Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 19:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Twitch stream summary #24

Discussion on Twitch stream summary #24 within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 17
Received Thanks: 1,737
Twitch stream summary #23

Ive made a summary of todays SoonOrbit twitch stream

In nutshell:
Baracus talking, OP playing.
Everything's gonna be "soon" or "after server merges".
They released first alpha version of the client.
They work actively on server merges and fixing hangar and connection issues.
More info should come in September.
There will be more info about handling bots in 1-1,5 months as well.
More info about smaller topics and answers to questions can be found in full summary.

Full summary:
  • They are currently testing new chat which should have some more features and get rid of random bans and IP bans
  • GalaxyGate lifes has been increased to 5 lifes instead of 3 lifes
  • Reduced price of GalaxyGate lifes -50% less
  • War now lasts 100 days instead of 10 days
  • Drones will not be possible to be destroyed anymore, it will be just inactive.
  • They working on a client so they can move to client when flash stops being supported.
  • Cyborg will get some fixes cuz there has been some bugs.
  • Theres some big rebalancing project/patch going by OP.
  • There will be a beta testing group made of few DO players.
  • There will be new NPCs, GGs and storylines.
  • They start working hard on server merges and client.
  • OP will design some event by himself only.
  • UBA is broken, its not priority to fix it for them.
  • They are testing server merge script to move players on servers.
  • 61 servers merged to 20 servers, should be sorted by languages and timezones.
  • They trying to fix connection issues.

• Hangar issues are caused by database errors because of 2much data which has to be checked.
    They working on a fix actively.
    **note: I think they want to stack items so it loads faster and dont have to load so much data.
  • Browser version will be available even when the client is there as long as its possible and useful.
  • Yet the client works only with Windows, maybe they will do something for Mac but not now.
  • Bots:
    There should be more news in 1 month - 1,5 month about bots.
    Seems like they gonna do some actions agains bots in the near future.
  • Moth formation will be "balanced" (reduced the %)
  • Admins arent alowed to shoot players on normal servers.
  • Testing group:
    There will be an application form you will fill with infos to join "soon".
    Only requirement: Have an DO account and play fairly regularly, know English or use google translate.
    The application process should start next week.

• You can visit them in Hamburg and Baracus will drink a beer with u and go on a lunch and u can talk with em,
    they told they are opened to players to visit them but they cant let them into the main headquarter.
  • CBS base prices are still wrong on few servers so that should get fixed.
  • No BO3 shields coming up :c
  • No skylab/seprom upgrade or updates, maybe after server merges.

• There should be more info about when server merges will come in September.
    Not even DO team know what time server merges will come live yet.
    Testing timeline of server merges is untill September.
    Server merges wont be in September but later tho.
  • Nerfing Tartarus will come as well with much more balancing stuff.
  • PVP will again become more important with server merges by the time.
  • Rank/leaderboard system:
    Old one system will not go away but
    There will be another 1 running dynamic paralel system with different scores.
    When: "Soon" (After server merges).
  • Building GGs in crafting/assembly might become a thing one time (after server merges).
    It hasnt been discussed much and is not a priority for them yet.
  • Skill tree might have some "good" changes/upgrades one time but not in near future, far in future.
  • No more features and implementions for "revenue only" they want to make everything useful not put useless things into the game.
  • Save ship configurations should be possible but later, they want it implemented in game a lot and should come.
  • Merges and client should solve some bugs and issues.
  • Scrap in shop and Rsb in assembly - no info when or if it will come again yet but there should be way more ways to get it.
  • They want us to leave a feedback in the anonymous community feedback
    link:
  • They wanna make more ways to gain each item and rare items in game but they dont want to make too many ways cuz that would loose the value of the items.
  • They have to take care about game economy with every step they do.
  • Cubikon respawn time should be reduced or there should be more cubes, when the server merge come, 5 minutes for cubikon spawn is too long.
  • Psycondric is not working in DO team anymore as he used to :c
  • There will be some 1v1, 3v3 and 5v5 arenas but they need to make it fair which needs a lot of effort and time.
  • PET attack event is coming back again but is couple months far.
  • There should be a change about test servers:
    They will give items that are important for the test on the accounts but once testing is done the acc equipment/acc will be deleted
    so it doesnt make much mess with 2many pointless items,
    this way there will also be more focus on the real thing that needs to be tested and not just people who want to fly on UFE ship with no testing.
  • Its annoying for them when people go on test server and do GalaxyGates instead of testing things.
  • New player experience is horrible (Baracus and OPs word), they want to change it and make it more friendly and easier for new users (after server merge).
  • There might be some more assembly/crafting things connected with logfiles/logdiscs.
  • Client is pretty smooth, 0 lag for whole hour OP playing.

