Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 02:35

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

A brief overview of the history of this section

Discussion on A brief overview of the history of this section within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
A brief overview of the history of this section

I thought it would be cool to look at how this section of elitepvpers (the Conquer private server development scene) so Haydz and I started writing a document which covered most of the major things that happened in the community.

There are a lot of unfilled spaces (such as citations about UCCO and CoEMU, as well as what exactly went on with Albetros post CSV2, why it was released etc.) so I'm hoping members that were involved in these things (i.e Korvacs and pro4never) would be interested in contributing to this.

It's without a doubt, some of the document is going to be biased, especially parts when a person writing talks about themselves. The bottom also contains a short biography and closing remarks section which I'm sure most people will find an interesting read.

If I trust you (if you have a fair amount of credibility), I'd be more than happy to give you permission to edit the document.

A history of this section:

A sticky would be appreciated since this is a brief overview of this history of this subsection itself.
Thanks
8 Users
Old 08/03/2013, 15:31   #2

elite*gold: 28
Enjoyed the read.
Old 08/03/2013, 16:00   #3

elite*gold: 0
I'm surprised Newestcoserver (lotf 2?) was not in there, it had more influence on the community than any other source.
Old 08/03/2013, 19:41   #4

elite*gold: 130
Same goes for the release of trinity's source that ruined the community aswell.
Old 08/03/2013, 21:54   #5

What exactly is this suppose to bring to the table?
Old 08/03/2013, 23:37   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
Same goes for the release of trinity's source that ruined the community aswell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
I'm surprised Newestcoserver (lotf 2?) was not in there, it had more influence on the community than any other source.

I wasn't around for any of this, so I can't write about something I don't know, nor was Haydz. If Bauss wants to do the write up for it, I don't mind giving him edit privilliages, you can PM me your gmail email

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriticallyDev View Post
What exactly is this suppose to bring to the table?
nostalgia from when we all first started for those who are still here, a realization of how shit the community has become from where it was when it first started
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/04/2013, 00:14   #7

Well I am not entirely sure how it got started, might want to ask Arco about that or someone who used it when it was leaked/released.
Old 08/04/2013, 00:17   #8

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Not sure if I'm interested in doing large amounts of editing to this but I'd like to correct the entry for albetros which you can feel free to use in part or full ^^

Hellmouth source was the first custom source I attempted to write. It was heavily inspired by the CoEmu sources which I used to learn basic programming concepts. Hellmouth was one of the few servers at the time running on current tq patch with all public sources at the time basically being 5165.

There were many huge flaws in the source as it was my first attempt which inspired the hellmouth project to start from scratch. With the help of saint, we decided to write a new, more stable base using all I had learned plus the contributions of our players (saint and devnul and biohazard being the main ones that come to mind). This spawned what would become the albetros source.

Saint wrote the core albetros source (socket system and spacial organization mostly) at which point I took over and developed it into a rather complete server which was hosted publicly for a number of months. DevNull had quite a number of large contributions ranging from packet structures, the nobility system, the database system (all nhibernate functionality was his work). Item usages and npc scripts were written by biohazard throughout his time on our server.

A number of factors went into shutting down the server. Including a bad breakup, being in the middle of switching majors + schools as well as a nasty issue with microsoft's random ******* over much of our database (many rollbacks to remove poorly generated drops caused a lot of player anger)

Eventually I shut down the server with the statement that I may continue to work on it in the future but it was not prority at the time. A few months later I decided to release the source. There was no leaked version. I simply released it as I did not want to deal with trying to sell it and was sick of reading through newcoserver questions all day every day.

Hope that answers some questions as to my involvement in the section. There were obviously other minor projects and things I worked on (technically my server has had 3 main incarnations across the years but earlier ones were not custom sources)
Old 08/04/2013, 02:51   #9

Updated it with your comments.

So yeah, if someone wants to do a write up for Newest CO, where it came from (authors), why, etc. that would be great.
Old 08/04/2013, 11:33   #10

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
Updated it with your comments.

So yeah, if someone wants to do a write up for Newest CO, where it came from (authors), why, etc. that would be great.
As far as I know, that source got released after Tanel sold it to multiple people.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/04/2013, 11:37   #11

Okay, cheers, I'll do a write up for it with what little knowledge we have. If anyone would like to contribute any more insight, I'll add it.
Old 08/04/2013, 19:06   #12

I think Impulse would be worth mentioning as well. Aside from that, enjoyed this a lot.
Old 08/05/2013, 10:40   #13

Received Thanks: 2,518
I wasn't actually that involved in UCCO as far as I can recall though I did register on their forums and post a handful of times, I played Qonquer and came up with the idea of the 9999 autopatch bypass which was used quite heavily at the time though it was superseded by blacknull. Then I got involved with CoEMU coding things like the warehouse system, NPCs etc.

A nice trip down memory lane
Old 08/05/2013, 10:42   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
I wasn't actually that involved in UCCO as far as I can recall though I did register on their forums and post a handful of times, I played Qonquer and came up with the idea of the 9999 autopatch bypass which was used quite heavily at the time though it was superseded by blacknull. Then I got involved with CoEMU coding things like the warehouse system, NPCs etc.

A nice trip down memory lane
I should definitely mention the Convert.ToInt32() being called on variables that were already int <3
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/05/2013, 10:44   #15

Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
I should definitely mention the Convert.ToInt32() being called on variables that were already int <3
Look some of us brought about forward thinking that just a prime example of forward thinking beyond reason.

I was on a whole other level at that point, you wouldn't understand.