Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 01:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[RELEASE] SandRaider NPC

Discussion on [RELEASE] SandRaider NPC within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old 02/11/2010, 09:55   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Code:
#region SandRaider
                            case 123321:
                                {
                                    if (Control == 0)
                                    {
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCSay("Welcome, Here I sell SandRaider Garment!"));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("Cool let me in.", 1));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("Haa Ok Then", 255));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCSetFace(N.Avatar));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCFinish());
                                    }
                                    else if (Control == 1)
                                    {
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCSay("Are you interested?"));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("SandRaider", 2));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("No, thanks.", 255));
                                    }
                                    else if (Control == 2)
                                    {
                                        GC.MyChar.AddItem(183305, 7);
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCSay("Here you are."));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("Thanks.", 255));
                                    }
                                    return;
                                }
#endregion
That would be even better, because it would atually work....and is more efficient.
how would that be better and efficient? Hes trying to make a NPC to sell it, that what you did is giving it out for free?
Old 02/11/2010, 12:13   #17

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Arco View Post
Why return instead of break?
If you break then you end that case, and the thread will continue to do whatever is after the switch, if anything, which is pointless really, if you use return then the thread returns from the method completely, instead of spending cpu time checking to see if it needs to do more work.

@DontLookDown:

I was fixing .Arco's completely broken npc which he posted.
Old 02/11/2010, 14:51   #18

Thanks everyone, this is my first NPC so I hope you like it!
Old 02/11/2010, 15:42   #19

Nice,
but not much of a helpfull release since u need more than an npc with the item that is not implemented yet for people that do not have it u need more than that u need dds files like ItemMinIcon,MapItemIcon,texture & console scripts for items in ini and the txt files.
ex:
Code:
183305 SandRaider 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 65535 65535 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 00 00 2 2 1 675 0 Garment Fixed. 8
my problem is that i do not have the dds files because i havent been on real co since the release of 1.0

this is the npc i would use if it worked but then this item might not work 4 ervery1
Code:
                            #region SandRaider Garment 2soc -1 Seller SDG & SPG
                            case 666113:
                                {
                                    if (Control == 0)
                                    {
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCSay("Are you interested in this 2soc -1 SDG or SPG SandRaider Garment for 5kkCps?"));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("SDG SandRaider", 1));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("SPG SandRaider", 2));
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("No, thanks.", 255));
                                    }
                                    else if (GC.MyChar.Inventory.Count < 40)
                                    {
                                        if (Control == 1)
                                        {
                                            if (GC.MyChar.CPs >= 5000000)
                                            {
                                                GC.MyChar.CPs -= 5000000;
                                                GC.MyChar.AddItem(183305, 0, 0, 1, Game.Item.Gem.SuperDragonGem, Game.Item.Gem.SuperDragonGem);// NormalGoodLuck1

}
                                            else
                                            {
                                                GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCSay("You don't have enough CPs, they cost 5kk each now come on!."));
                                                GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCLink("I see.", 255));
                                            }
                                        }
                                        if (Control == 2)
                                        {
                                            if (GC.MyChar.CPs >= 5000000)
                                            {
                                                GC.MyChar.CPs -= 5000000;
                                                GC.MyChar.AddItem(183305, 0, 0, 1, Game.Item.Gem.SuperPhoenixGem, Game.Item.Gem.SuperPhoenixGem);// NormalGoodLuck1

}
                                            else
                                            {
                                                GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCSay("You don't have enough CPs, they cost 5kk each now come on!."));
                                            }
                                        }

}
                                    else
                                    {
                                        GC.AddSend(Packets.NPCSay("Your inventory is full."));
                                    }
                                    break;
                                }
                                #endregion
Old 02/11/2010, 18:51   #20

Well them files have already been released so I don't need to put them on my thread.
If people got them files, then they can use my NPC.
If they don't, well, that's there fault.
Old 02/12/2010, 06:20   #21

Received Thanks: 5,291
Quote:
If you break then you end that case, and the thread will continue to do whatever is after the switch, if anything, which is pointless really, if you use return then the thread returns from the method completely, instead of spending cpu time checking to see if it needs to do more work.

@DontLookDown:

I was fixing .Arco's completely broken npc which he posted.
Ah so in all retrospect, I should go through all the cases in the source and end them with return rather than break?
Old 02/12/2010, 10:10   #22

Correct.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/12/2010, 20:47   #23

Nice job
Got a lil idea for you

Try making a new shop adding new garments from the official co
would be cool
Again
Nice job and keep up the good work
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/13/2010, 00:07   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Arco View Post
Ah so in all retrospect, I should go through all the cases in the source and end them with return rather than break?
If your worried about performance at all though you should also apply this to your chat commands, because atleast the npc dialogs are a switch, where as commands are not, however you can change commands over to be a switch aswell, its very simple to do.
Old 02/13/2010, 00:10   #25

Received Thanks: 5,291
Quote:
If your worried about performance at all though you should also apply this to your chat commands, because atleast the npc dialogs are a switch, where as commands are not, however you can change commands over to be a switch aswell, its very simple to do.
Well item uses are a switch so should I not use the return?
Old 02/13/2010, 00:24   #26

Depends if theres processing to be done after the switch.