Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

COPS v6 - F.A.Q. & Bug-fixes

Discussion on COPS v6 - F.A.Q. & Bug-fixes within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old 02/16/2019, 11:09   #61

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexik View Post
I did everything okk. I saw also the video.. .. i start accserver and msgserver.. i got the message waiting for new connection..
but when i try to log in, i get this on AccServer

Msg[1086] not implemented yet!

This packet is used for the password seed generation and is usually implemented in later patches. Are you sure you are using the right client? As far as I remember COPSv6 is 5017.
Old 02/16/2019, 22:12   #62

elite*gold: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post

This packet is used for the password seed generation and is usually implemented in later patches. Are you sure you are using the right client? As far as I remember COPSv6 is 5017.
Yes it is 5017 indeed and he has to be using a newer client, no other explanation to it.
Old 06/08/2019, 11:43   #63

What's the command for adding an item, I've tried many syntaxes and nothing worked.
Old 01/10/2020, 04:54   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipquick View Post
I setup the server correctly and everything, but if I use my external ip (i have all ports fowarded), the farthest i get is making a character, then it just says failed id or password when i try to login. it lets me use my local ip and everything works fine, its just my external that messes with me.
When making the server file, I set the IP as my external. I also set the IP to my external ip in the msgserver xml. I've tried using my localip as well as my external ip in my cidloader, but it just wont work. im not sure what else to do. can someone help me
I'm not sure if anyone can help me out, but I am having a similar issue to this guy I quoted.

I can test the source myself and login just fine, but when my brother tries to connect from an external IP, he can't seem to get to the Game Server, however I see him make his account fine, and communicate with the Acc Server.

He says he hasn't seen the character creation screen once.

It worked like a charm for me, however I had connected from inside my network each time.

My thoughts were that maybe using my internal ip inside the xml configs wasn't going to work, I also double and triple checked all of my ports etc.

But no matter what combination of external vs internal IP's I can't seem to work it out, I have had my internal and external in the SVR file, and my internal/external inside of the msgserver.xml

As of now it is my internal IP inside of both of these files, which allows me to connect, and play just fine. Any help would be appreciated guys. Happy new year everyone!!
Old 01/10/2020, 08:32   #65

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKrantz View Post
I'm not sure if anyone can help me out, but I am having a similar issue to this guy I quoted.

I can test the source myself and login just fine, but when my brother tries to connect from an external IP, he can't seem to get to the Game Server, however I see him make his account fine, and communicate with the Acc Server.

He says he hasn't seen the character creation screen once.

It worked like a charm for me, however I had connected from inside my network each time.

My thoughts were that maybe using my internal ip inside the xml configs wasn't going to work, I also double and triple checked all of my ports etc.

But no matter what combination of external vs internal IP's I can't seem to work it out, I have had my internal and external in the SVR file, and my internal/external inside of the msgserver.xml

As of now it is my internal IP inside of both of these files, which allows me to connect, and play just fine. Any help would be appreciated guys. Happy new year everyone!!
You need to establish on your router. I recommend looking up a manual for your router. Login as an administrator and there should be settings in some advanced menu for setting what ports you want to expose on your external IP address and what internal IP address on your network they forward to. You should consider making your internal IP address static as well. There should be another menu for doing that. Happy New Year!
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/10/2020, 09:28   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
You need to establish on your router. I recommend looking up a manual for your router. Login as an administrator and there should be settings in some advanced menu for setting what ports you want to expose on your external IP address and what internal IP address on your network they forward to. You should consider making your internal IP address static as well. There should be another menu for doing that. Happy New Year!
Ports are most definitely open, even using different ports than normal. 5818 and 9960. I have added some images below. I was taking them when you replied. Please advise i'm truly frustrated with myself:P

Notes:I have tried on a separate machine within my network. I have tried the original ports that come with the server, which i also have opened. I get two different errors; unable to connect to game server when I use 10.0.0.x inside the svr file, and the one I posted above when I use 127.0.0.1 inside the SVR file. But on both of these scenarios, even an external connection can still communicate through my ports and prints to my accserver, everyone can even create accounts, just not characters. It's having an issue with just the msg server
Old 01/10/2020, 09:36   #67

