Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server > CO2 PServer Guides & Releases
You last visited: Today at 09:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide]How to set up a Private Server using KoS Source(Hamachi)

Discussion on [Guide]How to set up a Private Server using KoS Source(Hamachi) within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post [Guide]How to set up a Private Server using KoS Source(Hamachi)

Before I start, no this source wasnt made 100% by me... It was started by Hadeset, Moved to Samehvan, Moved to Gfun, and now its me. The Source you're receiving is the Public source... which is just Rev4C with minor edits."

This source works on the Clients of KoS, and QO(i'll upload QO client later)

Setting up the Server
Alright, Lets get this started, Download the Source here:

ALT Download

Now Download Hamachi (if you do not already have) at: . If thats not the site, yahoo "Hamachi"

After that, go to the file, double click (Yes im getting sorta detailed), and extract to where ever you'll remember...

Now you should see the folder named, "KoS Source[Publoc] A-1" Open it...
-Go into folder "bin", then "debug"-

Once there, find the file "server.dat" its just says "server" but its a .dat file.
Open it with NotePad... yes notepad, i dont use that other crap.

Find the IP area: [STOP]
-Now start your Hamachi if it isnt already-
The Ip of your hamachi (located at the top, yes the big @$$ white numbers) are what you want for the server.dat file's ip area.

LEAVE PORT ALONE!

Save the edits made, and now you're ready to start the server itself.

Find the file "TheCOServer" <--- this is an .Exe file, DO NOT CLICK "TheCOServer.vshost"... does you no good.

You're going to see a black window, this is called the "console application"... I think... DO NOT CLOSE THIS, OR THE SMALLER WINDOW THAT COMES UP!

in the small window, you'll see the text phrase "listening", once thats going, and the console application window says "Server started successfully", then the server is ON!

and my friends you're done!

Setting up Client/Getting People to Connect Online!
This is real easy. Download the KoS/QO Client, and then go into the main folder... thats just the folder itself... look for "Server.dat" it just says "server" but again its a .dat file BUT IN THE CLIENT FOLDER! and make sure the IP is your hamachi's IP.

Distribute to your friend and you're done.

Making Accounts
To create an account through the hoster, have the hoster go into the source folder, Bin, Debug, and have him find the file "AccountCreator".

Once the account is created, give the user name to the RIGHT PERSON, and have them type in the username, and type in "ANY" password they want, NOTE! the password is set only once! dont forget it!

If you're trying to make an account on your own, simply type NEW before your account name and then password... heres an example

Username: NEWtopfber
Password: iamfb

Then click enter... you'll get a "can not connect" thats GOOD

then once brought back to the main page of the client, simply remove NEW from the account name and it'll work. Example:

Username: topfber
password: iamfb

As you can see all i did was these steps
1.) type NEW and then my user name and password
2.) click enter, click ok to the message
3.) REMOVE NEW from username, and then click enter
4.) play and pwn

[Coming Soon]
uhhh, im going to most likely add how to edit the source, to get newbs (not noobs) started. Also going to show how to edit the NPC's PROPERLY. Uhhh may add how to properly act as a Hoster, and a GM.

-I have a life, i wont be working on the source 24/7. Thats why i'm making a team... Want more stuff added faster? Join the team, pick up a learning book, learn and code with us ⌐_⌐- note, i'm not lazy... I just honestly enough HAVE A LIFE, that and CZZC has bigger projects than coding a source...
Have a nice... THIS WILL HELP, and i will update often... atleast once a week when i have something to add.

Commands that I know of, Some may not work due to my memory loss on the version of this source =3

NOTE!: There is a .txt file somewhere in that source, it gives some commands and information, and has been updated twice by me... so for things i cant remember for the commands below, please look for that .txt file.
Code:
/prof sword 20  (ect. if the weapon name still dosnt work, like "/prof wand 20" try "/prof Wand 20"

/skill fb
/skill ss
/skill tornado
/skill scatter

/job 15 = Trojan
/job 25 = Warrior
/job 45... i think = archer
/job 145 = Fire
... i 4get water lol...

/gm message
/hp

/item item name 7 9 7 255 13 13 ... something like this, mess around with it (im positive that this is in that .txt file) [for gamrents the 1st number after name needs to be 1]

/scroll tc
/scroll am
/scroll ma
/scroll pc
ect.

================================================
New, Added "December 1st 2008"
================================================

ANNOUNCEMENT!

