my project is complete
Old 01/12/2018, 20:18   #19

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by UND3RW0RLD View Post

That's some proper deep web tutorial although I personally dont think to just a small server can spread out that much so that BP would have to worry about suing you and in case you do I doubt they will take measures before writing you a warning email since that costs way more money to do than they are able to afford with that dead game.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/13/2018, 12:01   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUMANDERBUHMAN View Post
That's some proper deep web tutorial although I personally dont think to just a small server can spread out that much so that BP would have to worry about suing you and in case you do I doubt they will take measures before writing you a warning email since that costs way more money to do than they are able to afford with that dead game.
Yeap that's what I tought too , but it doesn't hurt having some deep knowledge