Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 02:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

If your client is fucked up...

Discussion on If your client is fucked up... within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
If the file Conquer is defect (by some pvper who thinks he is funny posting some non-working app for example), you should do the following:

1) Open <CO2-directory>&#092;version.dat in notepad or a hex editor or whatever and change the value to 4311 (well this is untill the next large update).
2) Now start AutoPatch.exe.
3) A "patch" will be downloaded and all files will be extracted on the right places, overwriting your corrupt versions.

MIND: Not all files will be recovered, so your client may still not function as it should, but it is a start, and you can try this to not have to redownload the whole game.

I know this is not too usefull and most of you will know this, but I fixed it and I thought: "Let's make this a post ^^"
Old 06/24/2006, 20:15   #2

Although this is a neat trick, really what you should be doing is creating a backup copy. Copy the directory "X:&#092;Program Files&#092;Conquer 2.0" to something like "X:&#092;Program Files&#092;Conquer 2.1" Then make a link to "Conquer 2.1&#092;Conquer.exe" with blacknull as an option in the shortcut. Then when you want to use a cheating account, just double click that link. This way if you screw-up any of your files, (since it usually tells you what died) you can just go to your original Conquer folder and copy over the recently deceased file.
Old 06/28/2006, 19:03   #3

Problem is, that people won't have any problems until they start a bad app or something.
This will at least save their main game exe (alrgest *n00b* target).