Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server > CO2 PServer Guides & Releases
You last visited: Today at 11:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Comet, Open Source Server (Multiple Patches)

Discussion on Comet, Open Source Server (Multiple Patches) within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old 12/08/2018, 13:19   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
I'm confused, is this a question about my source or something else?
No, as I said it is not about this exact source i am using cops v6 and I saw your knowledge on this forum so i posted the question here
Old 12/08/2018, 18:10   #17

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrej12 View Post
No, as I said it is not about this exact source i am using cops v6 and I saw your knowledge on this forum so i posted the question here
Yeah, don't do that. It's just confusing and creating spam for people who might read this in the future with a problem that is related to this source. Plus, I'm not the only member in this community that answers questions. Please create a separate thread.
Old 12/18/2018, 14:07   #18

I have followed the instructions provided in your gitlab repo but is it likely to have only this when you build the project?

and also I can't login my account. I already put my external IP in server.dat and it didn't logged me in also I don't see any changes in Comet, Account Server Console.

Thanks!
Old 12/18/2018, 17:45   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by internet33 View Post
I have followed the instructions provided in your gitlab repo but is it likely to have only this when you build the project?

and also I can't login my account. I already put my external IP in server.dat and it didn't logged me in also I don't see any changes in Comet, Account Server Console.

Thanks!
You'll need to provide way more details than that if you expect help. Right now, all I know is that you're having a hard time getting it to work, and that's it. You're running the game server, too, right?
Old 12/19/2018, 04:23   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
You'll need to provide way more details than that if you expect help. Right now, all I know is that you're having a hard time getting it to work, and that's it. You're running the game server, too, right?
I just pressed build in my Visual Studio and I only got Account Server Console running.
Also, is it okay to put my external IP to the client without port forward? I manage to port forward in my router but when I check it, it seems like it's not working. I forwarded 5816 and 5817. I even include 9958.

Please help me how to make my Game Server running maybe this is the reason why I can't login my account. Thanks!
Old 12/19/2018, 07:00   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by internet33 View Post
I just pressed build in my Visual Studio and I only got Account Server Console running.
Also, is it okay to put my external IP to the client without port forward? I manage to port forward in my router but when I check it, it seems like it's not working. I forwarded 5816 and 5817. I even include 9958.

Please help me how to make my Game Server running maybe this is the reason why I can't login my account. Thanks!
I only have the project configured for Visual Studio Code. You can use Visual Studio, but you'll need to setup your startup projects to include both the Account server and Game server. I kinda assumed that if you were taking on a game server project in C#, that you'd know how to build a C# project, so let me know if you have questions with that. Should be Google-able though? If you want to use your external IP address on a home network, then you'll likely have to do port forwarding. Ports look good though, all but one. You'll need 5816 and 9958. Don't forward port 5817.
Old 01/11/2019, 15:50   #22

Good day Spirited, I followed your guide, portforwarded 5816 and 9958, and used my external IP, but what I get some errors regarding Socket or Ip Address. Maybe I did something wrong, been trying to get it work, but didn't get it right. May I ask for your help and tell me what did I do wrong. Thank you.
Old 06/15/2019, 04:41   #23

can we have cast5 cipher that works with .net core (this source) by any chance
Old 06/15/2019, 05:09   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin22 View Post
can we have cast5 cipher that works with .net core (this source) by any chance
Considering this source is for patch 5017... and CAST5 was added in patch 5509... no. Feel free to upgrade the source as much as you want, but I'm not going to add something complete irrelevant to the project... You should instead look at the development wiki...
Old 06/19/2019, 18:25   #25

thank you so much for this.
Old 08/09/2019, 03:28   #26

what do you name the database's?
Old 08/09/2019, 10:03   #27

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompacticCo View Post
The name doesn't matter, as long you point it towards the right database in the configuration.
Old 08/10/2019, 04:14   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompacticCo View Post
They're in the readme document... they're in the code... they're in the names of the SQL dumps... they're in the SQL dumps... come on, man.
Old 08/14/2019, 04:27   #29

Must I always run it using Visual studio? Just that I noticed there doesn't seem to be any .exe built? Regardless it's nice and simple
Old 08/14/2019, 05:04   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by denominator View Post
Must I always run it using Visual studio? Just that I noticed there doesn't seem to be any .exe built? Regardless it's nice and simple
You can edit the code using whichever text editor you like. That can be Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Notepad, Notepad++, Vim, etc. The project is configured for Visual Studio Code right out of the gate, but you just have to run the commands "dotnet build" and "dotnet run" to build and run the servers. For example:

Code:
cd comet
dotnet build
dotnet run --project src/Comet.Account
dotnet run --project src/Comet.Game
Regarding the lack of an exe file, that's a good observation. This source is written in .NET Core, not .NET Framework. Instead of creating a Windows PE file (exe), it creates a shared DLL file that can be hot loaded with all the cross-platform code. That's why you have to run it through the dotnet command.
Thanks
1 User