Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 05:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

This community

Discussion on This community within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 05/02/2012, 01:15   #331

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
No underground access was invite only primarily, later we allowed people to request it at which point votes were taken etc.

While you might think its stupid the reasoning is very simple, release high level exploits to the community and you destroy a game, no game means no community, ie. self-destruction. Its happening to CO right now, just in slow motion due to die-hard bulkers.
I know, but I mean, how many "high level" exploits are actually left in CO that aren't public? I think they can be counted with one hand.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/02/2012, 01:18   #332

Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmHawtness View Post
I know, but I mean, how many "high level" exploits are actually left in CO that aren't public? I think they can be counted with one hand.
Well yeah i was just saying thats the requirement, if theres nothing left then what can ya do about it...but this just goes to show how bad the control of information has been over the last 4/5 years.
Old 05/02/2012, 01:24   #333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Well yeah i was just saying thats the requirement, if theres nothing left then what can ya do about it...but this just goes to show how bad the control of information has been over the last 4/5 years.
Or the fact that there was no structure over the past 4 years. It was initially a good idea, but it didn't work out as intended for CO. Instead of "submitting" something to strengthen the community or the likes, things were held back for personal gain back then, or released to force TQ to act. The support forum rings a bell. That for one would have been a perfect thing to keep quiet about. It had more to offer than "stealing accounts" but it was posted publicly in an attempt to force TQ to act and it was therefore fixed semi quickly. That is one of the few cases of where being open doesn't benefit the community.
Old 05/02/2012, 01:35   #334

Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by bone-you View Post
Or the fact that there was no structure over the past 4 years. It was initially a good idea, but it didn't work out as intended for CO. Instead of "submitting" something to strengthen the community or the likes, things were held back for personal gain back then, or released to force TQ to act. The support forum rings a bell. That for one would have been a perfect thing to keep quiet about. It had more to offer than "stealing accounts" but it was posted publicly in an attempt to force TQ to act and it was therefore fixed semi quickly. That is one of the few cases of where being open doesn't benefit the community.
Well no, the structure was there, we had a leader of the UG at all times, the system just wasnt enforced, until i tried to do it the last time the packet encryption was altered, at which point the administrators performed a U-Turn on their decision to restrict it as i had requested after pointing out the potential harm such a release could do to the game.

Hence, bad information control.
Old 05/02/2012, 01:50   #335

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
** meaning "if they ever return and want access"
*** meaning "to be discussed"

UG List:

Lv2. List:

I object to { Angelius }, I don't think he's really cut out for it.
But, I'm willing to here what the other members who're already on the list have to say.

@Captivate:
UG seems to have a pretty low standard since it's peer-reccomended one person can't out right say "NO I HAVE A GRUDGE AGAINST THIS PERSON" since it's a democratic decision from the UG community.
It's simply a method of filtering those who're leeching.
What is there to be discussed about Nullable? I think he qualifies more than enough, way more then bone-you. Nothing personal really.
Old 05/02/2012, 03:11   #336

Received Thanks: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmuneOne View Post
What is there to be discussed about Nullable? I think he qualifies more than enough, way more then bone-you. Nothing personal really.
Oh, did I just notice I tripled *'d his name. Oops, same for lostsold'.
Anyways guys, here's the finalized ideal list:

Underground List:
Quote:
lostsolder05 **
{ Angelius } ***
clintonselke
Synsia
Ultimation
_DreadNought_
unknownone **
Korvacs
Lateralus
bone-you
InfamousNoone
Fang
CptSky
pro4never
Mr_PoP
Kiyono
ntl3fty
IAmHawtness
Nullable **
Tanelipe **
Haydz
I don't have a username
-Impulse- (no idea what his name is on e*pvp)
Lv2. List:
Quote:
Korvacs
bone-you
InfamousNoone
Ultimation
unknownone **
Haydz
IAmHawtness
Nullable **
After to talking to John Dread we're not going to get our Lv2. section right away, so right now we're going to have to settle for a under ground. The current members of Underground who aren't on this list are being kicked out, as well as existing threads. It's essentially a complete re-vamp of the section.

