Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 23:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide]What makes a server fail

Discussion on [Guide]What makes a server fail within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post [Guide]What makes a server fail

A lot of people may wonder, "Why does my server fail?" or "I've ran 3 different servers, and neither have survived..."...

Well I'm here to give you guys the answer why, and to tell those making a server what they shouldn't do!
My reasons of why none of my servers survived:

Bad Staff Choice

Lack of Faith (In Yourself)

Source/Client

Lack of Community Effort

Not things I have done, but have seen before....

Corruption

Ignorance/Arrogance

Well, that's really about it. If there's more than you can think of, PM me about it and I'll put it up here and give you credit. Don't post it because not all members read posts and it'll keep the thread... slightly more clean.

Not really what causes your server to fail, but here's how to boost your success and some common myths that Server owners will tell you.

Foreigners

Your Website
Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/16/2011, 16:32   #2

You are totally right, no ****.
Old 09/16/2011, 17:28   #3

Its sad that most servers have bad things like you just said
THIS SUCKS
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/16/2011, 20:55   #4

Best server I ever played was one where I had to donate $1000's and you never had the chance to get nobility rank, everybody was aimbotting and when you said no to joining a guild 100 players will rape your *** untill you leave. The GM's were abusing and banning from left to right. Never played a better server.

Old 09/17/2011, 04:00   #5

#Bump - A lot more reasons were added and some pretty good tips too. Would it be possible to get a sticky on this? I honestly think a lot of people could learn from this and hopefully this would prevent at least one **** server from being advertised.
Old 09/17/2011, 10:43   #6

Good Job ,starting by "how to fail" and finishing with "how to succeed"

again good job, i wish Moderators make it with Sticky Threads
Old 09/17/2011, 12:24   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by C#Storm View Post
Good Job ,starting by "how to fail" and finishing with "how to succeed"

again good job, i wish medators make it with Sticky Threads
Moderators*
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/17/2011, 12:46   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlackPlagu3x View Post
#Bump - A lot more reasons were added and some pretty good tips too. Would it be possible to get a sticky on this? I honestly think a lot of people could learn from this and hopefully this would prevent at least one **** server from being advertised.
No it will not get a sticky and nobody will use it. Those who fail will fail no matter what. The quality will never change and there have been made 100's of these threads, yet I haven't seen one stickied.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/17/2011, 19:32   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by F i n c h i View Post
Moderators*
thx

sorry was writing fast , everyone makes mistakes ^^
Old 09/17/2011, 21:04   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaussHacker View Post
No it will not get a sticky and nobody will use it. Those who fail will fail no matter what. The quality will never change and there have been made 100's of these threads, yet I haven't seen one stickied.
Eh, it's a shame that nobody uses these threads right? I wish that there would be one of these threads stickied, maybe my 2nd server wouldn't have failed so hard. Even if it's not me, SOMEONE needs to make a thread that's so fantastic it speaks to all of the community of E*PvP and NOBODY would make a fail server again... of course that's a fantasy and will never happen. But it's okay to wish for it, right?
Old 09/18/2011, 00:44   #11

Quote:
Eh, it's a shame that nobody uses these threads right? I wish that there would be one of these threads stickied, maybe my 2nd server wouldn't have failed so hard. Even if it's not me, SOMEONE needs to make a thread that's so fantastic it speaks to all of the community of E*PvP and NOBODY would make a fail server again... of course that's a fantasy and will never happen. But it's okay to wish for it, right?
It's something you cannot wish about now and will never happen. Would've been possible maybe 5 years ago, but now no.
Old 09/18/2011, 01:03   #12

Quote:
It's something you cannot wish about now and will never happen. Would've been possible maybe 5 years ago, but now no.
5 years ago was it mostly people with common sense hanging around in these forums? Like you, Fang, Impulse, Hybrid, etc., etc.?
Old 09/18/2011, 02:29   #13

Quote:
5 years ago was it mostly people with common sense hanging around in these forums? Like you, Fang, Impulse, Hybrid, etc., etc.?
Fang is from last year. I don't know who was here 5 years ago, I wasn't, but I know for sure Hybrid was. I have only been here since 2008.
Old 09/18/2011, 03:24   #14

Quote:
Fang is from last year. I don't know who was here 5 years ago, I wasn't, but I know for sure Hybrid was. I have only been here since 2008.
Well I more meant people like you guys, meaning people with common sense.
Old 09/19/2011, 08:10   #15

Quote:
Yes.