Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 01:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Development] 4267 conquer server.

Discussion on [Development] 4267 conquer server. within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 04/05/2010, 22:42   #361

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeTe Ninja View Post
i think 3 months of work he could of got more than 4 commands done.
Hmm ,why don't you make your own custom source completely from scratch and tell me you don't have any bugs at all hmm?
It's beta.
There are of course going to be bugs -.-
Old 04/05/2010, 22:50   #362

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmuneOne View Post
I'm testing existing features, and I had a weird problem with the reviving that's all. But once again what part of BETA do you guys not understand?

And all commands work, we had some little bugs that we're trying to solve.
Aren't initial betas so much fun? ahahah...

Gotta love how everyone freaks out that 'omg x doesn't work!' when it's obviously JUST starting up on a completely custom source and is specifically in beta.

Good luck with the server. I'm sure it will turn out great.
Old 04/05/2010, 23:09   #363

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Arco View Post
Hmm ,why don't you make your own custom source completely from scratch and tell me you don't have any bugs at all hmm?
It's beta.
There are of course going to be bugs -.-
some of his bugs are very simple to fix.. e.g the commands not working. to me. if he wanted us to test other things besides commands, i think he would of spent the time to try it himself.
Old 04/05/2010, 23:22   #364

You have to test everything, and commands works fine.
Old 04/06/2010, 00:58   #365

Quote:
You have to test everything, and commands works fine.
can you give example of how to type command for equips?
Old 04/06/2010, 01:40   #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by LankanSouljah View Post
can you give example of how to type command for equips?
@item 420339 9 13 13

By the way, restarts are usual in an alpha phase to fix bugs.
Old 04/06/2010, 06:21   #367

My only suggestion is switch from item ids to item names its not that hard. I do not feel like remembering all the items by ids i think my Hard Brain my overload *This is the part where you laugh and agree with me* I can remember Conquest Blades and Conquest Armor better than 43099 and 40309. Other than that keep on trucking guys.

PS : I know them ids are not correct just to make a point.
Old 04/06/2010, 10:52   #368

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImFlamedCOD View Post
My only suggestion is switch from item ids to item names its not that hard. I do not feel like remembering all the items by ids i think my Hard Brain my overload *This is the part where you laugh and agree with me* I can remember Conquest Blades and Conquest Armor better than 43099 and 40309. Other than that keep on trucking guys.

PS : I know them ids are not correct just to make a point.
Done.
Old 04/06/2010, 15:59   #369

is the server up?
Old 04/06/2010, 16:20   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by base915 View Post
is the server up?
I think I'm just gonna fix all the bugs and switch to leveling server.
Old 04/07/2010, 03:39   #371

Quote:
I think I'm just gonna fix all the bugs and switch to leveling server.
Probably why i couldn't log anyways let us know when its a leveling server i want to play a good private server for once all the others like LastCo are just Donate based
Old 04/07/2010, 09:27   #372

Quote:
Originally Posted by LankanSouljah View Post
Probably why i couldn't log anyways let us know when its a leveling server i want to play a good private server for once all the others like LastCo are just Donate based
Yeah, because a birdie *cough* Nullable *cough* told me I didn't have to go into the deepest details when launching alpha PvP Phase. I personally don't like PvP servers so I decided to devote some of my free time to get you guys a good leveling server, ofcourse together with Nullable.
Old 04/09/2010, 22:47   #373

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Well since i was having so many issues with my quadtree i decided that i would write something to graphically represent it and here it is!

This is atually really important for me, it shows that the quadtree is not performing as intended, i engineered it to have a 5 object limit, and after that it should subdivide again, as you can see theres a node with 12 objects in it, well this simply will not do! It also i discovered does not update when an entity enters/exits a node. And also after speaking to an NPC the entity does not move within the quadtree at all! This is because if me modifying the Entity in anouther app and performing an update, the quadtree treats it as a different Entity and doesnt continue to update its movements, previously it made a duplicate of it and moved that instead.

All in all this is pretty interesting for me and probably pretty dull for you lot, but thought i would share anyways.

Edit:

Ok so i continued working on this after this post and managed to fix a number of my issues and heres an example of map the size of Twin City with a 5 object per node cap on it and 15k npcs spawned.

Note this is just an example, the object cap would be atleast 10 probably. Alot of people dont really understand the reason for having a system like this, ive been trying to explain it to Haydz for a while as hes interested in its benefits, hopefully this picture will make sense.

Basically, when performing a query the only nodes (the black boxes) which will be queried will be the ones which intersect with the red box, and then only black dots which intersect with the red box will be spawned, since the red box denotes the area which a client can see.
Old 04/09/2010, 23:41   #374

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Well since i was having so many issues with my quadtree i decided that i would write something to graphically represent it and here it is!

This is atually really important for me, it shows that the quadtree is not performing as intended, i engineered it to have a 5 object limit, and after that it should subdivide again, as you can see theres a node with 12 objects in it, well this simply will not do! It also i discovered does not update when an entity enters/exits a node. And also after speaking to an NPC the entity does not move within the quadtree at all! This is because if me modifying the Entity in anouther app and performing an update, the quadtree treats it as a different Entity and doesnt continue to update its movements, previously it made a duplicate of it and moved that instead.

All in all this is pretty interesting for me and probably pretty dull for you lot, but thought i would share anyways.
PM if you need help with the quadtree, I got it working and it's quite efficiant, works very well!
Old 04/09/2010, 23:50   #375

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmeTheCoder View Post
PM if you need help with the quadtree, I got it working and it's quite efficiant, works very well!
See my updated post

Heres a picture of 100k Barbers spawned, still with 5 objects per cell, and the graphical representation of that.

Oh and memory usage for the game server at this stage is 36mb.

Edit: Just brought the number up to 300k (thats a third of the map covered now), the client reports between 70 - 300 ping, teleporting to an empty map and the client shows a ping of around 30, this leads me to beleive that the ping being shown on the busy map is entirely down to the client, since no data is sent after the initial spawn. Server memory is now 65mb, which isnt bad since im pretty sure ill never have more than 300k objects in the entire server at one time.

Edit2: Just decided to spawn an extra 700k barbers, memory usage is now 151mb, perfectly acceptable for 1 million npcs in my oppinion, im not atually able to get a graphical represenation for this, i had it setup to update ever 250ms and it just doesnt like it lol. It would just be pure green anyway.