Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

COPS v6 - F.A.Q. & Bug-fixes

Old 08/26/2015, 13:31   #46

elite*gold: 0
I setup the server correctly and everything, but if I use my external ip (i have all ports fowarded), the farthest i get is making a character, then it just says failed id or password when i try to login. it lets me use my local ip and everything works fine, its just my external that messes with me.
When making the server file, I set the IP as my external. I also set the IP to my external ip in the msgserver xml. I've tried using my localip as well as my external ip in my cidloader, but it just wont work. im not sure what else to do. can someone help me

Old 08/26/2015, 17:03   #47

Received Thanks: 1,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipquick View Post
I setup the server correctly and everything, but if I use my external ip (i have all ports fowarded), the farthest i get is making a character, then it just says failed id or password when i try to login. it lets me use my local ip and everything works fine, its just my external that messes with me.
When making the server file, I set the IP as my external. I also set the IP to my external ip in the msgserver xml. I've tried using my localip as well as my external ip in my cidloader, but it just wont work. im not sure what else to do. can someone help me
Do you remove the NEW from the account name when re-loging ?

Old 08/26/2015, 20:06   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSky View Post
Do you remove the NEW from the account name when re-loging ?
Yes sir I did. I did everything correct, I'm positive, its got to do with the ips. I set the server IP and the msgserver.XML IP to my external, then tried connecting with both local, and external from the client. I create a character, delete the NEW, and attempt to login, and it says invalid user and pass. Sometimes it tells me disconnected from the server too..I've tried different combinations like setting the server IP to external, and msgserver.XML to local, tried logging from client with both external and local, but it gives me the same problem..another thing, I turn on the server, create my character, try logging, it gives me that error, but if I try creating ANOTHER account with NEW right after, it won't let me, I'll have to exit the client completely then go back in if I wanna make a new acc

Old 09/07/2015, 14:45   #49

elite*gold: 130
Is there a way to change the monster's names back to the original ones? I am not able to find a way except of translating them manually in the Monster.txt file in Tools\Database\Database\In

Old 09/07/2015, 16:31   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterZ. View Post
Is there a way to change the monster's names back to the original ones? I am not able to find a way except of translating them manually in the Monster.txt file in Tools\Database\Database\In
You have to do it manually, or do a script that will map monster.dat files together and rewrite the file. Do it manually.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/08/2015, 17:45   #51

Can I ask you how you handle the GuildWar time?
That's your code:

and that's what I had planned to do but it's not working:
Any idea why this doesn't work?
And yeah, I am also having issues to figure out how to change the server's time showing on the top of the client...
Old 09/08/2015, 23:17   #52

Quote:
Can I ask you how you handle the GuildWar time?
That's your code:

and that's what I had planned to do but it's not working:
Any idea why this doesn't work?
And yeah, I am also having issues to figure out how to change the server's time showing on the top of the client...
My code activate the guild war every 2 hours. I can't remember the sleep time, but try to remove the Second validation. The resolution is not precise enough to make conditions for a specific second by memory (anyway InWar will avoid the trigger several times in the same minute).

And for the server's time. The client doesn't support it natively. Hook it or live with the non-synchronized time
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/09/2015, 04:26   #53

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,311
I want to say server timestamp was added around 5100 but I could be wrong on that.

It's definitely frustrating not being able to control it from server side
Old 09/09/2015, 12:13   #54

Alright figured out how to start the guildwar and all the other ****... by the way the uid of the pole was wrong as well as the uids of the gates but that's probably because you were using a completely different database/client
Old 09/10/2015, 02:17   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
I want to say server timestamp was added around 5100 but I could be wrong on that.

It's definitely frustrating not being able to control it from server side
I think it was before. At least, I implemented it in COPS v7 and think it is working

Quote:
Alright figured out how to start the guildwar and all the other ****... by the way the uid of the pole was wrong as well as the uids of the gates but that's probably because you were using a completely different database/client
The client was highly modified, so maybe Plus, the guild war was activated only near the end of the server as it was the city wars before.
Old 09/10/2015, 23:52   #56

If anyone is interested here is the translated Monster.txt.

Edit:
Would you mind helping me fixing the monsters only attacking you when you stand still?
If I attack a guard and jump around them they don't attack me. If I stand still for 2-3 seconds, they kill me. Same goes for the monsters. If I stand still next to them, they start moving towards me but if I keep jumping they don't even move. I have tried to change the AtkSpeed and MoveSpeed but that didn't help.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Monster.txt (37.8 KB, 39 views)
Old 09/14/2015, 23:00   #57

Quote:
If anyone is interested here is the translated Monster.txt.

Edit:
Would you mind helping me fixing the monsters only attacking you when you stand still?
If I attack a guard and jump around them they don't attack me. If I stand still for 2-3 seconds, they kill me. Same goes for the monsters. If I stand still next to them, they start moving towards me but if I keep jumping they don't even move. I have tried to change the AtkSpeed and MoveSpeed but that didn't help.
The AI system is ******. There is no direct fix.
Old 12/09/2015, 02:50   #58

elite*gold: 200
Been working in the source for a while now... It's being great to learn lots of stuff as I'm messing around with Redux as well..
I'll gladly post a few stuff I've fixed and perhaps share some doubts I haven't yet been able to figure out !

Tags
bug, cops v6, faq

« Video: How To Make Conquer Private Server + Source 6020 | Release - C# 4267 Source »