Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 20:35

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Jumping Problem

Discussion on Jumping Problem within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 5,291
Jumping Problem

Well, on my 5071 source, I got a lot of things good to go, but now I have one really bad problem. If you jump once, then move at all you get dc'd. No matter what. You jump, then walk, boom dc. I been trying to fix this on my own for a few days, but no success. Here's some snippets of codes that deal with players jumping and walking. Does anyone see anything wrong with it, or do you think it may have something to do with setting location?
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/11/2010, 20:20   #2

Try debugging it! I had the same problem with my custom source and I figured out that it was the NPCs that weren't spawning correctly... but if your NPCs and Mobs are spawning correctly, I'd check your movement packet. What happens if you jump and then jump again? Does it do the same thing?
Old 09/11/2010, 20:24   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fáng- View Post
Try debugging it! I had the same problem with my custom source and I figured out that it was the NPCs that weren't spawning correctly... but if your NPCs and Mobs are spawning correctly, I'd check your movement packet. What happens if you jump and then jump again? Does it do the same thing?
Npcs and mobs spawn correctly, I login where there are npcs and mobs, and they are there, no problem. And obviously I tried debugging it or else Iwouldn't have posted asking for help. And I said any player movement causes dc. Jump+walk, or jump +jump.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/11/2010, 20:27   #4

What about just walking? Just... any kind of movement what so ever? How are the coordinate variables being saved? Because it looks like that handler might be correct. Did you run a block test to see what the new coords are and do they match what you're doing on the server?
Old 09/11/2010, 20:30   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fáng- View Post
What about just walking? Just... any kind of movement what so ever? How are the coordinate variables being saved? Because it looks like that handler might be correct. Did you run a block test to see what the new coords are and do they match what you're doing on the server?
You can walk, for a good 5 or so seconds, then it disconnects. But if you just stay still, you don't disconnect. And yes yes I did that. And they matched.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/11/2010, 20:35   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Arco View Post
You can walk, for a good 5 or so seconds, then it disconnects. But if you just stay still, you don't disconnect. And yes yes I did that. And they matched.
That's so weird... so the coords are matching... is it possible that they're not saving and the system is getting stuck with them making the client socket lag? That could make it disconnect. How is it saving these variables?
Old 09/11/2010, 20:43   #7

Received Thanks: 1,147
When you broadcast the packet, you probably send the packet with the TQClient seal.
Old 09/11/2010, 20:45   #8

All the packets are sent with the TQSeal, or else none of them would even be valid.
Old 09/11/2010, 20:48   #9

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
All the packets are sent with the TQSeal, or else none of them would even be valid.
Aren't there 2 of them? TQserver and TQclient, could be wrong though.
Old 09/11/2010, 21:04   #10

Even so, point being, if they weren't sent, then ALL my packets would be invalid aye?
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/11/2010, 21:25   #11

What does the console say? Nothing? Do a lot of breakpoint tests on 1 jump and see where it disconnects... not only in the Jump handler but where it goes after that. We can't see your source so it's kinda hard to help. =\
Old 09/11/2010, 21:30   #12

Quote:
Well, on my 5071 source, I got a lot of things good to go, but now I have one really bad problem. If you jump once, then move at all you get dc'd. No matter what. You jump, then walk, boom dc. I been trying to fix this on my own for a few days, but no success. Here's some snippets of codes that deal with players jumping and walking. Does anyone see anything wrong with it, or do you think it may have something to do with setting location?

Have you tried:
Hero.Screen.Reload(false, Packet);

I say this because with impulse's source you can see this:
client.Screen.Reload(generalData);
Old 09/11/2010, 21:31   #13

is the player (x,y) been updated ?
Old 09/11/2010, 21:34   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Shunsui- View Post
is the player (x,y) been updated ?

Yes,

Quote:
Hero.Entity.X = new_X;
Hero.Entity.Y = new_Y;
Old 09/11/2010, 22:12   #15

.Arco do this.

go in wherever you got the disconnection sequence ( Socket.Disconnect or Socket.ShutDown ) and generate an exception.

Make sure you have a single try-catch in the packet handler like so your exception will be caught by the try-catch from your packet handler.

Eg:

public void Disconnect()
{
throw new Exception("this is just a helpful exception");
if(Socket.Connected)
{
Socket.Disconnect(false);
Socket.Close();
}
LogOff();
}

public void HandlePacket(byte[] buffer, Client client)
{
try
{
ushort length = buffer[0] | (buffer[1] << 8);
ushort type = buffer[2] | (buffer[3] << 8);
switch(type)
{
case ...
}
}
catch(Exception exc)
{
Console.WriteLine(exc);
}
}

Once you do that, try to move the way you said and when you should disconnect, the exception will be thrown. Once the exception is thrown, just follow the stack trace and see where it goes till it gets to the disconnection sequence. It will be helpful.
Thanks
1 User