Regards , epete
Thanks
21 Users
Old 08/03/2017, 07:38   #2

elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 236/0/0
Received Thanks: 1,570
Quote:
Reduced price of GalaxyGate lifes -50% less
I don't get it.
EDIT: Ok now i understand.
Thanks epete
Old 08/03/2017, 11:04   #3

elite*gold: 331
They said you can make your own Notice about Server merges
Im So sure that it gonna be like that:
ge 1-7, ga 1-5, ger 1-7 and all the other servers with the same language merged together.
For example British 1-2 turkey 1-7.
In the end they have exactly 18 Servers if they do it like that and 2 Test Servers= 20 Servers= Server Merge depens on Country/Region.

Funny thing is about hungary 1 it only has 1 server idk how they will handle it or keep it like it is.
Old 08/03/2017, 12:02   #4

The future is comming up, #godob
Old 08/03/2017, 14:33   #5

thanks for this .
Old 08/03/2017, 16:41   #6

Received Thanks: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by epete View Post
[I][*]Yet the client works only with Windows, maybe they will do something for Mac but not now.
Another Adobe-like company. People that use Linux won't be able to play DarkOrbit. Good job BP, you just made sure I won't play your game anymore! (last hope in Wine)
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/04/2017, 21:08   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshek View Post
Another Adobe-like company. People that use Linux won't be able to play DarkOrbit. Good job BP, you just made sure I won't play your game anymore! (last hope in Wine)
Nah, their client just looks like a browser wrapper with flash, just make sure you find a browser that supports flash and you are good to go
Old 08/04/2017, 21:45   #8

Received Thanks: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by -popcorn- View Post
Nah, their client just looks like a browser wrapper with flash, just make sure you find a browser that supports flash and you are good to go
The client is just a browser that downloads the files when it's installed instead of downloading them when needed. If it's true that they're making the client because flash getting discontinued they'll have to make one from 0 and get rid of InjectedObfuscation.
Old 08/04/2017, 22:28   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by manulaiko3.0 View Post
The client is just a browser that downloads the files when it's installed instead of downloading them when needed. If it's true that they're making the client because flash getting discontinued they'll have to make one from 0 and get rid of InjectedObfuscation.
well yeah, but their deadline for flash being discontinued is 2020, and that's just it no longer being developed, i'm pretty sure they won't "desperately need" a client that doesn't use flash until 2021, being them, 2025
Old 08/04/2017, 23:07   #10

Received Thanks: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by -popcorn- View Post
well yeah, but their deadline for flash being discontinued is 2020, and that's just it no longer being developed, i'm pretty sure they won't "desperately need" a client that doesn't use flash until 2021, being them, 2025
But now that they have the oportunity they could take advantage of it to fix all legacy bugs and spagetti code that is build on top of old code (*cough* Legacy Module *cough*) and make a clean, concise and optimized client with the latest available technology.

There are tones of game engines out there that would allow a big company such as BP have a working client in a month or less. And if they used LibGDX it would be available for all platforms, Linux, Macinto$h, Winshit, Android, iOS and HTML5.

But hey! It's worth sacrifying quality of the final product for not having to deal with deadlines.
Old 08/05/2017, 18:34   #11

Will the browser version will be not able to use? I mean in the future you can only use client verion?
Thanks for your reply.
Old 08/05/2017, 19:57   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petyaking2 View Post
Will the browser version will be not able to use? I mean in the future you can only use client verion?
Thanks for your reply.
I think I wrote that in my summary if you read it closely, on start they want to keep both browser and client version and then if client will be better and more used and browser will be "dead" they will kill browser and only move to client but for start they want to use browser + client as long as its needed, possible and useful for them.
Old 08/05/2017, 20:30   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by epete View Post
I think I wrote that in my summary if you read it closely, on start they want to keep both browser and client version and then if client will be better and more used and browser will be "dead" they will kill browser and only move to client but for start they want to use browser + client as long as its needed, possible and useful for them.
Rip candybot :c
Old 08/08/2017, 09:45   #14

For all the copy pasters: If you copy my summary at least add the link of this thread as a source

Ive seen this summary copied on multiple sites and discords now also on epvp so at least add a source.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/08/2017, 20:34   #15

This game has been dead for years anyway, stop playing already

Tags
news, soonorbit, stream, summary, twitch