We will essentially be getting a moderator of the section (hopefully it's two, if not I'll let Ultimation take this). It's not the same as a normal moderator (i.e. like Kiyono), John dread refereed to it as a "Underground Leader" and said he'd find out the capabilities later.

In the future, if UG shows productive progress we may get our Lv2. system, or at least an exclusive rank system asking what we've out lined.

Purposes
Underground: To act as a general filter against leechers and people who serve no purpose in the community. This will be the ideal place to launch open-source projects as it will have a vast amount of active capable developers. Positive feed back and criticism can be given to allow the developers to grow in fields such as various programming languages, reverse engineering, etc.

Lv. 2 (Or at least what we've proposed)
A collective library of volatile information that we've deemed too important to release to the masses (that of which includes UG). The purposes of this section is information that can be used in private projects but gathered collectively in an organized fashion.

Feed back?
Thanks
7 Users
Old 05/02/2012, 03:18   #337

Perfect.
Old 05/02/2012, 03:21   #338

elite*gold: 28
Lateralus took the words right out of my mouth, will we automatically get put in the revamped UG or do we await further instructions?
Old 05/02/2012, 03:29   #339

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Yay for making the list *waves hands frantically*
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/02/2012, 03:30   #340

Received Thanks: 1,147
Quote:
[...]
It looks good.
Old 05/02/2012, 07:15   #341

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Looks good to me too. I wish I was a bit more active in this thread, but I really have nothing left to say besides I'm excited about the idea. Looks fun, a community with other people who share an interest in the creativity and development behind computer game design and Conquer Online.
Old 05/02/2012, 09:34   #342

Received Thanks: 1,741
Quote:
@funhacker:
Yes it's true I haven't worked with P.Server's for 2-3 years, but I've learned all the mechanics they have to offer. That's why I left the private server scene as it offered simply nothing more for me to learn. I still know all the systems inside out, the most difficult part would be getting new structures.
Not exactly what I meant, was just commenting that a person doesn't need to be 'active' around the area to know how things work, and you made a prime example of that.

As for peoples' comments about how to restrict what is 'leeched' I've seen a few forum designs that actually have like a "point" system. You can restrict your release to say people that have at least 50 or so points and you gain points on releases that are helpful and popular. However unless points have a 24hour delay on them you can run the risk that some users will just release the following:

Thread Title: CP Hack!
Download Link: FakeApp
Point Restriction: 5

Plenty of the "newbies" will try this giving the OP plenty of points to be able to download/leach w/e he/she wants, but with the delay a moderator will see this, deem the thread illegitimate and impose a point penalty.

Just something for the ADMINS to ponder about

Sorry forgot to add, that when downloading from a release for the first time it will cost the user points too. This prevents any major leaching.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/02/2012, 09:50   #343

Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/02/2012, 09:56   #344

Received Thanks: 1,565
perfect
Old 05/02/2012, 10:38   #345

Quote:
Oh, did I just notice I tripled *'d his name. Oops, same for lostsold'.
Anyways guys, here's the finalized ideal list:

Underground List:

Lv2. List:

After to talking to John Dread we're not going to get our Lv2. section right away, so right now we're going to have to settle for a under ground. The current members of Underground who aren't on this list are being kicked out, as well as existing threads. It's essentially a complete re-vamp of the section.

We will essentially be getting a moderator of the section (hopefully it's two, if not I'll let Ultimation take this). It's not the same as a normal moderator (i.e. like Kiyono), John dread refereed to it as a "Underground Leader" and said he'd find out the capabilities later.

In the future, if UG shows productive progress we may get our Lv2. system, or at least an exclusive rank system asking what we've out lined.

Purposes
Underground: To act as a general filter against leechers and people who serve no purpose in the community. This will be the ideal place to launch open-source projects as it will have a vast amount of active capable developers. Positive feed back and criticism can be given to allow the developers to grow in fields such as various programming languages, reverse engineering, etc.

Lv. 2 (Or at least what we've proposed)
A collective library of volatile information that we've deemed too important to release to the masses (that of which includes UG). The purposes of this section is information that can be used in private projects but gathered collectively in an organized fashion.

Feed back?
Looks good, no complaints here.