Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 01:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

do = server side java ?

Discussion on do = server side java ? within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
do = server side java ?

Yesterday I watched the game files, and found references to the fact that the game is related to Java.
I thought that the server part of the game was written in Java, but why write to the server side of the game, if with C++ much faster?
Old 10/16/2017, 11:21   #2

Received Thanks: 1,154
The fastest isn't the best. Also, java isn't slow.
Old 10/16/2017, 11:32   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by manulaiko3.0 View Post
The fastest isn't the best. Also, java isn't slow.
not slow, but can wait for gigabytes of RAM, even with c# not so much RAM is eating. In addition, there is a python, node.js, D.
and when it comes to a multiplayer game, where online from 1000 players, it's smarter for me to still use C++ because Java will consume much more operational, and C++ will have more speed, especially when working with arrays.
Old 10/16/2017, 11:58   #4

как сказал однажды блэк хаос, на с++ можно написать 10 вариантов программы, все скомпилируются, но работать ни один не будет
Old 10/16/2017, 12:05   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokovl View Post
как сказал однажды блэк хаос, на с++ можно написать 10 вариантов программы, все скомпилируются, но работать ни один не будет
ну это уже от рукожопости зависит, бп в данном случае рукожопы, раз удумали писать серверную часть на java, других языков дохера, а они джаваааааа, долбоебы.
Old 10/16/2017, 12:09   #6

зря, ява рулит, как раз рукожопство приводит к незнанию явы, такую книжку выучишь,, может поймёшь, что ява нормальный язык, или перейти на хтмл5

Thanks
1 User
Old 10/16/2017, 12:14   #7

Quote:
зря, ява рулит, как раз рукожопство приводит к незнанию явы, такую книжку выучишь,, может поймёшь, что ява нормальный язык, или перейти на хтмл5

нафиг, как не любил джаву так и не люблю, пусть сначала сборщик мусора нормальный завезут а потом уже подумаем о ней.
мне пока и c# норм, да, те же яйца но в профиль, но все равно мне проще пока на нем что-то делать.
Ну а срача насчет С# и java может быть куча.
Old 10/16/2017, 12:21   #8

elite*gold: 3
The Black Market: 113/0/0
Received Thanks: 1,813
gawariti na angliskom isikom
Old 10/16/2017, 13:36   #9

Received Thanks: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleg-19952008 View Post
not slow, but can wait for gigabytes of RAM, even with c# not so much RAM is eating. In addition, there is a python, node.js, D.
and when it comes to a multiplayer game, where online from 1000 players, it's smarter for me to still use C++ because Java will consume much more operational, and C++ will have more speed, especially when working with arrays.
Java is a very good language. Well, your apps will eat gigabytes of RAM, if you don't optimize them good. No matter what language you use.

Quote:

Do people use books for learning programming nowadays? I learned almost everything without 'em (have read 100 pages of some intro to c# book). And Visual J++ was a joke, seriously.

Nice setup btw.
Old 10/16/2017, 13:56   #10

Java is awesome.

I have started programming from it and when I met c++ the first impression was: whats a ****.
C++ as I think absolutely sucks now for large projects, because brings you a bunch of problems, that Java don`t.

Best example - for Java it`s enough one book with language description and best practices. For C++ you need tons of literature that describes what you should not to do.
Also Java is not slow. Android running on it and it works enough faster.
It can be slow if you don`t understand how works some things.

About C# - it`s tied with Windows

So in my opinion Java is the best language today if you want just do something serious without hustle.

And yeah, books is really useless at the beginning. All what you wan`t you can find using google and it`s much faster. But when you have some skill it`s necessary to dive deeper into the language for better understanding and for that some books is good.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/16/2017, 14:08   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimerOK View Post
Java is awesome.

I have started programming from it and when I met c++ the first impression was: whats a ****.
C++ as I think absolutely sucks now for large projects, because brings you a bunch of problems, that Java don`t.

Best example - for Java it`s enough one book with language description and best practices. For C++ you need tons of literature that describes what you should not to do.
Also Java is not slow. Android running on it and it works enough faster.
It can be slow if you don`t understand how works some things.

About C# - it`s tied with Windows

So in my opinion Java is the best language today if you want just do something serious without hustle.

And yeah, books is really useless at the beginning. All what you wan`t you can find using google and it`s much faster. But when you have some skill it`s necessary to dive deeper into the language for better understanding and for that some books is good.
.net is open source, now it is quite possible to run some kind of project without edits in the code under Linux.
Old 10/16/2017, 14:40   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshek View Post
Do people use books for learning programming nowadays
Nice setup btw.
книги, лучший учитель, я посмотрю как ты будешь писать серьёзный проект, и листать одновременно окна с компилятором и страници в интернете с мануалом по языку))
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/16/2017, 14:40   #13

Received Thanks: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleg-19952008 View Post
.net is open source, now it is quite possible to run some kind of project without edits in the code under Linux.
NET core? It's still just a small part of the whole .NET Framework. Mono still beats it in many aspects. The truth is that you can't create .NET apps on Linux. No matter what.

Quote:
книги, лучший учитель, я посмотрю как ты будешь писать серьёзный проект, и листать одновременно окна с компилятором и страници в интернете с мануалом по языку))
あれは英語のフォーラムです。英語はできますか?
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/16/2017, 14:53   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshek View Post
あれは英語のフォーラム。英語はできますか?

all work

Thanks
1 User
Old 10/16/2017, 17:48   #15

Vokovl, I know you a lot of time. But im very sad how you behave now. Its totally looks like you showing off (выпендриваешься)

Its an english speaking forum in most. Yes, you can write something to other russians in native language. But topic after it looks broken for foreigners. And its a pick of disrespect when you answer somebody in different language. Like "Im too busy to translate it, do it yourself *******".
I`m ashamed for your behavior

About your booklove - what is the most serious project did you make?
Thanks
2 Users