Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 15:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[HowTo] Advertise your server with Results!

Discussion on [HowTo] Advertise your server with Results! within the CO2 PServer Archive forum part of the CO2 PServer Advertising category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post [HowTo] Advertise your server with Results!

Okay before I even start, this is MUST READ if you haven't.

Alright, as some of you know. We're all fed up with same over and over again the same kind of advertisements. We take 1 quick look, and we laugh and be rude/mean to them.

Let's get rid of that. Teach them how to advertise without getting laughed at, and in the end get good results. Well it all depends on server.

What a advertisement should contain:
Quote:
The Project:
Website Link: (DON'T FORGET LINKBACK)

Here you can write about your project a little, how long you want to work on it. Or why you do it. Or just an little introduction of the whole server.
Quote:
Server Information:
- Stable : in % (0-100%) Don't lie!
- Players Online (Average) - Check 2 times every day at 2 differnt times. After that well do the math!
- Server Time
- Location of host
- Version of Client
- Source you used (Optional)
- Server Stage (Dev, Alpha, Beta?)
- Recruitment (Do you recruit people or not)
Then you have what many people want to see in 1 section. Separated from other stuff. Mixing information and having it messy will make people not want to read. Yes, I've down this mistake alot.

Now to the next section contains about In-Game Pros & Cons(Features).

Quote:
This can be shown in 2 ways. Neat too now just look at both the "Spoilers".
Basic Info:
- Max Level
- Max Reborn
- What classes do you have
- Exp Rate
- Gold Rate
- CP Rate
- ItemDrop Rate

Pros & Cons: (First black then red)
You write what is good about your server, that THIS is the reason WHY people SHOULD join this server.
This can vary from alot, example you have a event feature none has. Let's call it pet race; You describe how it works in a little box or a spoiler
And then you write what's BAD and disadvantageous about the server in Red
This is very important, you write what bugs you have that can affect the people. Especially big ones, incase you have login freeze then you write that.

This Pros & Cons section must be clean! And be spacious. If a person wants to read about 1 feature of Cons let them browse it through Spoiler. And be frank, your server is never the best.
Quote:
Media Use:
This time you have 1 section for Screenshots and videos. IMPORTANT: Have them inside "Spoiler". They take too much space! The advertisement will be too long
Quote:
Contact Information:
- E-mails / skype / yahoo
- Direct link for Chatroom
- Support site?
That is mostly it. I will eventually show a example of "Advertisements you SHOULD NOT MAKE" and example of a advertisement following this guide.

Remember things you must not do:
DO NOT SAY YOUR SERVER IS BEST (Will make everyone just think; oh crap another shit kid server not even going inside and checking it out)
DO NOT ADV ON OTHER SERVERS (How would you liked if all your players got stolen away)

So you got that in mind, be respectful. Everyone is working on their server for fame/experience/fun whatever reason they have.

Another tip is; MAKE and Force people to ask questions about the server, but also have good explanation on things you advertise. More replies and views on thread, more people will be interested.

A proffessional looking website, can attract many players. A horrible looking website can scare them away even though the advertisement itself was good.

If you followed this guide, and got results please hit "thanks". And there should be none to be writing very rude and mean replies in your thread. GoodLuck ^^

-ps: I'm very rude to noob advs
Thanks
11 Users
Old 07/31/2011, 15:50   #2

Not bad, hope people will read the whole post, and apply it of course.
Old 07/31/2011, 16:38   #3

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
#temp Sticky

Gonna sticky this temporarily as there's no real stickies in this section and it's easily the WORST section for people not reading before they post.

