Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Programming
You last visited: Today at 05:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Question]TQ Antibot server

Discussion on [Question]TQ Antibot server within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 08/16/2012, 22:00   #31

elite*gold: 20
I'm genuinely confused as to how someone can be so ignorant.
Old 08/16/2012, 22:02   #32

Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by { Angelius } View Post
Now why would you say that... when its a public forum and everyone has the right to access it just like you and me and its not restricted to people that contributes to the community... i'm sorry but even the mod status that you had long ago doesn't give you the right to say that
I'm sorry but he hasn't contributed anything to this community beyond his ability to walk into a thread and cause arguments, I would classify his C++ source as a contribution, but for C++ its not particularly well written and it was widely ignored and unused as is the same for his proxy that he wrote (which at the time I believe I remember him stating that people shouldn't bother writing other proxies because his was capable of doing the same if they wrote plugins for it, ironic that now he believes everyone should just write everything instead of just using the tools available to them)

He just walks in, contradicts what he's said previously and becomes a hypocrite, I have every right to tell him to go where people actually care, and he should take my advice and consider it doing everyone here a favour.
Old 08/16/2012, 22:02   #33

Received Thanks: 2,882
Look at what I do, have done and will continue to do which you will always be sub par to. yolo?
On a second note where would the CO community be without my contributions?
Where would it be without yours... wait, did they even ever make a difference?
Old 08/16/2012, 22:10   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
I'm sorry but hasn't contributed anything to this community beyond his ability to walk into a thread and cause arguments, I would classify his C++ source as a contribution, but for C++ its not particularly well written and it was widely ignored and unused as is the same for his proxy that he wrote (which at the time I believe I remember him stating that people shouldn't bother writing other proxies because his was capable of doing the same if they wrote plugins for it, ironic that now he believes everyone should just write everything instead of just using the tools available to them)

He just walks in, contradicts what he's said previously and becomes a hypocrite, I have every right to tell him to go where people actually care, and he should take my advice and consider it doing everyone here a favour.
You're going to take into consideration how well written something is on whether it should be considered a contribution? lol.

It was ignored because it was C++. Scary. Everyone was into C# and because mine was incomplete compared to others, it wasn't given any attention except my own. After a while, it dragged on so I worked on other things such as my proxy.

I also don't recall ever saying no one should write other proxies. If I said ANYTHING remotely similar, it was only that my proxy could accomplish anything because it gives the user absolute full access to the data stream. I even put out examples of what it could do. I used that autostig module for months in it personally.

Quote:
that now he believes everyone should just write everything instead of just using the tools available to them)
huh?

Quote:
And what do you do for the community other than walk into threads telling people to, and I quote,
Quote:
Go back to the other community where you actually contribute and people actually give a fuck.
Your wiki? Ooh. Speshul. It's a wonderful resource, if it's even still up and functional. Is that all you have to fall back on? I remember last time you tried to defend your contributions, that's all you had to post about. You aren't really in a position to criticize how much I've contributed especially when your contribution is just a collaboration of other peoples' contributions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
Look at what I do, have done and will continue to do which you will always be sub par to. yolo?
On a second note where would the CO community be without my contributions?
Where would it be without yours... wait, did they even ever make a difference?
It's the thought that counts. If no one wants to dive into C++, then so be it, but just because the majority of the community is C# doesn't make a C++ release less of a contribution.

Also, why is this thread becoming about my contributions here? This thread was a question about part of the client, and a "na na na na" post afterwards. It has nothing to do with my contributions.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/16/2012, 22:21   #35

Your source was released at a very early time in the CO community. An early enough time where if you had given people enough reason with your release to switch to C++, it would have became the norm/standard, but as expected you didn't. You essentially released a C++ port which was sub-par to the C# open-source project floating about at the time. Wa0w very useful!!1!!
Old 08/16/2012, 22:26   #36

