Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 18:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Who made CO PServer development as it is today?

Discussion on Who made CO PServer development as it is today? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 08/09/2010, 10:45   #31

elite*gold: 80
I would like to first off start by saying Thank you all for staying on topic(unless its been cleaned).

I would also have to say that just about everyone that contributed something to this forum help shape it into what it is today. Of course there should be a bigger thanks for the few that released the encryptions, I would have preferred that they kept them for themselves so i never got into the p server scene as it has been the biggest waste of my life(although i learned a lot and expanded my choices for college).
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/09/2010, 23:06   #32

elite*gold: 0
hadeset
hes just ******* amazing
Old 08/09/2010, 23:11   #33

Yeah! I made my sources and they sucked. Because they sucked, people had to try to make them better. That's what created more coders and more projects and all that.
The Learn to code guides and helping a few people doesn't change almost anything.
Of course I'm not saying I'm the only one who contributed something.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 08/10/2010, 08:40   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadeset View Post
Yeah! I made my sources and they sucked. Because they sucked, people had to try to make them better. That's what created more coders and more projects and all that.
The Learn to code guides and helping a few people doesn't change almost anything.
For me u contributed alot
Old 08/10/2010, 12:33   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadeset View Post
Which sources are yours? I forgot
Old 08/10/2010, 15:50   #36

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basser View Post
Not everybody leeches, and I asked which sources, as I do not know more than 1.

Besides, don't you facepalm me, it's the same idea as a slave telling his master to stfu.
FirstCOSource (It wasn't the first, just that name)
LOTF
NewestCOServer
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/10/2010, 16:15   #37

elite*gold: 20
WoT Warning
Trip down memory lane - Warning.

It's funny, I'm named a lot here, but in reality, it came before me and everyone else named(besides maybe sparkie and qonquer =p) as well.

This isn't meant to gloat or anything like that, but as I remember it, for me...

1. I started playing Qonquer because I heard it was awesome and you could be max level and enjoy the game at the end instead of going through the very long, tedious, and exhaustingly boring middle.
2. I enjoyed Qonquer so much, I thought, what if I could make something like Qonquer? (The core idea behind -all- private servers; what if?)

Then one day, I lurked elitepvpers and saw a post about UCCO, the UnderCover Conquer Online project. If it wasn't for this initial release, setting up a base for it all, I don't think anyone would have ever gotten interested enough to work on it, because very few people back then, from what I remember, knew the encryptions.

From there a few people, including t3hn00bz0r, einchorchin(forgot how to spell), aidadas, and myself and Ranny - including other people that I probably can't remember, really took off with the UCCO project and eventually expanded it to CoEmu open source and CoEurope.

Those were my first posts, and where I started learning how to code at all - I took the advice many people do not take today and learned to code starting with BASIC, lol, though you don't have to go that low.

Anyway, the people I named above, including the Qonquer server, as well as Sparkie and all of the people from that one site that all the cool people know(don't ask if you don't already know it), is what really got me into what I did today with CoEmu(even though it's not the best). If it hadn't been for Qonquer, I would have never gotten so interested in UCCO and I, along with possibly the other people that were involved with UCCO at the start, might not have gotten so excited about it and would have never created the first CoEmu, the open source version, from almost 4 years ago.

So when it comes down to it, it started with Qonquer(and iliveoncaffeine, can't forget the QO server's greatest GM ever), and t3hn00bz0r - for releasing the UCCO source.

Ah, the memories.

On a side note just in case any one of the people I mentioned in here should happen to read this - I thank you all for getting me(and many other people) excited about private servers and the like - you actually helped me make my career choice over these last 5 years, and now that I'm starting college, I feel this post is made at the correct time.

Andy.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/10/2010, 16:42   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd123 View Post
- Your story here, I read it btw -
Andy.
I absolutely forgot to thank you.
You, Andy, made me participate into PServers again.
I quit because of the lack of interest in coding, I thought I knew everything possible, but in reality I knew nothing but LOTF codes.
When you released CoEmu, I got interested, very interested, I rewrote it made it as custom as possible, and I've always kept rewriting CoEmu or developping for it, until Immune (Thank you a lot Immune, I know were in a fight, but still, your release was great!) released his source, I started studying that one, rewrote it as well, and create a custom source based on that one.
Old 08/11/2010, 07:21   #39

Received Thanks: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basser View Post
This thread is in no way similar to my last one, which I want to apologize for.

Anyhow, I was thinking, which people did great things for CO PServer development?

And what exactly did they do?

Name the person you admire for his participation, and why.
Person I admire for his participation.
I would have to name a few people.
First and foremost, Khaled, aka Nullable. He's taught me so much. Without him I surely wouldn't be at the level of coding I'm currently at. He's taught me how to build a packet structure from a simple dump. It'd be too much to list how much he has taught me. He has also helped me along the way with any problems. He wasn't one to just fix the problem for me and leave it at that, he explained to me what caused the error, and exactly what it takes to fix it. He's also a good friend, he motivates me to become a better coder.

Second, would be Kinshi. He helps me along the way whenever I run into bumps in the road. He's also contributed his fair share to the forums. He releases, helps, and does his humorous share of flaming around the forum

Third, hadeset, AKA Tanel. He has given probably the largest contribution to the conquer online private server development community. His sources. Without his sources, most people wouldn't be as far as they are now. I, for one, started out with his source, COServerProject, or as most of us call it, LOTF. LOTF is what got me learning C#. Without it, I wouldn't be coding at all, that's for sure. Then later came along his 5165 source, which taught me even more. I worked with that source for over 4 months, and I made a lot of progress with it. So Tanel, thanks.

Fourth, I would have to say, Emil AKA EmmeTheCoder. His releases for LOTF were greatly educational. He has contributed so much to this forum. I learned plenty from his release, and his constant help to the forum back in his day as moderator.

Fifth, Jack, AKA Korvacs. He constantly helps people without hesitation. And his wiki has helped me much with creating my 5071 source.And his source CoFuture, if not the first, was definitely one of the first sources that influenced people to start Conquer Online Private Server Development.

Sixth, Hybrid, AKA InfamousNoone. I haven't had much interaction with him, but I know for a fact he is one of the founders of private server development. And his basic source has helped many for sure. I myself, have been creating server from his source, based on patch 5071.

Others to thank are;
tao
ranny
tanelipe
leavemealone
andyd123
ImmuneOne
-impulse-
Thanks
4 Users
Old 08/11/2010, 12:47   #40

Oh and who do i have to thank? Justin and Sparkie. They have helped me the most. Justin sucks at explanation but has given me nice codes and Sparkie helped me get the blowfish cryptographer working and helped me lots with all kinds of other problems. Also whoever created and developed COEmu source, because thats where i learned to code at first.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/11/2010, 13:40   #41

I could create a list of people who I inspire for what theyve released I guess.
- Infamous (For his bugless source)
- Sparkie and Ultimatium (For their early development)
- Arco, Emme, Korvacs, Kinshi for their releases, work, and activity on the forum
- Tanel (For his sources)
- Andy (For CoEmu, for me a very big change in CO development)
- Tao and Immune (For both personal help as releases)
- Yuki and NewDuuDe (For CoNorth, my first pserver)
- All the leechers (For the few who actually did learn and became better at coding, and/or are still improving)
- Nullable (He helped me a little in the past, and hopefully still helps me in the future! )
- I probably forgot a lot of people >_>
Thanks
1 User