Gratz on being the first thing I've made all sticky
Old 07/31/2011, 17:28   #4

Thanks. And thanks for sticking it xD
Old 07/31/2011, 21:46   #5

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
I completely disagree with the things an advertisement should contain (stated this thread). I think that makes a terrible, terrible advertisement. I mean, do you see TQ advertising like that? Or any other game company in the world? I think it just makes your server look junky. If you can't tell the world about your server in a few sentences without making a list, somethings wrong with your server.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/31/2011, 21:59   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
I completely disagree with the things an advertisement should contain (stated this thread). I think that makes a terrible, terrible advertisement. I mean, do you see TQ advertising like that? Or any other game company in the world? I think it just makes your server look junky. If you can't tell the world about your server in a few sentences without making a list, somethings wrong with your server.
FYI; 97% here has no funs to Globally advertise like all other official games.
FYI again; private server cannot be globally advertised, you might get reported to police and worst state; jailed.

So this advertisement guide, is more suited for people who are here.
We're private server people, it's all junky.
What do you expect?
Please get real xD

Only a very small amount people get rich from small projects; e.g Minecraft
goodluck getting that far.
Old 07/31/2011, 22:21   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakejoe67 View Post
FYI; 97% here has no funs to Globally advertise like all other official games.
FYI again; private server cannot be globally advertised, you might get reported to police and worst state; jailed.

So this advertisement guide, is more suited for people who are here.
We're private server people, it's all junky.
What do you expect?
Please get real xD

Only a very small amount people get rich from small projects; e.g Minecraft
goodluck getting that far.
^
Ignorance / Misunderstanding of my opinion...
Either way, listing features is a terrible way to advertise a server and I was to burn this thread for even suggesting it.
Old 07/31/2011, 23:08   #8

Fang I'd suggest giving it a break on this issue.

The thread is somewhat useful as it cleans up and offers some suggestions for people looking to advertise their server. Obviously people are welcome to format their advertisement any way they want and market their server in any way.

This is simply a suggestion for the people who have no clue what they are doing. It allows people to simply glance at an advertisement and get some idea of what the server has to offer versus the other million pservers floating around this section.

Personally I'd enjoy that because it reduces the number of 'OMG I WANT TO PLAY PVP SERVER, WHERE CAN FIND?!" type posts.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/01/2011, 03:34   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Fang I'd suggest giving it a break on this issue.

The thread is somewhat useful as it cleans up and offers some suggestions for people looking to advertise their server. Obviously people are welcome to format their advertisement any way they want and market their server in any way.

This is simply a suggestion for the people who have no clue what they are doing. It allows people to simply glance at an advertisement and get some idea of what the server has to offer versus the other million pservers floating around this section.

Personally I'd enjoy that because it reduces the number of 'OMG I WANT TO PLAY PVP SERVER, WHERE CAN FIND?!" type posts.
Idk if this is actually going to help do that though. People ask that because they're too lazy to search this section or too stupid to find it. Besides, it's one thing to ignore the advertising format of listing features, but it's another thing to encourage it.
Old 08/01/2011, 20:02   #10

Very informative description. I like it.
Old 08/01/2011, 20:14   #11

Fang write a better one or get over it.
Old 08/01/2011, 20:40   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captivate View Post
Fang write a better one or get over it.
There is no better one. Nobody that needs to read this will read it. This post is not going to help at all. I know because we tried with my advert post (that never got any attention) which said basically the exact same thing that this guy is saying. I'm just stating what I've experienced with these things. And again, why encourage the listing ****? It's so junky.
Old 08/01/2011, 20:59   #13

So fang was just talking to me. His main complaint is that this being a sticky makes it sound official and like it's the 'only way' to do things.

As I said to him I have no right or reason to sensor other people's advice but including other viewpoints in your post might not be a bad thing.

Obviously every server is different and advertisements SHOULD be unique and customized to fit your server's perspective. This should be encouraged and, in future additions to you're advice I'd love to see some of that suggested.

Best of luck
P4N
Old 08/01/2011, 21:43   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
There is no better one. Nobody that needs to read this will read it. This post is not going to help at all. I know because we tried with my advert post (that never got any attention) which said basically the exact same thing that this guy is saying. I'm just stating what I've experienced with these things. And again, why encourage the listing ****? It's so junky.
*Ovulating*
Old 08/01/2011, 23:43   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yup Stigs View Post
*Ovulating*
You're using the wrong term...
I'm not even going to explain that...