Quote:
Your source was released at a very early time in the CO community. An early enough time where if you had given people enough reason with your release to switch to C++, it would have became the norm/standard, but as expected you didn't. You essentially released a C++ port which was sub-par to the C# open-source project floating about at the time. Wa0w very useful!!1!!
Actually no, it wasn't sub-par. If anything, what did function was far superior. The issue was it wasn't complete so people had no reason to look at it. You couldn't play on it and that was the deciding factor. If you recall though, I did have the first functioning Broadcast system of any pserver. I also released that information in detail. I spent a whole 2k+ cps on my server spamming broadcast to figure it all out, and was the first person to release the information in detail. I suppose people easily forget about that huh. Doesn't matter if it was done later in C#. Still a contribution, even if no one may have used it.

Also, since when did you become Korvacs2.0? Are you really being like this to me just because I thought your post in this thread was nonconstructive? Irrelevant of all your releases up to this date, if this is how you're going to react to something like that, there is no hope for you. I can only hope other people who still release here don't have the same arrogance and sense of elitism.

I did a little search, apparently I posted my old broadcast in UG, though back then, UG was fairly open (people were in and out a lot).
Posted: 02-19-2008, 10:02 - All running on my C++ source.

Old 08/16/2012, 22:45   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bone-you View Post
Actually no, it wasn't sub-par. If anything, what did function was far superior. The issue was it wasn't complete so people had no reason to look at it. You couldn't play on it and that was the deciding factor. If you recall though, I did have the first functioning Broadcast system of any pserver. I also released that information in detail. I spent a whole 2k+ cps on my server spamming broadcast to figure it all out, and was the first person to release the information in detail. I suppose people easily forget about that huh. Doesn't matter if it was done later in C#. Still a contribution, even if no one may have used it.
Wow! A broadcast system. How do I use Queue<T> or boost::queue??
Nobody cared if it was complete, but if it was to par and enough reason was given, people would've adopted it. They didn't. There's a reason why it wasn't adopted: it's because it was sub par. The floating release at that time could be played on and that's the same base CO 2.1 (which was the first server I ever worked on before attempting to write my own from scratch). You think I could've ever came this far if all I cared about was $?

Quote:
Also, since when did you become Korvacs2.0? Are you really being like this to me just because I thought your post in this thread was nonconstructive? Irrelevant of all your releases up to this date, if this is how you're going to react to something like that, there is no hope for you. I can only hope other people who still release here don't have the same arrogance and sense of elitism.
Yup. Let me find a quote from a MSN convo. a long time ago, just a moment...
Quote:
At the end of the day, yes I am an arrogant self-centered ego-maniac but also at the end of the day I'm holding all the cards and I can do what you can't.
Sincerely,
The Best Around.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/16/2012, 22:45   #38

I wrote the first implementation of the warehouse system into CoEMU in 2006, the first source I wrote basically by myself was released by a friend of mine in 2007 and has over 6000 downloads, I ran the largest graphics moding forum for conquer for several years, plus all of my other releases over the years including 2 more private server sources, and a few tools, plus the wiki has had over 8000 unique visits and those people have viewed over 82,000 pages across 18,000 visits.

You have released a proxy in 2007 which was shut down 6 months later due to you being unable to break the encryption and a conquer server source that no one used.

I applaud your efforts, I really do...also that broadcast system looks fancy as ****, good job.
Old 08/16/2012, 23:05   #39

Quote:
Wow! A broadcast system. How do I use Queue<T> or boost::queue??
Nobody cared if it was complete, but if it was to par and enough reason was given, people would've adopted it. They didn't. There's a reason why it wasn't adopted: it's because it was sub par. The floating release at that time could be played on. Taking notes on this logic.
I see. So because my contribution was less than something you made at the time, that makes me unworthy of being labelled as a contributor.

Sub-par lol. The entire C# source at the time was sub-par. Crashes, bugs, endless issues. It was used because it had the most support by devs and saw more updates to it.

