[Guide]How to set up a Private Server using KoS Source(Hamachi)
Discussion on [Guide]How to set up a Private Server using KoS Source(Hamachi) within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.
Ive set up the entire server.. but when I click the 'Listen' button, a error pops up?
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Int16.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Convert.ToInt16(String value)
at TheCOServer.TheMain.TheMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\Scott\My Documents\Downloads\4C\4C\TheMain.cs:line 584
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Yah, that's one of the things that bugged me was NPC's. Sure they were easy to add dialog and stuff too, but... Creating reuirements or rewards for stuff was limited to 1 option really.
What I mean by that is, I want to make a celestine NPC. I can only make 1 item required for making the celestial stone, regardless of whether or not I could make an amount of 1 specific item needed, still was rough. Or if I wanted a promo NPC, could only gain the job change as a reward, couldn't add an item as well.
I thought of going through it all and trying to remake the functions, but... I didn't know much about anything yet so... I left the source.
It does have great potential if you ask me though, runs extremely smooth, and with the right touchups, well... You get my drift.
I personally made a one color barber, look for it inside the npc dialog to have more than one reward =| ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicadeel
umm i got a question.
how to make monsters actully hit you?
And how to Edit Xp Rate and Prof RAte
read the full thread please, im trying to figure that out =p, one of the main coders for the source now, made a skeleton of the packet file... though it failed, we both believe it can be "persuaded" to work
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahanf
I have a source with working mobs anyone know where that data is written
usually Mobs.cs file.
ANNOUNCEMENT!
As you know, its December 1st... and i've said many ah times, "I will be building a team in December"
so here we are.
I need the following:
Assistant: I need someone who can really work without me, this is a hecktic moment for me atm, well for the next 3 weeks anyways... I have over 10 Performances I have to play at ⌐_⌐. This SINGLE person will basically take my place... while im still mainly in charge...
[Required: Someone who know basic programming, of at least- VB, C, C++, C# | Can be better than me, can be noobier than me. | Has to be a Kind social person, but who dosnt let people run over them. (you cant be a half good guy, and half ass hole like me =3)]
Programmers: Any experience welcomed... Lead Programmers will be picked later... I really would like people who will really get into this source and use this it. That way, there no "I dont want to do this"... or at least less of that.
Client Editors: I'm a nice guy, I would "eventually" <--- key word there like, to teach people how to add their own custom stuff to their game... to at least give them the ability to be different... be warned, there is no such thing as keeping your client edits secret... unless you really know how to hide them...
People who are against this, to back the **** off: Look, usually im an extremely nice guy... but i've learned that i cant be that way on EPvp. If you're against this project, thats cool, im not gona knock it towards ya... just dont go flamming crap...
(Honestly I know this isnt a real bbcode... although it'd make a good one O_o
[Flame]
-I've already told you that im not the one who coded this, i havnt "stole" anything, i've admitted im not that experienced in C#, im a VB user. This Guide is mine, If there is ANY crap saying this... it'll just prove that you're an idiotic newbie who cant do the simple task of reading a complete topic... Thank you, have a nice day =3- Zane Blalock-
[/Flame]
Ok... First make sure to get your IP and place it into your clients server.dat
Then go to bin/debug in the source folder, open server.ini, and put your ip in it aswell.
After that, click the .exe to start, press listen, and it should work. If You're not using hamachi, and have a router, you need to port forward.
Edit: I just did it, got no errors at all. so I wouldn't know what else to tell you if that doesn't work.
Edit 2: @Zane, this project sucks ***.... >< j/k, it really does look like it has potential.
What did you mean when you said you need a client editor? Like just skins, items edits, etc?
And who knows, maybe I'll put a bit of time into helping on this if you get a few people on the team. I still check Juki's forum time to time for activity on it, but never anything.
Mobs don't attack on this source yet, and it's not a simple case of just copying and pasting from another source. This one is written much different. As for help with this source... I know I have some txt files hiding somewhere on my computer in regards to the functions on this source. If I find them, I'll write up a few small tutorials on how to do stuff on it. I unlike many took the time to read through about 200 forum pages worth of info to figure out all the available options for this source, and how to change things in it. ><
Thanks, so can i count on you for joining the team?
and like i said, Tao did the skeleton for the mobs, it was the Lotf version, be he redid to try to work with the functions of this style... was that mob edit even in the source i uploaded? If so.... then i honestly uploaded the wrong one... if not, and you're talking about a different copy of a code part, then please do let me know what it is.
as for stiggydude, honestly i have no idea what the problem is... i've never seen any error like that before.
are you using vista? have you edited anything? Did you use the right IP, and did you change the port(you're not suppost to, if you didnt please dont try and change it).
Oops, Edit my post while you responded. Yah, perhaps I'll help if you get a few people on your team. Doesn't mean I'll ditch my current project, but I will do what I can.
I completely forgot about the fact that this source has issues with vista too. Been awhile.
But ya, everyone using vista complained about this source in old threads. Never worked for them.
I myself wouldn't know how. I know nothing about vista, I think I used it for maybe 2 hours since it was put on the market. Got sick of it and formatted computer.
XP user, never touched a Vista... i want a laptop vista but thats about it.
uhhh yea but its not gona work for vista... i think a few people got it to work using a converter or something...
as for Incariuz
yes i am aware that the source is really bad, but like you said, potential is obviously displayed here.
as for the client editor, yes thats exactly what im talking about. I knew only one guy who new how to litterly MAKE a weapon through editing the client... sadly he removed his guide before i could make my own personal copy... oh well.
and as for getting the team, i just started building today.
Sell Source Binary v3.5, The Strongest Source in the world of private server 03/20/2011 - Conquer Online 2 Trading - 3 Replies http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy253/aymanelkb er/vmwvhk.gif
Wolves Private Server
http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1258602276638.jpg
Some Info About Source
2- Full Transalite 100%
3- Reborn ( 1 , 2 , 3 , 4) With Ninja Full work 100%
4- Plus ( +1 To +20 )
[Guide] TQ Source For Hamachi Users! 02/09/2009 - CO2 PServer Guides & Releases - 10 Replies Im BRAZILIAN
Normal Guide: HERE!
the complete guide normal ... did not work?
Guide For Hamachi Users:
1] Download LOADER: