Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 10:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Dark Orbit Old Client - Returning?

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Dark Orbit Old Client - Returning?

Hello everyone.
I was recently talking to one of the chat moderators on the danish chat, and I was asking him about the old client and why Big Point isn't bringing it back. He actually came with some pretty solid answers, and we then came on the topic of DADG. DADG did a huge in pack on Big Point but they wasn't willing to listen because the peoples opinions were spread out in different ways.

I then asked about if a huge amount of people were giving their signature (you know that site where you can sign online, forgot the name) and he said that it would be possible - IF the amount were big enough.

What proof do I have?
I am willing to post the footage of the entire chat if necessary. However it's written in danish. The chat moderator was only available to give me this kind of information because he got it from the German team? Or something in the line of that.

Is this something that I should continue with and possibly setting this thing up so we can have our last shot at bringing back the old client?
Let me know if it's a stupid idea or not.

Old 06/22/2013, 01:32   #2

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,618
Our last shot at bringing back the old client is dead on darkorbit servers.
But check this:

Old 06/22/2013, 01:32   #3

Post the screens please
Old 06/22/2013, 01:36   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd26 View Post
Our last shot at bringing back the old client is dead on darkorbit servers.
But check this:
I did see the topic, but it's a private server.
I'm talking about bringing back the real one from Big Point.

Old 06/22/2013, 01:49   #5

Try it! I will give you my voice!
#oldclientwassofucki*gawesome!
Old 06/22/2013, 02:01   #6

The old client will never come back, regardless of how many signatures you get.

If that CM said that it was possible, he's either an idiot or lying to you. Remember, a chat mod's job is to moderate the chat, NOT discuss what the development division of Dark Orbit is doing. If they were telling you that it was possible, they were out of line, and should not have been doing so.

The old client is dead for a reason, sephiroth told me they couldn't add many new features to the client because it wasn't object-oriented and so instead of trying to work around all of that, they decided to scrap the whole thing and make a new client.

YES, the game was better when the old client existed, but NO, it will not be coming back for any reason.
Old 06/22/2013, 02:16   #7

As I said he got the information from some other people in Germany.
If DADG had a huge impact on them but didnt proceed because of different opinions then why should this not proceed? Changes are small, but ...
Old 06/22/2013, 02:25   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAttackMaster View Post
As I said he got the information from some other people in Germany.
If DADG had a huge impact on them but didnt proceed because of different opinions then why should this not proceed? Changes are small, but ...
It won't proceed because it would be throwing away 4 years of hard work
Old 07/23/2013, 19:04   #9

elite*gold: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastianwolf View Post
The old client will never come back, regardless of how many signatures you get.

If that CM said that it was possible, he's either an idiot or lying to you. Remember, a chat mod's job is to moderate the chat, NOT discuss what the development division of Dark Orbit is doing. If they were telling you that it was possible, they were out of line, and should not have been doing so.

The old client is dead for a reason, sephiroth told me they couldn't add many new features to the client because it wasn't object-oriented and so instead of trying to work around all of that, they decided to scrap the whole thing and make a new client.

YES, the game was better when the old client existed, but NO, it will not be coming back for any reason.
but can you tell me who the hell said they must still put there NEW and NEW and NEW things? i am 100% content with x4, smb, ish and rockets and goli and irises. I am sure that thick lasers and shield-bubble can work on old client, too.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/23/2013, 19:08   #10

old client will not come back,look at uri wars(okay it wasnt old client but its down)
Old 07/23/2013, 19:11   #11

Man the actuall client is good enough man,don´t cry for old client.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/23/2013, 19:21   #12

they wouldn't bring back the old after all the time they spent on the new, and they don't listen to what players want.
Old 07/23/2013, 19:55   #13

elite*gold: 2
The Black Market: 154/0/0
Received Thanks: 4,406
#closed

Closed Thread

« [BP give us all HEADSHOT] | AutoLock by Requi »