Quote:
I wrote the first implementation of the warehouse system into CoEMU in 2006, the first source I wrote basically by myself was released by a friend of mine in 2007 and has over 6000 downloads, I ran the largest graphics moding forum for conquer for several years, plus all of my other releases over the years including 2 more private server sources, and a few tools, plus the wiki has had over 8000 unique visits and those people have viewed over 82,000 pages across 18,000 visits.

You have released a proxy in 2007 which was shut down 6 months later due to you being unable to break the encryption and a conquer server source that no one used.

I applaud your efforts, I really do...also that broadcast system looks fancy as fuck, good job.
I'll be like Inf for a sec. OOO an item array list. A warehouse list is nothing special. "How do I use CItem * array[WHLIMIT]" or in your case, "ArrayList<Item> Warehouse"?

Download counts and visits are irrelevant. Being popular has nothing to do with being better. But I mean.. if you want to go into epeen.. projects I've done have had millions of unique hits, millions of pageviews, and hundreds of thousands of downloads. Might not be CO related, but on the subject of epeen since that's obviously what you're shooting for by giving counts for something irrelevant.

And yes, I couldn't break the new encryption at the time. I never got into ASM and could not best it no matter how hard I tried. Thus, my proxy was rendered unusable. Your point? I still tried. You two (and your attitudes) is the reason this community is the way it is now. Hostile and full of anger. No one can even ask a question without what you know being shoved into their faces, and in the end, not a single question answered. I apologize to Angelius for the thread hijacking here, it was not my intention. I'm pretty much done posting on the subject. There's really no helping this community when the 'figureheads' spout out "fuck you" as much as they can. It's a shame this has been allowed by the admins. It's done nothing but tear down the community. It's all about making money and ensuring no one else can compete.
Old 08/16/2012, 23:20   #40

Quote:
I see. So because my contribution was less than something you made at the time, that makes me unworthy of being labelled as a contributor.

Sub-par lol. The entire C# source at the time was sub-par. Crashes, bugs, endless issues. It was used because it had the most support by devs and saw more updates to it.

I'll be like Inf for a sec. OOO an item array list. A warehouse list is nothing special. "How do I use CItem * array[WHLIMIT]" or in your case, "ArrayList<Item> Warehouse"?

Download counts and visits are irrelevant. Being popular has nothing to do with being better. But I mean.. if you want to go into epeen.. projects I've done have had millions of unique hits, millions of pageviews, and hundreds of thousands of downloads. Might not be CO related, but on the subject of epeen since that's obviously what you're shooting for by giving counts for something irrelevant.

And yes, I couldn't break the new encryption at the time. I never got into ASM and could not best it no matter how hard I tried. Thus, my proxy was rendered unusable. Your point? I still tried. You two (and your attitudes) is the reason this community is the way it is now. Hostile and full of anger. No one can even ask a question without what you know being shoved into their faces, and in the end, not a single question answered. I apologize to Angelius for the thread hijacking here, it was not my intention. I'm pretty much done posting on the subject. There's really no helping this community when the 'figureheads' spout out "fuck you" as much as they can. It's a shame this has been allowed by the admins. It's done nothing but tear down the community. It's all about making money and ensuring no one else can compete.
You don't use an ArrayList<Item> as ArrayList is a non generic class from before the .NET 2.0 days. You use a List<T> where T is an appropriately named type as 'Item' is very vague in the world of programming.

Nice try. Why do you choose to use an array when defining the implementation in C++, but a a list collection when defining the implementation in C#? Do you not know when to use an array vs a list?

Quote:
There's really no helping this community when the 'figureheads' spout out "fuck you" as much as they can. It's a shame this has been allowed by the admins. It's done nothing but tear down the community. It's all about making money and ensuring no one else can compete.
ok, bye, emphasis on you
Old 08/16/2012, 23:21   #41

Quote:
There's really no helping this community when the 'figureheads' spout out "**** you" as much as they can. It's a shame this has been allowed by the admins. It's done nothing but tear down the community. It's all about making money and ensuring no one else can compete.
Actually there's really no helping this community when people start going on about how they are going to restart the community, release a load of content and then leave for money after doing nothing.