As you know, its December 1st... and i've said many ah times, "I will be building a team in December"

so here we are.

I need the following:

Assistant: I need someone who can really work without me, this is a hecktic moment for me atm, well for the next 3 weeks anyways... I have over 10 Performances I have to play at ⌐_⌐. This SINGLE person will basically take my place... while im still mainly in charge...
[Required: Someone who know basic programming, of at least- VB, C, C++, C# | Can be better than me, can be noobier than me. | Has to be a Kind social person, but who dosnt let people run over them. (you cant be a half good guy, and half ass hole like me =3)]

Programmers: Any experience welcomed... Lead Programmers will be picked later... I really would like people who will really get into this source and use this it. That way, there no "I dont want to do this"... or at least less of that.

Client Editors: I'm a nice guy, I would "eventually" <--- key word there like, to teach people how to add their own custom stuff to their game... to at least give them the ability to be different... be warned, there is no such thing as keeping your client edits secret... unless you really know how to hide them...

People who are against this, to back the **** off: Look, usually im an extremely nice guy... but i've learned that i cant be that way on EPvp. If you're against this project, thats cool, im not gona knock it towards ya... just dont go flamming crap...

(Honestly I know this isnt a real bbcode... although it'd make a good one O_o
[Flame]
-I've already told you that im not the one who coded this, i havnt "stole" anything, i've admitted im not that experienced in C#, im a VB user. This Guide is mine, If there is ANY crap saying this... it'll just prove that you're an idiotic newbie who cant do the simple task of reading a complete topic... Thank you, have a nice day =3- Zane Blalock-
[/Flame]

(going into 1st post.)

-Zane Blalock-

Support CZZC Global... or DIE
Want one? I'am opening up Shop late january! Dont be late!
Thanks
9 Users
Old 12/01/2008, 06:26   #2

Good Luck
Old 12/01/2008, 08:55   #3

nvm got it all
Old 12/01/2008, 09:14   #4

This is actually a really easy to use source. And adding items drops/npc's/mobs, etc... Is really straight forward.
Old 12/01/2008, 13:11   #5

Yeap, now i just want to get the mobs working. After that i'll focus on trying to make the form more advance. Right now the Dialog for the npcs are kinda limited.
Old 12/01/2008, 14:05   #6

Yah, that's one of the things that bugged me was NPC's. Sure they were easy to add dialog and stuff too, but... Creating reuirements or rewards for stuff was limited to 1 option really.

What I mean by that is, I want to make a celestine NPC. I can only make 1 item required for making the celestial stone, regardless of whether or not I could make an amount of 1 specific item needed, still was rough. Or if I wanted a promo NPC, could only gain the job change as a reward, couldn't add an item as well.

I thought of going through it all and trying to remake the functions, but... I didn't know much about anything yet so... I left the source.

It does have great potential if you ask me though, runs extremely smooth, and with the right touchups, well... You get my drift.
Old 12/01/2008, 16:06   #7

I like the look of this source but i would personally have it using an SQL database for the characters, mob etc.

Gunna have a good mess around with this! Thanks

EDIT: I have a question
Why do we run the server from Debug instead of release? (most of the servers i have looked at today are like this)

When creating a simple application in C# such as the Hello World application you run it from the release.
Old 12/01/2008, 16:08   #8

This is the old edited Samehvan source,
Old 12/01/2008, 16:18   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiXian
This is the old edited Samehvan source,
He said

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane203
It was started by Hadeset, Moved to Samehvan, Moved to Gfun, and now its me
Old 12/01/2008, 16:27   #10

I guess sometimes people fail to read...
Old 12/01/2008, 21:03   #11

elite*gold: 20
Yeah i think u are right
Old 12/01/2008, 21:05   #12

umm i got a question.

how to make monsters actully hit you?
And how to Edit Xp Rate and Prof RAte
Old 12/01/2008, 23:16   #13

I have a source with working mobs anyone know where that data is written
Old 12/01/2008, 23:20   #14

anyone that knows this stuff wanna teamview my listen button keeps showing an error?

please help ive been working on this alot -.-
Old 12/01/2008, 23:24   #15

Mobs don't attack on this source yet, and it's not a simple case of just copying and pasting from another source. This one is written much different. As for help with this source... I know I have some txt files hiding somewhere on my computer in regards to the functions on this source. If I find them, I'll write up a few small tutorials on how to do stuff on it. I unlike many took the time to read through about 200 forum pages worth of info to figure out all the available options for this source, and how to change things in it. ><