Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 18:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

About Makin a bot

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
About Makin a bot

i was wanting to know what would i have to learn to make bots that run in the background

the main language i use is vb6

Old   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,305
Your best bet would be to move to a more advanced language.

For background actions you really only have 2 main options.

Memory based bot. Use C++ because other languages, injecting to a running process is difficult if not impossible (it CAN be done... it's just a pain).

use memory offsets + scripts to control actions.

Proxy based bot: use w/e you want. Java, C# C++ are all good options. Basically read packets being sent to/from the server and use them + scripts to control actions.

Each have their own pros and cons but if you are thinking you may want to sell the bot at some point, go with proxies. Memory based are run on the end users computer meaning regardless of your auth system/account servers... you WILL end up having it cracked (if it's worth cracking). Proxies, the entire code is server side (depending on how you write it) and therefor it's alot harder to crack and use for free.

C++ is intimidating to alot of people (me included) plus I'm far more comfortable working with packets than memory (as I've done some pserver development... never dealt with memory based stuff) so I'd recommend the proxy option but it's really up to you.

Ooh, not that it's a huge issue but as far as I'm aware... proxies are less likely to get you in trouble with tq due to their stupid anticheat seeing as it doesn't modify the .exe or anything like that... then again from what I've read, the anti cheat is SUPER easy to disable so it's really a non-point.

Old   #3

Doesn't martin use VB6?

It's definitely possible, you just need to know how memory works.
Old   #4

Yeah he does use Vb, not sure if it's vb6 but idk much about vb anyways.

Considering vb is also a .net language you can do anything in it that you can do in C#, it's just done a little differently.

Old   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Your best bet would be to move to a more advanced language.

For background actions you really only have 2 main options.

Memory based bot. Use C++ because other languages, injecting to a running process is difficult if not impossible (it CAN be done... it's just a pain).

use memory offsets + scripts to control actions.

Proxy based bot: use w/e you want. Java, C# C++ are all good options. Basically read packets being sent to/from the server and use them + scripts to control actions.

Each have their own pros and cons but if you are thinking you may want to sell the bot at some point, go with proxies. Memory based are run on the end users computer meaning regardless of your auth system/account servers... you WILL end up having it cracked (if it's worth cracking). Proxies, the entire code is server side (depending on how you write it) and therefor it's alot harder to crack and use for free.

C++ is intimidating to alot of people (me included) plus I'm far more comfortable working with packets than memory (as I've done some pserver development... never dealt with memory based stuff) so I'd recommend the proxy option but it's really up to you.

Ooh, not that it's a huge issue but as far as I'm aware... proxies are less likely to get you in trouble with tq due to their stupid anticheat seeing as it doesn't modify the .exe or anything like that... then again from what I've read, the anti cheat is SUPER easy to disable so it's really a non-point.
well that is what i actual ment was proxy bot haha

but i know some vb.net and little C#.net

but i guess i will have to see if i can find anything and read up on it to learn more about how to do the proxy bot thing
Old   #6

elite*gold: 20
VB sucks, nuff said
Old   #7

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKDemon View Post
well that is what i actual ment was proxy bot haha

but i know some vb.net and little C#.net

but i guess i will have to see if i can find anything and read up on it to learn more about how to do the proxy bot thing
Well according to others here you CAN do it in VB (I didn't suggest it simply because I've never really used vb and was under the impression that it was generally for more... simplistic things)

You can definitely do it in C#, if you go to my project tracking thread there is a ton of information null posted about things I'd need to do to make my proxy as well as one of tannels proxies that with very little work can be upgraded to work with current tq patch (it's what mine was based off... taking a break and then gonna be doing a new one atm i think but it's worth a look for sure!)

Anyways, best of luck to you. Proxies can be alot of work and kinda intimidating but once you get a basic grasp on how they work and have some basic structure set up, they aren't really that bad. The first packet or two took me AGES to code but after that I was able to write functions and new packets quite easily and features became 10x as easy to code.
Old   #8

yeah i read the post there is alot of helpful stuff there i have downloaded the couple things and i will look through them and see what i can come up with i am just wanting to expand my programming