Like I said, the walking hypocrite ladies and gentlemen, take a bow bone!
Old 08/16/2012, 23:40   #42

Can't do it. You guys are insufferable. This is how immature you guys are, to need to make personal attacks instead of dropping it.

Quote:
You don't use an ArrayList<Item> as ArrayList is a non generic class from before the .NET 2.0 days. You use a List<T> where T is an appropriately named type as 'Item' is very vague in the world of programming.

Nice try. Why do you choose to use an array when defining the implementation in C++, but a a list collection when defining the implementation in C#? Do you not know when to use an array vs a list?

ok, bye, emphasis on you
Arrays in C++ are infinitely faster than lists. I don't know the performance difference in C# to know if lists are a far worse option. Also, you get the point. ArrayList or List. You don't have to be a retard about it. Whether or not one is more "recent", the point still gets across.

Quote:
Actually there's really no helping this community when people start going on about how they are going to restart the community, release a load of content and then leave for money after doing nothing.

Like I said, the walking hypocrite ladies and gentlemen, take a bow bone!
I never said I was going to restart the community. I like how you've put the burden of responsibility for this community on my shoulders though. I also didn't do nothing, but I will admit I did less than I had planned. Sorry if my life and well-being is more important than coding CO. Does it make you feel better to constantly criticize my contributions not fulfilling your expectations?

You know what Korvacs? I find it VERY HILARIOUS that back when you were a mod, you'd give me infractions for calling you out, yet here you are doing just the same back to me expecting no consequences in return. You want hypocrisy? Look no further than a mirror.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/16/2012, 23:43   #43

I don't think your contributions fulfilled anyones expectations after your little campaign to restart the community, and I would expect that if you felt the need for money was so great that you would get a job like everyone else, surprisingly jobs dont take up all of your time as you are clearly demonstrating by posting a complaining in a community that you abandoned.

Why not spend this time programming the C++ open source project you promised?

There's nothing hypocritical about that, you broke the rules because you were doing it to a moderator (And being offensive and insulting) and hence were infracted as according to our rules, I'm not being offensive and I'm not being insulting and you are not a moderator, thus i am not breaking any rules.

I'm glad you find it funny though
Old 08/17/2012, 00:01   #44

Quote:
I don't think your contributions fulfilled anyones expectations after your little campaign to restart the community, and I would expect that if you felt the need for money was so great that you would get a job like everyone else, surprisingly jobs dont take up all of your time as you are clearly demonstrating by posting a complaining in a community that you abandoned.

Why not spend this time programming the C++ open source project you promised?

There's nothing hypocritical about that, you broke the rules because you were doing it to a moderator (And being offensive and insulting) and hence were infracted as according to our rules, I'm not being offensive and I'm not being insulting and you are not a moderator, thus i am not breaking any rules.

I'm glad you find it funny though
Breaking rules and being a hypocrite have nothing to do with each other. You expected the rules to shield you then because you had a mod tag next to your name, yet once you were relinquished of that duty, do just the same to others. You're also being totally offensive.

Also, I do have a job of sorts. My work is doing what I love to do. Coding. Are you really trying to criticize that now? If I had the option to make the bare minimum to live while coding, or go get some low paid, manual labor job that may make more money, I'd pick coding hands down. Less pay is irrelevant, I'd be doing what I enjoy doing and as long as I can make a living off doing it, it doesn't really bother me.

I will be coding the project in time, as long as CO is still relevant.
Old 08/17/2012, 00:15   #45

Ugh you know what bone, I really don't understand why you keep posting here, you bring nothing new to the community, you bring argument into discussions, you bring hypocrisy into everything (not even sure how you manage that last one, but i honestly don't know a bigger hypocrite), I can only assume that your just a troll at this point, so your just here to waste peoples time, so I'm not going to bother wasting any more of my time on you.