Quote:
Ports are most definitely open, even using different ports than normal. 5818 and 9960. I have added some images below. I was taking them when you replied. Please advise i'm truly frustrated with myself:P

Note: this is 10.0.0.x not 127.0.0.1

What are you setting as the IP address that gets sent in MsgConnectEx?
Old 01/10/2020, 10:04   #68

Quote:
What are you setting as the IP address that gets sent in MsgConnectEx?
Not sure what you mean exactly. I assumed it tossed the IP's I configured in the xml and SVR files, but I will take a look in just a second see if I can figure out what you mean, I'm in the car. But on that note, I've done 10.0.0.*** 127.0.0.1 and my external IP all in the SVR file. I can communicate with the acc server no matter the way, so its something else

I remember MsgConnect.cs if thats what you're referring to, I was looking through the msgserver database folder, just to see if I could get a better idea of what was going on, and it seems like it makes it to MsgRegister.cs as it prints what I was reading in the server console window, and they are able to actually make new accounts, insinuating it has actually already talked with the msgserver.

I wish I was better at this:P Stumbling my way through. Thanks for the help man
Old 01/10/2020, 18:32   #69

Quote:
Not sure what you mean exactly. I assumed it tossed the IP's I configured in the xml and SVR files, but I will take a look in just a second see if I can figure out what you mean, I'm in the car. But on that note, I've done 10.0.0.*** 127.0.0.1 and my external IP all in the SVR file. I can communicate with the acc server no matter the way, so its something else

I remember MsgConnect.cs if thats what you're referring to, I was looking through the msgserver database folder, just to see if I could get a better idea of what was going on, and it seems like it makes it to MsgRegister.cs as it prints what I was reading in the server console window, and they are able to actually make new accounts, insinuating it has actually already talked with the msgserver.

I wish I was better at this:P Stumbling my way through. Thanks for the help man
Conquer Online has two connection states. When it first connects, it connects on the account server port (9958-9960). When the account server has authenticated the player, it then sends a packet called which contains the IP address and port of the game server (5816). These values usually come from the database since there can be multiple game servers to route the player to. When the client receives MsgConnectEx, it disconnects from the account server and reconnects on that IP and port. If it's not external, then you won't be able to connect.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/11/2020, 19:36   #70

Quote:
Conquer Online has two connection states. When it first connects, it connects on the account server port (9958-9960). When the account server has authenticated the player, it then sends a packet called which contains the IP address and port of the game server (5816). These values usually come from the database since there can be multiple game servers to route the player to. When the client receives MsgConnectEx, it disconnects from the account server and reconnects on that IP and port. If it's not external, then you won't be able to connect.
Thanks for that @, I will take another swing at it when I get off work.

Read, read, read. Never give up;P
Old 04/22/2020, 22:52   #71

I've just started with this source and I have to say, its a damm nice base.

Just wanted to post my thanks really

Tip: If you encounter a client crash when attacking exceptionally large groups of mobs, think about packet transmit length from server to client
Old 04/22/2020, 23:45   #72

Whenever I use launcher, it says to use play.exe but play.exe gives me server.dat error. Only solution I've seen is CID (Can't find a link)

Is there a method I'm not seeing? Done everything in this guide.
Old 04/23/2020, 00:58   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimreaper5325 View Post
Whenever I use launcher, it says to use play.exe but play.exe gives me server.dat error. Only solution I've seen is CID (Can't find a link)

Is there a method I'm not seeing? Done everything in this guide.

Take a look at:

All of the information you need has been asked in this thread and that thread.
Old 04/23/2020, 01:08   #74

I found the launcher but now I'm getting the "connecting failed due to server maintenance or internet congestion, despite the host computer being on a DMZ.
Old 04/23/2020, 01:16   #75

You can't use loopback addresses. Hamachi included. Also you can't send back loopback addresses on MsgConnectEx.
Thanks
1 User

Tags
bug, cops v6, faq